Ryzen 5 launching "soon"

That's a bummer. While the Ryzen R7 stuff is nice, I don't need the high end stuff. So the lower end ones, possibly even APU, is what I'd get.

Officially planed for H2, but there was a rumor of APUs delayed to 2018. Never heard it again however.

NO Juan specifically planned for 3rd quarter. You like to frame things to make them as bad as possible for AMD. Keep up the good work. This isn"t Toms where you have the
run of the place. People get tired of your manipulative games.

If the 1500 truly is what has been leaked as the 1600X, I'm looking forward to seeing 7600K single threaded performance with far exceeding multi-threaded performance for $229. The 3.5ghz CPU-z shot is telling considering they recently changed the 1600X to top out at 4ghz.

It's all about the OC results. What if Ryzen is within 10% IPC and clocks well? I'd take 6/12 over 4 any day of the week.

NO Juan specifically planned for 3rd quarter. You like to frame things to make them as bad as possible for AMD. Keep up the good work. This isn"t Toms where you have the

Was wondering why there were no posts of him on semiaccurate any more but now I see he has landed here. Juanrga posts so much misinformation on the other websites it is not funny.

I actually cancelled my 1700x preorder and decided to wait for the 1600x a few days ago when I read the news about Q2 R5.

I haven't been bleeding edge ever since I hit my mid 30's, I've been running 3770k now for 3 year. I don't need something that competes with a 6970k. Just a decent upgrade from myt 3770k. I'd rather save myself a hundred bucks. Also, I am having trouble finding a motherboard that fits all my needs, hopefully there will be more out there by the time the 1600x launches.

Blocked as soon as he got here. One of the reasons I liked coming here and reading is that he wasn't derailing every thread with weird logic outtakes. But even blocking him you still see the effort to set the logic into a straight line within the threads.

AMD knows their bread is buttered in APU's. Basically this whole roll out seems to follow an Nvidia play book launch. Nail the high end and get the OC'ers publishing runs and making some excitement, get the word out. Fill in the mid range and then target your mobile product launch. The bottom end will come when it does.

People who frequent enthusiast forums tend to be willing to tell, when asked, what they think of a given solution. While enthusiast spending represents only a small portion of potential income, the verbiage generated has a disproportionate impact on positive or negative mainstream thinking. Enthusiasts bat above their individual economic weight and it can cost a company a lot of money to counterweight those opinions often requiring the use of illegal business tactics or freezing out enthusiast press sites they can't manipulate.

Officially planed for H2, but there was a rumor of APUs delayed to 2018. Never heard it again however.

Sure hope not. Though I'm not considering an APU at this moment in time, if they do perform pretty well I'd like to see them this year.

I too am more interested in either the R5's or the R3's. That six-core model is looking tempting.

I actually cancelled my 1700x preorder and decided to wait for the 1600x a few days ago when I read the news about Q2 R5.

I haven't been bleeding edge ever since I hit my mid 30's, I've been running 3770k now for 3 year. I don't need something that competes with a 6970k. Just a decent upgrade from myt 3770k. I'd rather save myself a hundred bucks. Also, I am having trouble finding a motherboard that fits all my needs, hopefully there will be more out there by the time the 1600x launches.

I want to see what the real reviews are going to show and if the shortfalls of the motherboards are true, I would like to stick with a 1500/1600X and a B350 mobo this revision.

Sure hope not. Though I'm not considering an APU at this moment in time, if they do perform pretty well I'd like to see them this year.

I too am more interested in either the R5's or the R3's. That six-core model is looking tempting.

As stated above the rumor of delay to 2018 was only heard once. It could be a false rumor.

Back