S-IPS, H-IPS Monitor / Panel List

I thought this was pretty clean cut and I dont know whether its updated regularly, but everything seems in order. I would presume most people coming the Display Forum would be looking for a med to high end screen, so I thought I should share this IPS panel list...as the current sticky was updated like 2 years ago... :eek: :D

http://www.pchardwarehelp.com/guides/s-ips-lcd-list.php

Thats a really useful link - thanks.

I wonder if someone knows where there is a full list of the monitors that have an internal programmable look-up table (LUT)?, eg. NEC2690, Samsung XL24, Eizo SX2461 etc.

Dell 2007FP is missing on that list.

2007FP IS lottery, either PVA or IPS
To be fair...the 2007WFP and NEC 20WMGX2 (both of which I own:cool: ) shouldn't be on the list since they are both available only through the used market....or some lucky devil that finds a new one lost in a warehouse somewhere.

Thats a really useful link - thanks.

I wonder if someone knows where there is a full list of the monitors that have an internal programmable look-up table (LUT)?, eg. NEC2690, Samsung XL24, Eizo SX2461 etc.

You can do it yourself.
Most of those "lists" are internet compilations done by more or less informed enthusiasts.
You'll need an adequate knowledge of monitors and internet access for data collection.
Start with brands.
NEC, LaCie, Eizo. Possibly a new HP model. Marginal asian brands.
Go ahead!

Exclude Samsung XL24/XL30 - they have no HW (internal LUT) gamma curves calibration so far.

To be fair...the 2007WFP and NEC 20WMGX2 (both of which I own:cool: ) shouldn't be on the list since they are both available only through the used market....or some lucky devil that finds a new one lost in a warehouse somewhere.

Read again...

I'm talking about the FP, not the retarded Widescreen clone

The FP is still for sale on the Dell website.

$399 at Dell USA and € 522 :mad: in my country

I'd like to know if the HP LP2475w is H-IPS or S-IPS (though I'm getting it either way), but these lists are as contradictory as everything else - the first says S-IPS, then at TFTCentral, H-IPS. HP themselves say S-IPS but there seems to be a lot of H-IPS talk around.

I'd like to know if the HP LP2475w is H-IPS or S-IPS (though I'm getting it either way), but these lists are as contradictory as everything else - the first says S-IPS, then at TFTCentral, H-IPS. HP themselves say S-IPS but there seems to be a lot of H-IPS talk around.

It's labeled as an S-IPS, but TFTCentral's review says they found it to actually be an H-IPS.
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/hp_lp2475w.htm

The one thing I liked about pchardwarehelp was that it gave you an idea of what pricing was going to be like. Alot of times, people dont realize the pricing relationship between the different panels.

Back