Ryzen Motherboards that support 3 x (SLI) cards ?

Truthfully, I am going to wait and see what the newer amd CPU offers but I have been looking for ryzen motherboards that support more than two cards, the highest I saw was 4 and it was about $500+. There doesn't seem to be one for 3 way SLI. Truthfully I care mostly about the cuda cores + monitors supported than actual SLI support.

Thanks

None do and most likely none will in the future since nvidias trying to move away from tri and quad sli. with the x399 chipset or what ever they call it you might see 4 pcie 3.0 slots but still don't expect it to support 3 or 4 card sli.

Truthfully, I am going to wait and see what the newer amd CPU offers but I have been looking for ryzen motherboards that support more than two cards, the highest I saw was 4 and it was about $500+. There doesn't seem to be one for 3 way SLI. Truthfully I care mostly about the cuda cores + monitors supported than actual SLI support.

Thanks
What exactly are you trying to do?

Yeah mostly for 3D rendering + AI / cuda experiments. I did want to do my best to support SLI if possible but I'm getting the sense that it actually might not be better in some games.

Last edited:
You will have to wait for Whitehaven (Amd's new socket and processor) to get tri and quad lane wise. As far as driver support or hardware support moving forward it is doubtful as past experience have shown that more than 2 cards do not scale well naturally.

Is SLI even useful for CUDA at all? I don't seem to see any improvements from configuring it versus just putting the cards in there.

I dont think you're going to get the kind of performance you are looking for with SLI. Maybe down the road when NVLink becomes a thing you might be able to do something like this.

Back