Ryzen 5 3600 $155 @ MC + $20 off motherboad = $135. In-store only

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it's good thing that there aren't any Microcenter around my area. Otherwise... I'd have extra parts...

Stop making me look at these great deals. My 4790k says were just fine but I feel our relationship is falling apart.
Bro I feel the pain. Trying to hold out till the end of the year with my 4690k / GTX 970, but it gets harder and harder by the day hahaha.

Those are finally starting to show their age.

I don't think they're that bad. I'm doing like 155 fps with BF5 @ 1440p low. This is with a 4.2ghz oc and 5700 flashed to XT.

I was shocked. I thought I needed to upgrade after I got the 5700. Just hope I can more juice out of this CPU .

I don't think they're that bad. I'm doing like 155 fps with BF5 @ 1440p low. This is with a 4.2ghz oc and 5700 flashed to XT.

I was shocked. I thought I needed to upgrade after I got the 5700. Just hope I can more juice out of this CPU .

Low? Gross.

On a slightly more serious note, that chip should do better than that with decent cooling.

Just put the system in sig together and as soon as ITX boards are available, I'm in for one of these as an ahem "extra PC at work" ;)

Low? Gross.

On a slightly more serious note, that chip should do better than that with decent cooling.

lol,

it doesn't look that bad low. I like it a lot.

I have the high-end noctua (NH-du14?) on it. The temps are great, but I couldn't push it past 4.2 without adjusting the voltage

Last edited:
I picked up a 3600XT and a B450 ROG motherboard for my wife's rig last weekend. With 16GB memory and 1TB nvme drive we were out the door for 480.

They really need a Microcenter in the bay area, they would make bank $$$.

With deals like this I wonder how MC stays in business. "Looks at the $10k worth of stuff brought from MC the last year". Nope don't understand how they do it.

I'd imagine property would be too expensive to have deals like this...
That's precisely why they don't have one anymore, they used to. Then the landlord upped the rent too much and they just said fuck it. Now there's like some lame tiny Walmart store there. Sucks too because Fry's left too, but for other reasons... like them going belly up. So yeah, order everything online, and just miss out on sweet deals like this.

sfsuphysics didn't know they used to have one in bay area.

Also Fry's is toast, last time I was there, it was a ghost town and most of the shelves were empty. Won't be long before Fry's goes away.

christ thats cheap. maybe its finally time to replace my dual socket gen 1 core xeon server (dual x5650 6 core 12 thread)
also worth noting that you can pair this with many b450 boards, a lot of them come updated to the latest bios with support for ryzen 3000 chips, so you can get cheaper boards than that

I got lucky and snagged an open box one from Amazon for $120 two days ago. This is a great deal and makes me miss having a local microcenter

Ryzen 3600 was Out of Stock last night, then In Stock this morning quality 10+, Now it's OOS. WIll it return in stock and have a limit everyday?

Looks like this deal is dead. I'm seeing it at $170 again. Closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back