Ryzen Master won't install

Jamie Marsala

Limp Gawd
Has anyone had an issue where it will not install and thinks that it is already installed on their system? I have been trying ever since I built my new rig with a 2600 and now I upgraded to a 3900x and still can not get it to install. It tells me a newer version is installed or it is already installed and to uninstall it and try again. I never have got it to actually install and it does not show in Apps and it does not show in the registry. I uninstall all the MSI apps I had installed just to make sure that was not an issue. Still nothing.

ddu and install the new driver

Yes the latest AMD driver package for the B450. When I first built it and read about the Ryzen Master software I downloaded it and it would not install. I was not really doing much with the 2600 so it did not bother me. But now I would like to use it. It is even more strange that I download the latest version of it and it says I already have a newer version that I can not seem to access or uninstall and that I never got to actually install. This has all be on a fresh Windows 10 Install.

oops sorry I was thinking of the one built into radeon settings.
try this tool and then if it doesn't work search your registry for "ryzen mater" and ryzenmaster" and delte everything you find. then try installing again
https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca...hat-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed

Sadly still nothing. I download the latest version and it tells me it can not install because there is a newer version on my system. I try that Microsoft Utility and it does not list Ryzen Master as on the system to uninstall. I go through the Reg and there are no instances of RyzenMaster or Ryzen Master in it. I have tried this with both Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Education Edition, which I have on it now. Version 1903 (Build 18362.295). I could re-install the MSI utilities but they are not really as nice as what I have seen with Ryzen Master. Grrrr....

weird... try right clicking it and run as admin

Still nothing. I even found the AMD Ryzen Master file in the AMD folder and when you right click it gives you the option to Repair, Install and Uninstall. I tried all three, repair and uninstall fail because it is not installed, and Install fails because a newer version is installed. Strange because for one I have never actually got it to successfully install and how can there be a newer version installed if I am trying to install the latest version? I am at a loss.

if you dont mind starting over with drivers you could run the amd clean up tool and reinstall everything.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601

or if you want you could try the "patched" installer from here: scroll down a bit for the newer version.

I also saw a post on ltt were a user had to install asus ai suite first then ryzen master would install. so maybe put the msi stuff on then try installing it. hell, try installing asus ai even.

if you dont mind starting over with drivers you could run the amd clean up tool and reinstall everything.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601

or if you want you could try the "patched" installer from here: scroll down a bit for the newer version.

I also saw a post on ltt were a user had to install asus ai suite first then ryzen master would install. so maybe put the msi stuff on then try installing it. hell, try installing asus ai even.

Thanks. The patched installer worked. I now can use Ryzen Master.

Back