ryzen 7 5700G: How do you connect the video out ?

you2

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm a bit confused; the motherboards that are listed as compatible with the ryzen 7 5700G do not have video out connectors so how do you use the discrete gpu on the processor ?

If you want to use the integrated GPU on the G series APUs for video out, you need a motherboard with video connectors. If your motherboard doesn't have video connectors, an APU could be used if you run headless or with a discrete GPU for video out.

yeah. most am4 boards have some sort of video out.
edit:
1628192527476.png

1628192612364.png

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/motherboards-components/motherboards/tuf-gaming/tuf-gaming-b550-plus/

edit2: even my b450m board supports them and it has dvi/hdmi

Last edited:
Reactions: you2
like this
Ok Ok. I guess I missed the hdmi port when I was look at the boards that supported the G series (they list only 4 boards as being compatible). For example the x570 asrock tachi; but it seems to have an hdmi port this morning. Maybe i was still asleep when i made the post. Hum. Now to find a G series compatible board that has 12 sata ports....

Ok Ok. I guess I missed the hdmi port when I was look at the boards that supported the G series (they list only 4 boards as being compatible). For example the x570 asrock tachi; but it seems to have an hdmi port this morning. Maybe i was still asleep when i made the post. Hum. Now to find a G series compatible board that has 12 sata ports....
i dont think you will, x570 supports it but most board only have 6/8.

Now that could be a good trick. What's your use case for this? You might have better luck picking up a cheap card to add more drive connections.

The most I've seen is 8 sata ports on a board, I haven't been able to find anything with 12.

The most I've seen is 8 sata ports on a board, I haven't been able to find anything with 12.
asrock used to have a board with an integrated lsi controller; but i guess they discontinued it or didn't make one for amd processors....

Now that could be a good trick. What's your use case for this? You might have better luck picking up a cheap card to add more drive connections.
I have a zfs raid of 4+2 and another which is mirror 1+1; then the boot disk so that is 9 disk off the bat. Currently I use an lsi controller in it mode (not raid); but the connectors are messy and have to be reseated every now and then.

Back