RyZen Pstate Overclocking, method, calculation and Calculator

i looked above as well and figured out i can't just adjust the p0 VID if it goes to high it invalidates the P0 settings. so after that i have to adjust offset voltage.
stupidly unnede complicated /halfassed solutions.
i must admit so far im kinda disapointedin the OC maturity of the platform.

i used to do p stepping over/undervoltage on core 2 duo's iwthou any issue like this. but hey at least it seems to be working now

asrock fixed the bug with a beta bios for the taichi but i'm not sure if they released it for the other boards.. i'll try looking if it's on the mirror they put the taichi one on and post back.
not all ryzen cpu's have the bug, just certain ones made within a specific time period but i'm not sure if it was ever determined where the issue started and stopped in the production cycle, my 1600 doesn't have the bug which is why i didn't bother with the beta bios.

ok here's their german site, it has all the latest bios on it for all the boards.. it lists out every one released for the boards and what was fixed. just go to the download section and find the specific one you want.. (note: don't use the latest taichi bios on there btw, it's purely meant for testing only not meant to be used as a normal bios)
http://www.jzelectronic.de/jz2/index.php

i can't read german for shit anymore and chrome wouldn't auto translate the site for me since i'm lazy.

Last edited:
I wanted to attempt this on my new build with the Asus ROG STRIX X370-I Gaming and 1700x, I couldn't find the setting sin the bios, however upon setting the Multiplier (39) and Offset Voltage (+.05), I am getting proper Drop in core voltage and Clock (2.2 @ .950 - 3.9 @ 1.4) when in the proper Power Profile. I did not try setting the FID and DID.

Now to see what I can do with my Threadripper 1950X and Gigabyte Auros Gaming 7 , it runs fine at 4Ghz, but I'd rather have P-State OC.

180410124849.jpg
180410124900.jpg
g proper P States in Windows.

Last edited:
I thought I was in luck with my Threadripper system, but it looks as though Gigabyte has the settings locked. There is only one setting available to adjust.

180412165521.jpg
180412165531.jpg

I thought I was in luck with my Threadripper system, but it looks as though Gigabyte has the settings locked. There is only one setting available to adjust.

View attachment 66509 View attachment 66510
Interesting.

Now Biostar and the later ASUS bios's seem to follow in that setting the CPU multiplier will allow automatic downclocking when not needed a.k.a PStates. In other words FID setting for PState0 is being adjusted. VID (voltage) has not been fully exposed by AMD to allow adjustments of voltage with each PState since the beginning, some motherboards allowed VID settings lower than default and it would work but nothing set higher than the default VID setting would work for any PState, usually causing PStates not to work if tried. Will be interesting to see if X470 motherboards have a fully working PState option.

Back