Ryzen R5-1600 AF

cdoublejj

Limp Gawd
i can't find the storage controller drivers, supposedly i should be able to install them before running sysprep. i've seen videos and articles on swapping board with win 7 but ,they only include usb drivers, it seems implied that it should pick up storage or chipset drivers THAT or that the chipset drivers are easily found but, on AMDs site it just says make sure win 10 is up to date with no DL links for any drivers.

EDIT: found some drivers but, either the mobo swap and or sysprep borked my 7 install. think i'm going to go with a windows 9 clean install.

i just can't tell on the asus prime x570-p if adding msata SSDs drops the PCie speeds, looks like they are already dropped with or without the m.2 ssd installed.

Last edited:

luisxd

[H]Lite
And what's the point for this?, why don't they just make it a 2600s or something..

kirbyrj

[H]ard as it Gets
And what's the point for this?, why don't they just make it a 2600s or something..
Or a 2500X...

I think the point is to get rid of dies that otherwise wouldn't be useful because they don't meet the binning for 2600's. Better to sell for $85 than get nothing for them. The naming is questionable though as it is clearly a Zen+ part. At the very least, I'd imagine that you'd need a Zen+ aware bios to run it which you wouldn't with an old "AE" 1600.

Reactions: Auer
like this

luisxd

[H]Lite
Or a 2500X...

I think the point is to get rid of dies that otherwise wouldn't be useful because they don't meet the binning for 2600's. Better to sell for $85 than get nothing for them. The naming is questionable though as it is clearly a Zen+ part. At the very least, I'd imagine that you'd need a Zen+ aware bios to run it which you wouldn't with an old "AE" 1600.
2500X sounds better and doesn't makes it confusing, or at least sell those only to OEMs that would be interesting.

The way I see it is this is a great cpu for the initial build.....then maybe when the r7 3800x and up gets cheaper you go for that tier... and maybe, just maybe, you can squeeze out a 2nd upgrade down the road with one of the with Ryzen 4000 series. Pretty sweet upgrade path. Might be a good idea to go past 3200 ram though and a mobo that supports above 3200. Some of the cheapaer boards will only support up to 3200. So if you get one of those mobos then you will still have atleast 1 upgrade option in the 3000 series. But the 4000 series might support 3200 I don't know, maybe someone else knows?

crazycrave

Gawd
I picked up Bat Man for like $5 bux as I never owned the game .. 1080p everything Nvidia does not have locked out .. also can that frame cap be lifted ?

Last edited:

Jandor

Gawd
i can't find the storage controller drivers, supposedly i should be able to install them before running sysprep. i've seen videos and articles on swapping board with win 7 but ,they only include usb drivers, it seems implied that it should pick up storage or chipset drivers THAT or that the chipset drivers are easily found but, on AMDs site it just says make sure win 10 is up to date with no DL links for any drivers.

EDIT: found some drivers but, either the mobo swap and or sysprep borked my 7 install. think i'm going to go with a windows 9 clean install.

i just can't tell on the asus prime x570-p if adding msata SSDs drops the PCie speeds, looks like they are already dropped with or without the m.2 ssd installed.
Google. Look at the people running 3950X on x570. There are minor tweaks. You need to modifiy some line on the inf file to have usb3 supprt (that of x570 and Ryzen3xxx and you can put all this on your Windows 7 slipstreamed. Depending on the MB manufacturer you have tools to slipstream W7 and create an USB key or a DVD drive. All the rest works. No problem. You need to grab last tool (by date - older ones are buggy) from Asus (probably on some x470 motherboard and use x570 drivers on it)
About m.2/nvme, you lose 2 sata ports by using 1 nvme or pcie slot for ssd. If you want plenty (BDR/DVDR drive + HDD and raid), just use ssd over sata, it won't really be noticeably slower apart used on some special big server case with huge network speed.

Nightfire

[H]ard|Gawd
My 1600 AF is good for 4.0 ghz in my SFF case. It could go higher, but I do not have the thermal headroom.

Looks like they were a very limited run as I do not see them on Amazon any longer.