Ryzen 4000 series release date?

mazeroth

Limp Gawd
I haven't heard much lately about the release of the 4000 series processors (would like to get a 4600). I remember reading about an early 2020 release, but that was a few months ago. Has there been any updates as to when they speculate AMD is going to release the next batch? I'm itching to upgrade my old family room gaming PC (2500K), but if I only need to wait another month or two for the 4000 series I can do that. If they aren't going to be released until summer etc. I'll just pick up a 3600 now.

Thanks!

I would say likely Q4 or Q3.

The 4XXX APUs based on the current desktop Zen2 cores should be Q1 or Q2. Remember APUs are a generation behind the naming.

my guess is October/November to get them out before christmas unless the performance gains are much higher than predicted then it's possible August/September. but we'll see.. zen 2 is good enough that i have no issues waiting til zen 3 releases how ever long that ends up being.

honestly i'd say pick up the 3600, if you arent running 240hz the price is stupid hard to beat for what you get.

Then zen 5 will make zen 4 obsolete 2 months later then zen 6 will make zen 5 obsolete 15 days later.

Zen 7 will.launch at the same time as zen 8,9, and 10.

Zen 11 will use a time machine to launch before zen 10 launched.

Its getting rediculous at the speed of obsolescence.

At some point TSMC will hit a wall.
Sounds more like wishful thinking than anything based on fact. If TSMC does "hit a wall" - it will be the same fabrication "wall" limit that ALL semiconductor producers run into.

Sounds more like wishful thinking than anything based on fact.

No its very much based on fact and certainly not a wish. There is minimum size of a transistor where we can go no smaller.

No its very much based on fact. There is minimum size of a transistor where we can go no smaller.
I understand, but there are other means to improve semiconductors such as stacking, photonic chip (PIC) and chiplet that have mitigated the size of the node factor. Once we get to the one atom transistor size, yes as far as nodes - we are done. That doesn't mean we are out of tricks. So does that mean we hit a wall at a one atom sized transistor? Probably not.

Last edited:
No its very much based on fact and certainly not a wish. There is minimum size of a transistor where we can go no smaller.

That's when you get into quantum state materials that can be smaller than a transistor but still serve the function of a transistor. If a single cell can be Negative and Positive and you can control that you can keep going smaller.

Look up carbon nano tubes for a leap in that a few years ago.

That's when you get into quantum state materials that can be smaller than a transistor but still serve the function of a transistor. If a single cell can be Negative and Positive and you can control that you can keep going smaller.

Look up carbon nano tubes for a leap in that a few years ago.

Carbon nano tubes are planetary sized compared to a doped silicon transistor.

Carbon nano tubes are planetary sized compared to a doped silicon transistor.

My point was that a molecular unit or sub molecular unit can contain polarity and be quickly and reliably switched. I know it's been advanced beyond that today.

Back