Ryzen 7 5800X3D or Ryzen 9 7950X: $359.99 or $649.99 via AntOnline on eBay

Just bought a 5800x from him for $229. Wife would kill me if I bought another proc but I'm tempted.

Just bought a 5800x from him for $229. Wife would kill me if I bought another proc but I'm tempted.
Discount code? Or at another time.
Showing $249 for it on their site. Still a great deal though.

Oh my god- hence the thread. Come on Eshelmen, get it together!

Tempting but with a 5800x already I doubt it's worth $350+.

If you can sell the old CPU then it shouldn't be too bad. It only cost me $150 or so to upgrade from a 3900X to a 5900X because I sold the 3900X afterward.

$349.99 now
I think MSRP should drop below 13600k but maybe they just stop selling them altogether? Had this thing in my cart a half-dozen times and can't seem to pull trigger with already owning 5600X. Just getting antsy after 2 years.

I think MSRP should drop below 13600k but maybe they just stop selling them altogether? Had this thing in my cart a half-dozen times and can't seem to pull trigger with already owning 5600X. Just getting antsy after 2 years.
Meh if I had an AM4 gaming PC right now I would drop a 5800X3D into it, pretty much regardless of everything else.
Unless you're planning a brand new Zen 4 3D build to get absolute max fps.

Meh if I had an AM4 gaming PC right now I would drop a 5800X3D into it, pretty much regardless of everything else.
Unless you're planning a brand new Zen 4 3D build to get absolute max fps.
I know that's the party line but it's not 6 months ago anymore. Times change and I anticipate AMD prices will too.

Wish they had that 7950X priced at MSRP. I'd scoop one up with the coupon to upgrade my two week old 7900X.

Wish I'd known about the antonline ebay store with that 20% coupon - just had my 5800X3D delivered yesterday from antonline.com direct for 374 before tax (24 bucks is still 24 bucks!). I wonder if these truly bad ass gaming chips will keep dropping in anticipation of the 7000 series X3D chips coming out in Jan or Feb?

Wish I'd known about the antonline ebay store with that 20% coupon - just had my 5800X3D delivered yesterday from antonline.com direct for 374 before tax (24 bucks is still 24 bucks!). I wonder if these truly bad ass gaming chips will keep dropping in anticipation of the 7000 series X3D chips coming out in Jan or Feb?
You should try the Peerless Assassin 120 SE on it, did wonders on my 5600x as to let me auto overclock to 4850Mhz, I have it rolled back at 100+ Mhz now, allows me to 4750 boost in gaming, I don't use PBO, just Auto Overclock plus 200+ in Ryzen Master

You should try the Peerless Assassin 120 SE on it, did wonders on my 5600x as to let me auto overclock to 4850Mhz, I have it rolled back at 100+ Mhz now, allows me to 4750 boost in gaming, I don't use PBO, just Auto Overclock plus 200+ in Ryzen Master
Definitely... I can't believe it's still $36 on Amazon. Great cooler!

Wish they had that 7950X priced at MSRP. I'd scoop one up with the coupon to upgrade my two week old 7900X.
Ditto. Kind of messed up that they have two 7950X listed on their ebay store. One for 729.99, and the other for 812, which is the one that works with the coupon, scandalous. Ends up only really being $50 off when you factor is MSRP/Tax. Evil....What I find funnier though, is the 812 one states Amd authorized seller with a warranty, while the one for 729.99 doesn't.

I may need another one, I picked up that $199 5700x with Uncharted free and I think it's up to speed now with the 3700x cooler on it, I put the Zotac RTX 3070 AMP Holo back in from setting, nice for a drop in effect on x470 = http://www.3dmark.com/fs/28643499

Now I need that cooler lol..

I was doing some testing with the new cpu, without recorder running it does 175.2fps and the card is 100% at 240 watt like that. this is with Nvidia built in recorder for anyone interested in that cpu at that hell of price.

Last edited:
I forgot to add that I run a Phanteks PCI Express 3 Riser mount on that RTX 3070, the case is a TT Soprano from 2005-06 era, the drive rack of the case is reason for riser mount as to put the huge azz 3070 between the rack on it's side, the case is just something left from a forgotten era when we cut own big rubber side windows in!

Damn, just tried to order a 5800X3D and the code is expired. I had it in my cart last week just never pulled the trigger.

Email Antonline and ask them to honor the price and refund you the difference.

Definitely is a nice cooler - still happy as all with mine. I'm currently keeping my 5900x @ 4.2 on all cores and it keeps around 32c idle and roughly 60c in game. Can't be happier with an air cooler with those temps.

On fence... sitting on a 5900x that will all core boost to 4.6. Custom loop and stays cool. My main rig is for gaming and the 5800x3d seems like a more logical processor. I bought this setup secondhand from a [H] before the x3d released.

I put the 5900X I was using in a game server I plan to run some games on for a group of friends. Still working on the network security crap before bringing it online.

I'm not sure if the price is just going to keep dropping, or they'll stop making it and it'll become hard to find and expensive.

$339 at Amazon right now (from antonline...but 5% cashback this quarter from Discover for me).

Back