Ryzen 7 2700X $264.99 on Amazon

Newegg is $269.99 but tax is included; the Amazon deal doesn't include tax in the subtotal $265 price, so it comes out to $285ish.

Newegg is $269.99 but tax is included; the Amazon deal doesn't include tax in the subtotal $265 price, so it comes out to $285ish.
Not in my state - Newegg charges tax on top of the subtotal.

I already have a 2700X//X470 based system but I'm thinking of replacing my daily driver R5 1600X with one of these...That mobo is based on the X370 though so I dunno if it'd be worth it...

Tax is not included in the Newegg price...unless you live in Alaska, Delaware, Montana, Oregon, or New Hampshire maybe..

For those with a nearby Microcenter- in store, $249.99 and another $30 off of a compatible motherboard if bought together.

I already have a 2700X//X470 based system but I'm thinking of replacing my daily driver R5 1600X with one of these...That mobo is based on the X370 though so I dunno if it'd be worth it...

as long as it has the bios to support it the x370 will perform just as well as the 470 unless you want store mi.

Just bought 2x 2700X's on clearance at Microcenter for $183 and $199 respectively; typically can be found for $230 to $250 new from Microcenter but stock is almost always depleted. Both look to be barely used returns, we'll see how they work out!

I am trying my hardest to NOT pull the trigger on this one. I have the 1700 already (OC'ed to a modest 3.75Ghz) and my system is fine right now. I just have to keep telling myself, "Zen 2... Zen 2... Hold off a little more..." Who am I kidding??? I'll probably convince the wife to let me pull the trigger tonight.. :)

I'm looking for a $200ish Ryzen w/ mobo combo deal for my son's budget rig if anyone has seen any. I should have jumped on that 2600 for $135 (think that was the deal) last week but wasn't sure what we were getting him for Christmas at the time.. is there anything similar going on right now? I thought I saw a $150 combo deal last week as well. If anyone can point me to any other live mobo/RAM deals as well, I'd be super grateful.

For those with a nearby Microcenter- in store, $249.99 and another $30 off of a compatible motherboard if bought together.

Yeah, I saw that too.. I would be buying the 2600 for $150 and use that coupon towards a mobo for it as well. But the nearest MC is like 6 hours away from me :(.

Microcenter near me, costs gas to drive there, they charge $275 when you add in the tax, making the Newegg deal more convenient and less money at $270.

Sitting on my 2700k, I'm waiting for Zen2 since I don't upgrade very often. I know I'll kick myself next Spring if I go all in now.

This MSI B450 mobo seem like a good deal to anyone? Think I'm about to bite on it and the $160 R5 2600 for my son's Christmas build. I ordered a RX570 8GB for $165 ($135 after MIR) last night as well.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
This MSI B450 mobo seem like a good deal to anyone? Think I'm about to bite on it and the $160 R5 2600 for my son's Christmas build. I ordered a RX570 8GB for $165 ($135 after MIR) last night as well.
No experiences with MSI boards, but I have used the ASUS products in the past. If you could muster up the additional $$ (about $30 additional), I'd get the ASUS TUF or ASUS Prime B450 mobos.

No experiences with MSI boards, but I have used the ASUS products in the past. If you could muster up the additional $$ (about $30 additional), I'd get the ASUS TUF or ASUS Prime B450 mobos.

If it was for me, I would probably do that since I've had good experience with Asus boards, but this is a budget rig for my son so I don't plan on doing anything special with this as far as overclocking or putting in a lot of extra hardware. I've heard mostly positive things about MSI's RMA process and this has a 3 year warranty. As long as it works, that's all that matters to us, and that seems like the cheapest B450 board with decent reviews that I've seen so far. But I haven't been looking for long yet, so wanted to ask about it at least.

If it was for me, I would probably do that since I've had good experience with Asus boards, but this is a budget rig for my son so I don't plan on doing anything special with this as far as overclocking or putting in a lot of extra hardware. I've heard mostly positive things about MSI's RMA process and this has a 3 year warranty. As long as it works, that's all that matters to us, and that seems like the cheapest B450 board with decent reviews that I've seen so far. But I haven't been looking for long yet, so wanted to ask about it at least.
Best of luck with the build! Let us know how it pans out.

Reactions: T4rd
like this

out of the b450's MSI has the better mosfets/vrm's at least on the mortar, tomahawk.. but i'd assume the others would be pretty similar just with smaller heatsinks. as long as the case has good cooling i think it should be just fine with the 2600.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
I am trying my hardest to NOT pull the trigger on this one. I have the 1700 already (OC'ed to a modest 3.75Ghz) and my system is fine right now. I just have to keep telling myself, "Zen 2... Zen 2... Hold off a little more..." Who am I kidding??? I'll probably convince the wife to let me pull the trigger tonight.. :)

The 2700X will undoubtedly be better than 3.75. You'd likely get to at least 4.0 depending on platform (I am stuck at 4.0 on my X370/2700)

out of the b450's MSI has the better mosfets/vrm's at least on the mortar, tomahawk.. but i'd assume the others would be pretty similar just with smaller heatsinks. as long as the case has good cooling i think it should be just fine with the 2600.

Thanks a lot for the input. I got him this Corsair Carbide Spec-02 cast last night that only comes with 1x 120mm fan, but I have a couple more to put in it already, so I hope that will be sufficient cooling.

Let me know what ya want for the 1700

I came so close to grabbing this deal to replace a secondary I5-2500K PC but I'm holding off for Zen2. The only thing that stopped me last night though was the motherboard choice because the recommended ones were out of stock due to the Black Friday sales.

My (launch) 1700 is running at 3.85 stable and cool and I know I need to wait till Zen 2. It's only what? 10 months away?
Likely going to get an X570 (or whatever) motherboard as well, PCI-E 4.0 should hopefully hold me over for quite a while....At least, that's what i'm telling myself.

My (launch) 1700 is running at 3.85 stable and cool and I know I need to wait till Zen 2. It's only what? 10 months away?
Likely going to get an X570 (or whatever) motherboard as well, PCI-E 4.0 should hopefully hold me over for quite a while....At least, that's what i'm telling myself.

You are not going to see PCI-E 4.0 on consumer boards before Q1-2 2020. Zen 2 will be PCI-E 3.0 (but AMD *could* make it work if they wanted to with a future x5xx board but I honestly would not want to deal with any extra cost). If the rumors are true about Ryzen 3 SKUs getting ~10% gains over current top end Intel 9xx SKUs then they are going to have a price tag to go with them. If they are 10% faster then a 9900K (and are a 8c/10t part as well) they I would imagine AMD is going to come in @ $475, possibly $450. 7nm is not cheap, despite the fact yields should be pretty decent since the dies are pretty small.

I'm seeing conflicting reports on if both 7nm GPUs and CPUs are getting PCI-E 4 next year or just the GPUs (which has been confirmed). Guess we'll have to wait for an official comment or leak.
I'm fine with a price increase as long as t he performance increase is worth it. It'll likely always be cheaper than intel's offering for multi-thread performance, which is what I'm looking for.

Back