Ryzen 7700X $298.99 with Star Wars Jedi Survivor

This price collapse of last gen GPUs and current gen CPUs is nuts. Makes me feel bad for having bought stuff.

My idea with my new Zen 4 build is to upgrade to Zen 5, or Zen 6 (if it's on AM5) towards the end of AM5's support-life. Because of that, I think it doesn't make sense for me to go all out an X3D CPU right now. I'm thinking the 7700X with this sale should be very solid for a few years.

New Egg US' prices are better than the New Egg Canada's prices, but New Egg US doesn't ship to Canada. Amazon.com listings typically do, though. The 7700X Amazon.com listing adds $102 CAD in import fees, which is more than double what it should be. But the import fee FAQ says:

Import Fees Deposit Refunds​

If the actual Import Fees are less than the Import Fees Deposit collected by us on your behalf, you'll automatically be refunded the difference to the payment method you used for the order. You'll receive a notification e-mail confirming the amount of the refund. The refunds will be processed as and when we receive carrier invoices confirming the actual Import Fees. If carrier invoices are not received by 180 days from the ship date, you will automatically receive a refund for the full amount of Import Fees Deposit paid.

So, maybe the excess would be refunded. I feel iffy about it, tho. Maybe they'll ship it via a private courier that charges a lot of brokerage fees.

Star Wars Jedi Survivor delayed, but still retail value at $69.99.

This price collapse of last gen GPUs and current gen CPUs is nuts. Makes me feel bad for having bought stuff.
I don't know if I'd say there has been a price collapse of last gen GPUs, AMD prices have fallen yes, but that is what people should see as the norm for old technology when new stuff is rolling out unlike what Nvidia and their board partners are doing.

My idea with my new Zen 4 build is to upgrade to Zen 5, or Zen 6 (if it's on AM5) towards the end of AM5's support-life. Because of that, I think it doesn't make sense for me to go all out an X3D CPU right now. I'm thinking the 7700X with this sale should be very solid for a few years.

New Egg US' prices are better than the New Egg Canada's prices, but New Egg US doesn't ship to Canada. Amazon.com listings typically do, though. The 7700X Amazon.com listing adds $102 CAD in import fees, which is more than double what it should be. But the import fee FAQ says:

So, maybe the excess would be refunded. I feel iffy about it, tho. Maybe they'll ship it via a private courier that charges a lot of brokerage fees.

That’s what I did, upgraded to AM5 from 9th gen Intel. Went with the 65w 7700 until 7800X3D comes out and 4090. Should get two very solid CPU upgrades in before I have to replace everything again.

Back