Ryzen 3950X, 3960X, 3970X Availability

Lol.

I would have just left the LED dead.

I never look inside my case except for when I'm building it :p

I already unplugged the SATA connection for it. Had planned to replace it but it seems XSPC has ghosted me so....I guess I have to update my review

Either I RMA the whole unit through Amazon or leave it without the LED

Either way, I still need to drain the system and dismantle half of it to remove all the fan grills to replace them with the ones I printed...

Micro Center in Fairfax, VA has 10+ of the 3950x. Picked one up, even tho I don't really need. T_T

I'm already putting money aside for a 3970X...LOL...

Guess what I'm doing this weekend...

IMAG0860.jpg

Yeah that's a good suggestion... you want to keep the cold winter air from getting in the rad. Oh... wait. ;-)

No, you just want as much of the air as possible from the fans to go through the fan, not escape through the cracks between.

It's probably makes only a very tiny difference, but sometimes you want to make sure :p

No, you just want as much of the air as possible from the fans to go through the fan, not escape through the cracks between.

It's probably makes only a very tiny difference, but sometimes you want to make sure :p

This is the only computer I've built that I like having "on" the desk rather than "under" or beside it, so the aesthetics have to be something that pleases me...

These corsair fans have those triangular notches in the frames which lower the static pressure they're actually capable of. Those covers block the holes so the fan moves a bit more air. maybe it's only a little bit but that's not really the reason I made them...I mainly made them because I really don't like the way the sides of the fans look. The covers give them a smoother look.

This is the only computer I've built that I like having "on" the desk rather than "under" or beside it, so the aesthetics have to be something that pleases me...

These corsair fans have those triangular notches in the frames which lower the static pressure they're actually capable of. Those covers block the holes so the fan moves a bit more air. maybe it's only a little bit but that's not really the reason I made them...I mainly made them because I really don't like the way the sides of the fans look. The covers give them a smoother look.

Ah, I see.

Personally I could not imagine having a computer on my desk, taking up valuable desk real estate and moving ng the noisy fans closer to my ears.

Sound drops of with the square of the distance, so there is great benefit to having it as far away from my ears as possible :p

Ah, I see.

Personally I could not imagine having a computer on my desk, taking up valuable desk real estate and moving ng the noisy fans closer to my ears.

Sound drops of with the square of the distance, so there is great benefit to having it as far away from my ears as possible :p

This thing is quiet. Like, REALLY quiet. Enough so that I turn the RGB off and nap in my computer chair less than 18 inches away from it.

Haha my deltas are either quiet or screaming... the air flow is retarded high lol! Rarely does my 2080ti go above 40c full load

And they dont have a corsair notch in them. I took the fan grills off because they were ugly. Just dont put your hand in the case because it might suck the flesh off leaving a skeleton hand from vacuum alone.

Yeah deltas can be extremely loud. Back in the days when the black label deltas came out, I decided to go with a 60x38 8k rpm version for my heatsink. Needless to say this was a poor choice, as sitting at my computer for more than 10 mins game me a massive headache from all the noise that fan was putting out. After 4 days of that, fan got switched back, and said delta went into the spares drawer never to see use again.

Yeah deltas can be extremely loud. Back in the days when the black label deltas came out, I decided to go with a 60x38 8k rpm version for my heatsink. Needless to say this was a poor choice, as sitting at my computer for more than 10 mins game me a massive headache from all the noise that fan was putting out. After 4 days of that, fan got switched back, and said delta went into the spares drawer never to see use again.

I got pwm 120x38mm and they are silent at 700rpm and move more air than Corsair HD120s at the corsairs max rpm. But when I crank these to around 1300rpm they can float a sheet of paper on the other side of my rad and are still very quiet. At 3700.max rpm they sound like a Google AI rack in a datacenter. The wind from under my case (downfacing quad radiator) is so strong I can feel it 6 feet away. I dont run them that hard. I float them around 700 to 1300rpm via pwm using Corsair Commander Pro pwm to a roswell sata powere fan hub for high current.

One super reason I love delta is thier no bullshit approach. They dont advertise stupid shit like batwing blades, Jupiter gravity bearings, maglev killer fps shrouds, GamerzExtreme RGB tuned airfoil blades, or any of that b rated dumb shit. Thier fans will last for decades 24/7 operation due to soild proven ball bearings and permanent lubrication. I think these are the afb1212she models or something like that. I paid 20 each from a website for these.

Last edited:
Micro Center drops the price of the 3950x by $10. Not a big amount but still $10 is $10.

Last edited:
I got pwm 120x38mm and they are silent at 700rpm and move more air than Corsair HD120s at the corsairs max rpm. But when I crank these to around 1300rpm they can float a sheet of paper on the other side of my rad and are still very quiet. At 3700.max rpm they sound like a Google AI rack in a datacenter. The wind from under my case (downfacing quad radiator) is so strong I can feel it 6 feet away. I dont run them that hard. I float them around 700 to 1300rpm via pwm using Corsair Commander Pro pwm to a roswell sata powere fan hub for high current.

One super reason I love delta is thier no bullshit approach. They dont advertise stupid shit like batwing blades, Jupiter gravity bearings, maglev killer fps shrouds, GamerzExtreme RGB tuned airfoil blades, or any of that b rated dumb shit. Thier fans will last for decades 24/7 operation due to soild proven ball bearings and permanent lubrication. I think these are the afb1212she models or something like that. I paid 20 each from a website for these.

Is this the fan you speak so highly of?
https://www.amazon.com/Delta-AFB121...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00FMHIS8M

and do you use a hub like this for power?
https://www.frozencpu.com/products/...-_SATA_Power_8W-PWM-SPL-ST.html?tl=g47c17s424

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

Yeah went looking for the fan I bought back then

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/del60ffb0612.html

Only 55 Db....

And the terrible heatsink I used it on

http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=699

Still use that as a paperweight, since it was the worst HS I ever bought. It worked okayish on my P3 1Ghz, but my 1.4 athlon overheated on the desktop even with that 8k delta on it.

Replaced it with an Alpha PAL 8045 with another delta ear destroyer

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/del80ffb08123.html

It did keep it amazingly cool though. Amazing I still have my hearing though...I ran that setup for years with that fan. At least we now have big tower coolers with quiet fans.

My first gaming PC had 3 12v 120mm 38mm that required like 2amps to start. I had to manually crank them and attach the molex connectors manually as they came with bare wire. They were loud! No way to slow them down. I've got a pwm version now but afraid to use it lol. Cut my fingers a good number of times in the dark with those things.

I really need them to build a Micro Center in this state. Or maybe it's better that they don't...cuz I'm sure I'd have picked up several deals over the past year - LoL!

Reactions: noko
like this
There are none in Arizona. On the plus side, there weren't any in Indiana when I lived there so at least I didn't lose by moving to Arizona.

I lived in Las Vegas...so there wasn't at the time...8 years ago or so...might move back there later.....at least they finally had a Fry's Electronics...but not sure what the future holds for Fry's...all these videos of empty stores.

No, you lost... We're the last to get anything.

I live in Yuma which is close to the California and Mexico borders; also equidistant between Phoenix and San Diego. And if those weren't positives enough, the carry laws are a pretty nice perk as well.

Damn You Microcenter! - They have the 3950x for $729. and the 3970x for $1899.....might be a road trip weekend - LoL.

Oh and there is also this - Save $100 when bundled with a compatible eligible motherboard for the 3970x..

Last edited:
Dang just when I decided I would stick it out for the 4xxx series, they drop the price on the 3950x! Want but don't need.

/shakefist

Going from 4x16gb to 8x16gb has reduced my RAM overclock from 3733 CL16 to 3200 CL18 so far on my TRX40. I haven't done much testing yet, but I'll look into boosting some voltages that I didn't previously touch to see if I can recover any of this frequency loss. I don't think any non-ECC dual rank 4x32gb kits exist either, so going that route wouldn't help. It's not the worst thing, as I do need the RAM... (this is with 128GB now working with 8K VR video).

cpu_usage.PNG

The 3990X is in stock at Amazon as well. This CPU will probably still be relevant in 10 years for multi-threaded tasks.

You will be lucky to see 2 of these sell a month at the local Microcenter. These are in a league of their own, i.e. professional usage. I mean there is no practical usage scenario for a home user unless they are making money @ home using these things.

I must find a way to justify this purchase.....hmmm......cpu bit mining? start a video rendering service? open a virtual desktop cafe? ....

Per Anandtech's review, lots of applications on Windows 10 Home/Pro will not scale properly with more than 64 threads because of how Windows creates thread groups, each with a max of 64 threads. So unless your app is thread group aware, it may not see benefit from SMT and actually run slower. So for anyone that decides to get the 3990x, make sure you've got a compatible OS (Windows 10 for Workstations, Linux, etc) to use that many threads.

Last edited:
The 3990X is in stock at Amazon as well. This CPU will probably still be relevant in 10 years for multi-threaded tasks.

I still use a 12c/24t 2010 Mac Pro for video production. With one of these 64 core monsters I could use it until retirement age. :oldman:

Back