Ryzen 9 3900X or 3950X - $399.99 or $687.99 from Newegg on eBay

people get too fixated on the number and forget that it ultimately comes down to what's going on inside the processor.. just because you can brute force clock speeds doesn't always make it faster. just look at bulldozer even at 8Ghz+ most modern budget tier cpu's are still faster than it from both AMD and intel stock. i mean hell just take a 4Ghz P4 and put it against any modern AMD or intel chip limited to 4Ghz and the single threaded performance difference is pretty insane.

If that's the case, I wish the manufactures would come up with a better type of spec to compare one to the other. It would make it easier for those of us who don't have time to do huge amounts of reading on the subject and would rather just look at the labels and buy so we could get back to work on our actual use of the computer.

If that's the case, I wish the manufactures would come up with a better type of spec to compare one to the other. It would make it easier for those of us who don't have time to do huge amounts of reading on the subject and would rather just look at the labels and buy so we could get back to work on our actual use of the computer.
Every attempt to do that has failed. The closest you can get to a single number is price, but even that falls short a lot of the time. There are just way too many variables to consider, and one architecture or configuration will be both better at some things and worse at others than another architecture.

Also no marketing team in the world is going to say “Buy our product because it’s almost as good as our competitors’.” So you have to do your research. That goes for anything you buy

i mean they do, they're just overblown marketing graphs that make their product that might be 2% better look like 300% to the average consumer because they either don't notice the graph scale or the company purposely doesn't include it.. every company does it and it's complete cancer which is why any competent consumer should be doing their research on anything they buy be it a vehicle, computer hardware, household equipment, etc, etc.

Back