Ryzen 5 5600X

JCNiest5

2[H]4U
Just realized this CPU is now at $349.99! Up from $299.99! What the heck is going on? Scalping! Nah, it's still at MSRP. Oh well, not the one I would jump on anyway. I'm into the 5950X, which is OOS forever!

BOOO!!!!!

did amd raise or MC? i havent heard anything from amd. maybe MC is capitalizing on the shortages.

is this an official, from amd, mrsp increase or is it MC increasing it? i have not seen anything official from amd. clearer?

It is still shown on AMD website as $299.
I got mine two weeks ago from Digital River (AMD Direct) at that price ($319.18 taxes included).

just because MC increased their price does not mean that AMD increased the msrp, especially if its still listed at $299 on their site. i cant tell, as i get CAN prices....

Currently AMD is even out of stock on the 5600X! What's going on?
1618163584723.png

Just realized this CPU is now at $349.99! Up from $299.99! What the heck is going on? Scalping! Nah, it's still at MSRP. Oh well, not the one I would jump on anyway. I'm into the 5950X, which is OOS forever!

BOOO!!!!!

Nope, it is not MSRP but Microcenter pricing, it is what it is.

It's insane! MC keeps raising the price of this CPU! Now, it's up to $369.99!!! Every few days they up it by $20. I'm wondering why they are doing that.

I have been seeing that as well. It was the same price as a 3700X, but then bam. My MC has 25+ 5600X's in stock so I don't quite get the hike as well.

It's insane! MC keeps raising the price of this CPU! Now, it's up to $369.99!!! Every few days they up it by $20. I'm wondering why they are doing that.

What is even worse is this: I5-11400 for $180 From what I understand, it is not all that much slower than the 5600X so for that cost, on a budget, the Intel is the obvious solution.

Relax. Too many Intel CPUs sitting on the shelf at Microcenter. Just an easy way to get people to buy those instead for a while. Double bonus bucks if people overpay for the 5600X anyway! ;)

they know that no one else has them
What is even worse is this: I5-11400 for $180 From what I understand, it is not all that much slower than the 5600X so for that cost, on a budget, the Intel is the obvious solution.
11400 gives a 10600k a run for its money.

its a great value, But cannot match 11600k and definitely not a 5600x. *A big key on that, are the minimum frames.

Last edited:
they know that no one else has them

11400 gives a 10600k a run for its money.

its a great value, But cannot match 11600k and definitely not a 5600x. *A big key on that, are the minimum frames.

Yes, they cannot match them but, for $184, that is a huge price difference that cannot be ignored. Honestly though, the 5900X and 5950X seem quite popular for those who are in that price range.

For what it's worth, the Denver Microcenter has had crazy pricing stickers on their CPU's for a while. They're usually a few hundred bucks higher than you actually pay. I think they're playing games with how much you can "save" off of the sticker price.

Now the 5600X is back down to $289.99 in the Washington, DC area

Yes, it's also down to $289.99 here.

$290 make a lot me sense than $370. :) I am not ready to upgrade yet, since I upgraded my 3 machines to Zen 2 last year. The 11400 is still a good choice, even for an all in AMD fan.

Back