Ryzen Master?

greyboxer

Limp Gawd
Hello [H];

Looking for some advice to get started on stretching the legs of my 3700X. I have tried a few settings and tbh my best benchmarks for gaming have been with these simple settings: XMP enabled, and 1:1 DRAM freq and Fclk. Both are at 3533mhz/1767mhz. Good improvements over stock for sure.

Looking at HWinfo while I game, I notice all of my cores are hitting 4.4ghz at one point or another and peak temp under load is about 65c. Peak temp under prime95 load is about 69c. During R20, all cores are ~4.0ghz, with single core at 4350 to 4399mhz.

I am not sure how to interpret the Ryzen Master screen below, as it says both CCX 0 and 1 dies are 4400, and it favors C02 and C06. Does anyone have experience or a guide to also enable Ryzen Master, in addition to my current simple settings, in order to get higher boost clocks in 1-2 cores while gaming? Heat isnt an issue.

Best geekbench 5: 1279 single core, 9183 multi core
Best Cinebench R20: 498 single core, 4704 multi core
1591899653430.png

Last edited:
As a somewhat separate issue, even when using PBO and increasing the power limits to 999W in the bios, I notice on HWinfo that the package power draw never exceeds 90w. Is that the limit for this CPU, no matter what I tell the motherboard to do? This could explain the boosting behavior as well, considering again that temps are always under 70c despite the load. Ambients are good and my intake fans are located next to my AC vent in my office, which is kept at 68f.

Last edited:
As a somewhat separate issue, I notice on HWinfo that no matter what I change my settings to in the bios, the package power draw never exceeds 90w. Is that the limit for this CPU, no matter what I tell the motherboard to do? This could explain the boosting behavior as well, considering again that temps are always under 70c despite the load. Ambients are good and my intake fans are located next to my AC vent in my office, which is kept at 68f.

You have to enable PBO to change the power limits and set them either manually or by the motherboard VRM specs.

Oh I didnt properly clarify, Ill edit the post. The reason I am not using PBO right now is because even moving all three power watts up to 999, nothing changed.

What do you mean by the enable ryzen master? Should just be able to select a profile to modify on the left (game mod, creator more, profile 1, profile 2) and have at it.

Yes. It’s the “having at it” that I’ve never done. Can I manually overclock certain cores or CCX using master?

I’ve tried enabling game mode and it doesn’t have any effect really. Figure I need to do manual.

Last edited:
Yes. It’s the “having at it” that I’ve never done. Can I manually overclock certain cores or CCX using master?

I’ve tried enabling game mode and it doesn’t have any effect really. Figure I need to do manual.
Best to find a quick start/getting started/tutorial, probably be your best bet.

Anyone know if we're able to enable power savings features while overclocked? Otherwise I am idling at overclock speeds all day....

Anyone know if we're able to enable power savings features while overclocked? Otherwise I am idling at overclock speeds all day....

Yes, it still idles, there are just no in between clock states, it's either idle or max.

AGESA is currently "bugged" AFAIK. Settings the three PBO values about 230 will cause it to remain stock or something similar, AFAIK.

As a somewhat separate issue, even when using PBO and increasing the power limits to 999W in the bios, I notice on HWinfo that the package power draw never exceeds 90w. Is that the limit for this CPU, no matter what I tell the motherboard to do? This could explain the boosting behavior as well, considering again that temps are always under 70c despite the load. Ambients are good and my intake fans are located next to my AC vent in my office, which is kept at 68f.

Could be the limit of your power delivery system on the board.

Oh I didnt properly clarify, Ill edit the post. The reason I am not using PBO right now is because even moving all three power watts up to 999, nothing changed.

Interesting. My 3900X will hit at or above 180W with PBO enabled and the EDC set to 16A, basically the EDC bug. PPT is set to 500W and TDC to 210A as that is what the board sets to with PBO enabled and I just change it to manual and keep those values and changed the EDC value.

Ryzen Master is great for changing settings on the Fly for gamers but if you want high clocks and good performance it is time grasshopper to use the tweak bug in the BIOS.

My settings for my Ryzen with the stupid Cinebench20 run .HWInfo open whole time to see voltage from BIOS.

Single Thread-530 score
Multi Thread -5260 score
Idle temperature CPU-28°C
Max temperature CPU-71°C
Max CPU Core Voltage (SVI2 TFN) reached-1.431v
Settings in BIOS
MCLK/UCLK/FCLK Synced 1:1:1 1933Mhz ,that's DDR4 3866Mhz for those who do not know.
PBO Manual PPT= 0 actual max limit reached 90.4%
TDC=0 actual max limit reached 81.4%
EDC=1 actual max limit reached 7737.7%
Scaler 10X PBO Override 500Mhz

You ran 1.431v under a full load to all cores? I'm pretty sure you are well over max FIT voltage.

You ran 1.431v under a full load to all cores? I'm pretty sure you are well over max FIT voltage.
Stop with the fear mongering man, I trust AMD engineers more than I would trust anyone on the internet. Max Default CPU Core Voltage (SVI2 TFN) is 1.48v- 1.5v depending on BIOS

Seriously? :rolleyes:
Yeah ,oh no do not report me.It is a CPU and replaceable and has a warranty and is working below limits set by AMD engineers. Yeah I stand by what I said.

EDIt,I would bet any amount of cash that you have said weird things about Ryzen voltage in other threads.

Last edited:
Reactions: travm
like this
Stop with the fear mongering man, I trust AMD engineers more than I would trust anyone on the internet. Max Default CPU Core Voltage (SVI2 TFN) is 1.48v- 1.5v depending on BIOS

That's only for a single core, the power circuitry is not designed to push that much voltage through all cores, you'll burn it up. Load up all cores in cinebench with pbo limits set to 999 and see what the chip does, it will not push anywhere near that much voltage on all cores.

That's only for a single core, the power circuitry is not designed to push that much voltage through all cores, you'll burn it up. Load up all cores in cinebench with pbo limits set to 999 and see what the chip does, it will not push anywhere near that much voltage on all cores.
My my my, I supplied a video with all voltages with HWinfo64 on and full all core load with full single core load. There is no way anyone who watched the video came away with the conclusion that bobzdar or thesmokingman came up with. As far as I am concerned you must be American leftist democrats, making things up as you go along ,without an actual clue what was posted. I am Canadian and do not give a fuck about USA but I am going for TRUMP 2020 all the way lol,just to piss you guys/gals off.
TRUMP 2020
TRUMP 2020
TRUMP 2020
TRUMP 2020
TRUMP 2020
TRUMP 2020
TRUMP 2020
TRUMP 2020
TRUMP 2020
TRUMP 2020

Ryzen Master is great for playing around and finding a stable overclock. Then it is best to go into the BIOS and do the overclock using what you have learned. You will notice that the BIOS OC normally gives better results in benchmarks would should also mean in all other apps as well.

Ryzen Master is great for playing around and finding a stable overclock. Then it is best to go into the BIOS and do the overclock using what you have learned. You will notice that the BIOS OC normally gives better results in benchmarks would should also mean in all other apps as well.
I agree, BIOS works great

My my my, I supplied a video with all voltages with HWinfo64 on and full all core load with full single core load. There is no way anyone who watched the video came away with the conclusion that bobzdar or thesmokingman came up with. As far as I am concerned you must be American leftist democrats, making things up as you go along ,without an actual clue what was posted. I am Canadian and do not give a fuck about USA but I am going for TRUMP 2020 all the way lol,just to piss you guys/gals off.
TRUMP 2020
TRUMP 2020
TRUMP 2020
TRUMP 2020
TRUMP 2020
TRUMP 2020
TRUMP 2020
TRUMP 2020
TRUMP 2020
TRUMP 2020

You're off your rocker man. I can't see shit on that video so not even sure what it's showing. Is that 1.431 constant or it peaks there on auto during single thread? If constant, yeah it'll burn it up. That'd cause degradation on zen and zen+, let alone zen2.

Back