S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 [Frozen] Dev's Open New Studio To Make MMOFPS Survarium

That makes no sense. though, if GSC OWNS the rights to Stalker......why were they fighting to agree to use the rights to make Stalker 2???? and why woudl they want their OWN development team to not make another?

Wait, which Stalker franchise are we talking about here? The game STALKER that takes place in Chernobyl whose future we are lamenting, or the Stalker/Roadside Picnic source material that it was based on?

Because if it's the latter, then I could still see a derivative game taking place in the same location. (Source material had nothing to do with Chernobyl whatsoever.)

That makes no sense. though, if GSC OWNS the rights to Stalker......why were they fighting to agree to use the rights to make Stalker 2???? and why woudl they want their OWN development team to not make another?

From my understanding, Sergiy Grygorovych wanted to shut down GSC, which was that news we heard back in December of last year. Here is what's written in the new project's description
Ten years earlier, when at GSC Game World we started developing the renowned S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game series and continued working on it until December 2011 when the studio was unexpectedly shut down and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 project – frozen.

So Sergiy shut down GSC, but the group of developers wanted to proceed with the project, and hence they went looking for investors and so on. They found the investors, and they continued working on that project, but there was still that issue of the STALKER rights which is owned by Sergiy, not the dev team.

That's the problem, Sergiy is not on the same page with the rest of his developers. So for the developers to continue working on STALKER 2, they needed the rights from Sergiy first. Now it seems that the negotiation did not work out.

So this group of developers from GSC now formed their own company Vostok Games, while Sergiy still own the rights to STALKER 2. GSC is dead.

IMO, there's nothing Sergiy can do with that IP but to sell it eventually. He shut down GSC so I doubt he intends on doing this whole development business anymore.

From my understanding, Sergiy Grygorovych wanted to shut down GSC, which was that news we heard back in December of last year. Here is what's written in the new project's description

So Sergiy shut down GSC, but the group of developers wanted to proceed with the project, and hence they went looking for investors and so on. They found the investors, and they continued working on that project, but there was still that issue of the STALKER rights which is owned by Sergiy, not the dev team.

That's the problem, Sergiy is not on the same page with the rest of his developers. So for the developers to continue working on STALKER 2, they needed the rights from Sergiy first. Now it seems that the negotiation did not work out.

So this group of developers from GSC now formed their own company Vostok Games, while Sergiy still own the rights to STALKER 2. GSC is dead.

IMO, there's nothing Sergiy can do with that IP but to sell it eventually. He shut down GSC so I doubt he intends on doing this whole development business anymore.

The last I heard from Sergiy I think on twitter is that GSC was partially government backed which is common over there. The government or some part of it was attempting to wrangle control of the studio and profits. After some battles Sergiy said he gave up and shut the whole thing down to prevent any further action.

Hey guys sorry to be so off-topic here but I figured it's better to ask here than to make a thread just for one or two replies anyway.

But my question is, which STALKER should I play first? I've never gotten far in the first STALKER. I know Clear Sky is a prequel; is it a better/more enjoyable game than SoC?

I would say that SoC is better than Clear Sky, especially with the Complete Mod. Clear Sky had some neat ideas, but certain things like the faction warfare is pretty badly broken and seems to have minimal impact on the game other than annoying you by requiring you to babysit outposts every time they are attacked.

everybody has problems with the first battle in the first stalker. essentially the problems go away once you get a good gun, armor and a scope. try a walk through until you get those items. then you can abuse the stalkers that abused you.

I would say that SoC is better than Clear Sky, especially with the Complete Mod. Clear Sky had some neat ideas, but certain things like the faction warfare is pretty badly broken and seems to have minimal impact on the game other than annoying you by requiring you to babysit outposts every time they are attacked.

I'll have to check out Complete mod a try, thanks. Hopefully it doesn't make the game too easy (I already see they added some kind of teleport feature on their moddb page)

Last edited:
OPEN FREE BETA IS HERE !! AVAILABLE FOR ONE DAY ONLY !!

Doors Open Day Times Revealed!
Dear Survivors, tomorrow, April 25th we are opening up Survarium to all of you for 24 hours. From midnight tonight, Kiev time (GMT+3) you will be able to download and install the game. Playing will be possible from April 25 at 11:00am GMT+3 (Kiev time) for 24 hours until April 26 at 11:00 GMT+3 (Kiev time).

http://survarium.com/en

Nice! I've been waiting for this, I was afraid it would never actually make it out the door. Really glad to see its coming along.

So what is this? An MMO of sorts?

I downloaded it but haven't gotten a chance to play it yet.

Looked like any other FPS tbh. TDM style crap doesn't interest me from these developers.

I just tried it...yeah, it's just basic TDM. The gunplay is alright. Sound assets are pretty good. My main issues with it are that it's really quite slow...large map but you run slowly and it takes forever to get anywhere, so half your time is just looking for someone to shoot. Another thing is that I was getting massive lag in terms of other players rubber-banding all over the place. Made it half impossible to hit anyone. There is also no way to check your ping as far as I could tell, so it's hard to say if the netcode is shit or if my ping was shit; unacceptable either way.

the ppsh is fcking stupid op also spawn camping is terrible. in the 1 round i played I went 36-9 by just sitting in their spawn and killing every one with the minigun...i mean ppsh.

Yeah the rate of fire on it is ridiculous...sounds like a friggin GAU-8.

Yeah there is definitely something off with that gun. Weird lag all over the place. The maps I thought were pretty small but the atmosphere was good. Pistol is completely useless. Sounds good, feels good but you do feel really slow.

I enjoyed it though. Submitted bug reports from my couple of CTDs. Hopefully they improve it. I've not kept up with the development of this but, its not all going to be TDM is it? There will be open world stuff?

Back