Ryzen Mobo Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

4330thgink

Gawd
Due to my case I'm in need of an ATX mobo that has ALL vertical SATA headers instead of having them laid down to the edge.

6+ headers. $Cheap$ is highly desirable.

It doesn't have to be pretty(will be in a 4U rack case), it doesn't have to be a great overclocker, it doesn't have to have great sound(will probably be disabled).

This will solely be for a file storage, Plex, FTP, local DNS, and other misc home server duties. While I may OC it just a little for full load needs, the majority of the time it may be underclocked.

Attachments

• MOBO.jpg
    MOBO.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 17
Will an matx board allow you to use the horizontal sata ports? There are quite a few good ones that have 4 vertical and 2 horizontal but the form factor might allow you to use all of them.

Will an matx board allow you to use the horizontal sata ports? There are quite a few good ones that have 4 vertical and 2 horizontal but the form factor might allow you to use all of them.

Unfortunately, no..

Rack mount case with a partition between mobo chamber and drive bay area.

After looking at countless mobo's, AMD and Intel, only Intel has one with vertical headers. Figuring in price differential between AMD and Intel rigs - I'd be still under budget going with a PCIe card for more SATA ports.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back