Ryzen Master on 3950X?

erek

[H]F Junkie
I can't get Ryzen Master to run, does anyone else with a 3950X have this working?

7CF5AE945BF3F5C2C4511C025C1B9A82D81E8C74.png

Re: https://www.anandtech.com/show/15137/amd-clarifies-best-cores-vs-preferred-cores

do you have the latest chipset drivers from AMD's site? they release a new one the other day. i'd check that first otherwise they may need to release an update for ryzen master.

do you have the latest chipset drivers from AMD's site? they release a new one the other day. i'd check that first otherwise they may need to release an update for ryzen master.
i managed to get Ryzen Master working after re-installing the AMD Chipset drivers

255593_upload_2019-11-27_20-59-52.png

I'm hoping that 3950x ends up requiring open loop cooling to maintain maximum performance in production workloads.

I like the idea of treating content boxes like race cars.

Reactions: erek
like this
I can't believe how cool mine runs. Using stock bios settings, I am holdings post of about 4. 25 - 4.3Ghz on all cores and my temps sit around 55 celcius. This is using a Noctua D15. I was also pleasantly surprised that I had zero issues running 4 x 16GB sticks of Micron E at their rated speeds. Just loaded up the XMP and all is good to go. Very impressed so far coming from a 3930k system. Benching about 9300 at stock settings.

like this
I can't believe how cool mine runs. Using stock bios settings, I am holdings post of about 4. 25 - 4.3Ghz on all cores and my temps sit around 55 celcius. This is using a Noctua D15. I was also pleasantly surprised that I had zero issues running 4 x 16GB sticks of Micron E at their rated speeds. Just loaded up the XMP and all is good to go. Very impressed so far coming from a 3930k system. Benching about 9300 at stock settings.

Crazy, what mobo loafer87gt ?

Crazy, what mobo loafer87gt ?

Ryzen 3950X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master motherboard, 64 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport AT ram (Micron E!), Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super video card, Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Black Edition cooler, 1TB XPG SX8200 Pro NVMe, 2TB Seagate FireCuda, Corsair RM1000X Power supply, Fractal Design Meshify S2 case, and Gigabyte PI27Q G-Sync monitor.

like this
Ryzen 3950X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master motherboard, 64 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport AT ram (Micron E!), Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super video card, Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Black Edition cooler, 1TB XPG SX8200 Pro NVMe, 2TB Seagate FireCuda, Corsair RM1000X Power supply, Fractal Design Meshify S2 case, and Gigabyte PI27Q G-Sync monitor.

is it your Mobo, or that you got a really good bin on that cpu?

is it your Mobo, or that you got a really good bin on that cpu?

I'm not sure. This is my first AMD chip since my XP1700 many moons ago so I'm not sure what the norm is. I am just really happy how everything runs out of the box with the default boosting. I think the only tweaking I am going to do is push my ram to 3600 speeds and call it good. On a side note, both my 3930k and the 3950x were running right around the same clock speed and the 3950x is about 4.25 times faster in most benchmarks I've run. Very happy so far, and zero stability issues. (knocks on wood)

I'm not sure. This is my first AMD chip since my XP1700 many moons ago so I'm not sure what the norm is. I am just really happy how everything runs out of the box with the default boosting. I think the only tweaking I am going to do is push my ram to 3600 speeds and call it good. On a side note, both my 3930k and the 3950x were running right around the same clock speed and the 3950x is about 4.25 times faster in most benchmarks I've run. Very happy so far, and zero stability issues. (knocks on wood)

with micron E it'll probably be do-able.. they're not as hard on the memory controller due to the looser sub timings compared to samsung b-die. but you'd never notice the difference in real usage.

forgot to add if you really want to look into it buildzoid did some video's talking about 2x16 and i think 4x16 micron E hitting high clock speeds on zen 2 with all the different timings he tried.

Last edited:
with micron E it'll probably be do-able.. they're not as hard on the memory controller due to the looser sub timings compared to samsung b-die. but you'd never notice the difference in real usage.

forgot to add if you really want to look into it buildzoid did some video's talking about 2x16 and i think 4x16 micron E hitting high clock speeds on zen 2 with all the different timings he tried.

Yes, that is what I've read. In my research for doing my build, I could not believe the difference that the IC makes. As I was populating all for DIM slots, I thought the Micron E would be the bets choice. Thanks for the Buildzoid info, I'll check it out this weekend and let you know how my memory OC goes.

loafer87gt did you do any bios tweaks? I’ve got a 3900x running in the same board and found that leaving cpu voltage on auto and core boost enabled (both default settings) my case fans were going nuts because idle temps were around 50C (and they are all set to key on cpu temp by default). It was like it wouldn’t clock down when idle, it just hovered around 4ghz.

switched them to “normal” voltage and disabled boost and now my idles are much lower and I’m not dealing with turbine noise. Haven’t been able to go back to check if it was one or the other (or both) but curious if you’ve seen the same thing.

I’m cooling with an h150i pro vs your D15. Love this motherboard, it is loaded up with stuff. I’ve got nearly all the slots populated right now, too, which I never thought I’d do again.

loafer87gt did you do any bios tweaks? I’ve got a 3900x running in the same board and found that leaving cpu voltage on auto and core boost enabled (both default settings) my case fans were going nuts because idle temps were around 50C (and they are all set to key on cpu temp by default). It was like it wouldn’t clock down when idle, it just hovered around 4ghz.

switched them to “normal” voltage and disabled boost and now my idles are much lower and I’m not dealing with turbine noise. Haven’t been able to go back to check if it was one or the other (or both) but curious if you’ve seen the same thing.

I’m cooling with an h150i pro vs your D15. Love this motherboard, it is loaded up with stuff. I’ve got nearly all the slots populated right now, too, which I never thought I’d do again.

I'll take some screenshots of my BIOS setting this eve. I am confident my voltage is set to auto right now, but my idle temps are in the mid 40s. When doing my build, I tried to ensure the best possible airflow for my case which should be helping my temps as well. I do have to say I am in love with how quiet this case and the D15 are. Previously on my 3930k system I had an H100i and this is noticeably quieter. I also read that under extended heavy loads, that larger air coolers like the Dark Rock Pro4 and the D15 tended to dissapate heat better than an AIP cooler.

I’m wondering if boost behavior is diff bc dh15 vs aio, diff table for cpu boost, and voltages are triggered diff for a given similar set of inputs.

Back