Ryzen 7 5800X3D or Ryzen 9 7950X: $359.99 or $649.99 via AntOnline on eBay

It's basically OOS most places now, I guess we'll see if they restock...

just bought one via ebay for 329 for the 5800x3d. lets go

Reactions: DPI
like this
Anyone not using the code PM. Will pay 20 for it. Newegg shafted me on the code since I direct shipped to UAE to avoid US taxes and shipping time. Mofos.

Newegg also has it for 329 and with the Uncharted game bundle for free. Changed from 444 or so this morning to that nice price
Even a skeptic like me bit on that price/bundle/chase freedom 5%(PayPal). We'll see what all the fuss is about.

Last edited:
currently on a 3600. Was going to wait for it to drop even more in a year or so. Am I dumb?

currently on a 3600. Was going to wait for it to drop even more in a year or so. Am I dumb?
My thoughts on that - it kinda looks like they're clearing out stock. If you don't have an issue buying used, you could probably get it cheaper in a year.

I don't think that we are going to see any deals better than what we just had for a while. I would assume that they have fully shifted production over to Zen4 at this point. The 5800X3D should hold it's value reasonably well because it's basically the last great upgrade opportunity for people who have 3 generations worth of AM4 motherboards. Paying ~$350 for a CPU is a much easier investment than spending $1000+ on a Zen4 CPU + AM5 Motherboard + DDR5 Ram.

I have 4 different AM4 systems that I keep up with, If you want to stay in 65watt range for now, after learning how to turn my Cooler Master factory RGB cooler from 3700x to what is called Extreme Performance mode, the $199 with free Uncharted game Ryzen 7 5700x was a nice side step. it's the old FX days and what makes AM4 so tasty of a socket.

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/28691357/fs/26803164

I still plan on having this system for a couple of years. I have 6800 gpu. Don’t plan on upgrading anything else for a couple of years. So maybe $329 isn’t that bad.

I still plan on having this system for a couple of years. I have 6800 gpu. Don’t plan on upgrading anything else for a couple of years. So maybe $329 isn’t that bad.
You can also sell you ryzen 3600 to offset the cost of buying 5800x3d.
Oh boy, that performance increase from 3600 to 5800x3d, I can only dream haha (still stuck with 4350g).

Plus a motherboard, and maybe ram ram on an old card like that may be a bit on the slow side so you'll be upgrading a bit.

Plus a motherboard, and maybe ram ram on an old card like that may be a bit on the slow side so you'll be upgrading a bit.
Sorry I meant AMD RX6800. Got it only a year ago. Is it considered old already? Waiting on amd’s offering with 7xxx series

Sorry I meant AMD RX6800. Got it only a year ago. Is it considered old already? Waiting on amd’s offering with 7xxx series
oh dur, my bad, I see I even quoted a part that said 6800 gpu, my mind instantly went Intel CPU for some reason. That said, nah it's not old, it's a solid card

Boy, AMD really is trying to offload this stuff. I wonder how much longer these will be in production, or if once these are sold off at this price if it's done.

There's a halo around these 3Ds. And with the AM4 platform likely to go down as one of the most-established motherboard generations ever, I get the vibe that the 3Ds are going to hold value really well.

There's a halo around these 3Ds. And with the AM4 platform likely to go down as one of the most-established motherboard generations ever, I get the vibe that the 3Ds are going to hold value really well.
I'm banking on the 3D holding more value than current AM5 mobos and DDR5, which should tank heavily. Should tide me over for quite a while.

I'm banking on the 3D holding more value than current AM5 mobos and DDR5, which should tank heavily. Should tide me over for quite a while.
I agree. I don’t think the current non-3d cache 7 series will hold value well. Everyone is waiting for the 3d cache versions, and for gaming the 5800x3d is as good if not better anyways.

Boy, AMD really is trying to offload this stuff. I wonder how much longer these will be in production, or if once these are sold off at this price if it's done.
Well AMD definitely has a different mindset than Nvidia or Intel on these matters... new generation coming, lets crash the price to get rid of old stock instead of "well they paid for it during the pandemic why not now?"

back in stock direct for 329 at antonline.com as well (I did get the game bundle code emailed from them several days after it was delivered)

The 5800X3D at Best Buy comes in and out of stock randomly for $329. I got one last night for my secondary build.

Also, if you're a Chase card holder there is also a chance you may be eligible for 5% cash back at Best Buy until the end of the month.

Amazon got it $329 on backorder for beginning of january with the uncharted game. Seems alright if youre not in a hurry. Im upgrading a 5800x so im not in a hurry.

Back