Ryzen mobile hp x360 w r 5 2500u for mixed reality?

zalazin

[H]ard|Gawd
Just ordered the HP mixed reality w controllers from Bbuy. I'm hoping the HP Ryzen Laptop can run mixed reality. It runs every game I've thrown at it. I do have a backup laptop though asus I7 with 1060 I know will run it. Ryzem machine a lot lighter to carry it does have 16gb and Nvme maybe that will help.....

I guess you can try it and let us know how it goes. 2500u is pretty darn weak. It has about 25% the power of a mobile 1060.

well according to MS specs an Intel 620 can run mixed reality, MS Mixed Reality test says cpu is ok and Vega Graphics may work but not tested...Supposed to get VR system on 3 Apr looks like there might be hope, it would be really nice.....

Well it works not any better or worse than PSVR however the MS store is really confusing not intuitive at all. Currently downloading Crystal Rift as I have that on PSVR. Debating whether to try Arizona Sunshine. That would be a real test haven't tried Steam VR yet.....Not going to buy only a title or two for now...

Ran preliminary tests Crystal Rift, Space Pirate Trainer and a few others it does play them okay, but it seems to strain a little and cooling fan is going full tilt. Now I am installing the Headset on my VR gaming laptop Asus GL502, I7 7700. 24GB ram 3GB GTX 1060, Nvme EVo 500, and 850 evo storage ssd. we shall see the difference......

Well the VR computer was like a Ferrari vs a Ford the Headset was wayyyyy better..I guess the the 1060 just had the power.you can use the AMD apu but a discrete card is so much better...

The problem is the TDP and it is configurable for those AMD mobile chips they can go up to 25W but as far as I know all of the current models (HP,Lenovo & Acer) are 15W.
And sadly that is all the Ryzen Mobile that we will encounter this year ....

The problem is the TDP and it is configurable for those AMD mobile chips they can go up to 25W but as far as I know all of the current models (HP,Lenovo & Acer) are 15W.
And sadly that is all the Ryzen Mobile that we will encounter this year ....

The HP is 25w, but only has the 2500u instead of the 2700u, which ends up at almost the same speed. No 25w 2700u laptops yet, unfortunately.

Ran preliminary tests Crystal Rift, Space Pirate Trainer and a few others it does play them okay, but it seems to strain a little and cooling fan is going full tilt. Now I am installing the Headset on my VR gaming laptop Asus GL502, I7 7700. 24GB ram 3GB GTX 1060, Nvme EVo 500, and 850 evo storage ssd. we shall see the difference......

What else did you run on it? I'm tempted by the Acer Swift 3 as I don't want to lug around an 8lb laptop...

If you told us you were going go try games like Arizona Sunshine and Space Pirate trainer on an APU I could have laughed to myself way sooner. :)

Games like that I'd suggest to people a 1070+. Of course you can get away with less if you don't superscale.

I bought a laptop cooler for mine for like $25. Has a single 200mm fan that definitely helps with the temps. I mean I like roasted nuts, but I don't like my nuts roasted...

Back