Ryzen 5950x memory, with the rumor of DDR4-4000 being the sweet spot.

Sway

Limp Gawd
With the rumor of Zen 3 having a sweet spot of DDR4-4000 Memory, I have been on the hunt for what looks to be a good kit of ram for my build that I am going to be soon.

I have a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master mobo, looking to put a Zen 3 5950x on this board.
I have purchased this memory kit:
GSkill Link
NewEgg Link

This appears to be B-die according to this link B-Die Finder.

The one thing that concerns me is that in the Newegg and GSkill site for this kit shows its optimized for Intel builds, Is this going to cause an issue in a Zen 3 system?

I've got a Gigabyte X570 Aorus extreme that should be here tomorrow and I'm trying to figure out what kind of ram to use as well with hopefully a 5950X. It's hard to find some of the kits listed on the qualified list for sale anywhere. It's looking like the 5000 may be the same 3000 as they have the same IO chip. I'm hoping to run 64 or 128 GB at 4000 MHz. AMD is listing 4,000 megahertz as the sweet spot but there's already some benchmarks online that say the 5000 series is still stuck at 1900MHz on the internal RAM controller or whatever it's called. So what's the point of AMD saying 4,000 megahertz is the sweet spot. If you can't run it that fast?

Back