Ryzen 5000 series inconsistent L3 in Win 11

trick0502

Supreme [H]ardness
anyone else notice this? i just installed win 10 to do some testing and i am seeing some weird stuff.

win 10
cachemem.png

win 11
cachemem11.png

Yeah just took the plunge for the direct storage API eventually instead of the scraps they giving 10 I got the latest chipset drivers and the latest updates for win 11 uhg feels like they slapped lipstick on a pig.

Yeah just took the plunge for the direct storage API eventually instead of the scraps they giving 10 I got the latest chipset drivers and the latest updates for win 11 uhg feels like they slapped lipstick on a pig.

Apologies if you've already done this, but there was a firmware component to the fix in the AGESA as I recall... so make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your mainboard as well.

Apologies if you've already done this, but there was a firmware component to the fix in the AGESA as I recall... so make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your mainboard as well.
Amd said they released a chipset driver that fix this. It did make it better, but it isn’t fixed. This was brought up in todays hardware unboxed video. About the 1 minute mark.

directStorage is on win10 also. whenever they get around to actually using it.

The most current version of Aida is 6.70, it seems pretty consistent. My L3 is up in the 1000GB/s range in 11, versus about half or less with earlier versions.

Back