Ryzen 3950X, 3960X, 3970X Availability

Got my 3950x setup today! Finally arrived yesterday (think I ordered on the 25th, in the UK). I didn't really expect to see much difference in general usage in windows and chrome (snappy is an understatement). I'm actually looking forward to using it for work.

This is without reinstalling windows and using the same 2400mhz memory from before (I know!, but it is CAS 14). The Nortua D14 is cooling it rather well. The power meter (from the wall) shows that it isn't throttling, so it will be fun to see how far it will go.

Just a couple of issues: my GPU is touching my PCH heatsink. Literally zero space between them (XFX 5700xt Thicc 2 & Asus Prime x570-P), I had to push the motherboard from the other side to get the GPU to lock in place. Now the PCH fan is constantly running at >2300rpm (even in the bios). This is annoying as the rest of the fans idle at 700rpm, but luckily I brought some Sony wh-1000xm3's from black Friday, so it's a non-issue (for now). The GPU isn't suffocating the chipset and it isn't that hot so that doesn't make sense...

but I must say... Task Manager looks amazing, worth every penny!!
upload_2019-12-16_0-24-48.png

I just picked up a samsung 970 evo plus to throw into it as a boot drive to see if those two slots were working and thankfully its all working just fine. :) I have a sabrent 1tb pcie 4 in my 3950x system I put together with the cpu you got for me.. seems to work good, hardforum loads quick anyway hehe.
I have a 960 evo myself, while I knew a 6700k was a bottleneck with such drive, I didn't realise it was such a bottleneck! Now it can easily hit 100% utilisation, when that would be rare before, if ever.

ShopBLT has mystery stock in again if anyone wants to roll the dice. My CPU from them is on a truck in Wyoming ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/sho...11003000501_B6YZ293P.shtml&order_id=524430202
I ordered from there as well last Thursday, and my 3960X has made its way from Memphis to my local UPS... hoping it's out for delivery tomorrow but still showing Tuesday in the tracker. I'm thinking UPS is overloaded with Christmas orders jamming their system and it might have been wiser in retrospect to pay the extra for overnight. So maddening pinging that tracker every few hours to see if it moved any. Good luck with yours!

Reactions: mikeo
like this
I ordered from there as well last Thursday, and my 3960X has made its way from Memphis to my local UPS... hoping it's out for delivery tomorrow but still showing Tuesday in the tracker. I'm thinking UPS is overloaded with Christmas orders jamming their system and it might have been wiser in retrospect to pay the extra for overnight. So maddening pinging that tracker every few hours to see if it moved any. Good luck with yours!

Mine is about 200 miles away as of 3 hours ago, so it could plausibly get to the destination facility before morning and get out for delivery. Still also scheduled for delivery Tuesday. My mobo from them on the other hand has been sitting outside Chicago since I ordered it (but says it left the facility). I'm hoping it's either on a truck heading straight here that isn't checking in, or hopping on a plane tomorrow because I go out of town Wednesday...

I was supposed get my 3960x today but it looks like it is delayed in USPS tracking. :/

Either way, couldn't start my build today for two reasons, one I pulled a stupid and forgot that I was out of thermal paster (ordered some more Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut) and two, I really need to clean up my work bench from the ghosts of projects past.

Well in only 5 minutes I've solved 99% of my "fitment" problems with my dual loops and "too tall" video card so the system should go together easily with minimal modding once Wednesday rolls around.

I ordered an O11 Dynamic XL, lol.

I'll still use the little O11, but it'll be for re-casing my current system. (2nd one in my sig) I'm going to upgrade the 2700X to a 3900X and do a custom loop (versus the AIO it uses now)
I was supposed get my 3960x today but it looks like it is delayed in USPS tracking. :/

Either way, couldn't start my build today for two reasons, one I pulled a stupid and forgot that I was out of thermal paster (ordered some more Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut) and two, I really need to clean up my work bench from the ghosts of projects past.[/QUOTE]

Place the largest empty Amazon box you have in front of the bench, sweep all the trash you don't need off the bench into the box, then seal the box and place it on your front porch. Porch Pirates will take your trash away in less than an afternoon.

Mine is about 200 miles away as of 3 hours ago, so it could plausibly get to the destination facility before morning and get out for delivery. Still also scheduled for delivery Tuesday. My mobo from them on the other hand has been sitting outside Chicago since I ordered it (but says it left the facility). I'm hoping it's either on a truck heading straight here that isn't checking in, or hopping on a plane tomorrow because I go out of town Wednesday...
Welp, the stars aligned on mine, and I just signed for it. Not only did I save myself a sick day tomorrow, but the memory I ordered also came in on the same truck! Already received my motherboard, cooler, and new nvme drives last week, so needless to say, I know what the rest of my day is looking like!

Welp, the stars aligned on mine, and I just signed for it. Not only did I save myself a sick day tomorrow, but the memory I ordered also came in on the same truck! Already received my motherboard, cooler, and new nvme drives last week, so needless to say, I know what the rest of my day is looking like!

Grats! Had I not been in limbo for the refund on the mis-delivered 3950X I may have gone the TR 3960X route since it was about the same price as the 2 CPUs (1 mis-delivered, and its replacement)

Place the largest empty Amazon box you have in front of the bench, sweep all the trash you don't need off the bench into the box, then seal the box and place it on your front porch. Porch Pirates will take your trash away in less than an afternoon.

You know, knock on wood and all that, but I am a prolific online orderer, and we live on a relatively busy side street right across from a school, with our front porch visible from the street and we have never had anything disappear on us.

Maybe this is yet another privilege of the "bubble within a bubble" that is suburban metro Boston.

I've also never seen a heroin addict or discarded needles.

If I didn't constantly hear about it in the news, I would have had no idea there was an ongoing opioid epidemic.

I'm not ordering one of these, but I am curious what they wound up marking it up to.

I got there too late to see the price, as they were out of stock and it was no longer listed.

I think it was eleven hundos, that didnt take long.

Well...I have a 3950X in my hands...well not right this second...I'm typing this post and it's impossible to touch-type and fondle silicon at the same time...trust me. I tried. It came out as, "lsdkhfl;khhlifh333333333lfe", so I put the box down and typed this.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Well...I have a 3950X in my hands...well not right this second...I'm typing this post and it's impossible to touch-type and fondle silicon at the same time...trust me. I tried. It came out as, "lsdkhfl;khhlifh333333333lfe", so I put the box down and typed this.
Grats man!!! Glad to hear.

Now please get rid of one of those outdated, lame and shitty 3900Xs by sending it to me in New Zealand to dispose of. I'll ensure it's done in an environmentally friendly way.

Got my 3950x setup today! Finally arrived yesterday (think I ordered on the 25th, in the UK). I didn't really expect to see much difference in general usage in windows and chrome (snappy is an understatement). I'm actually looking forward to using it for work.

This is without reinstalling windows and using the same 2400mhz memory from before (I know!, but it is CAS 14). The Nortua D14 is cooling it rather well. The power meter (from the wall) shows that it isn't throttling, so it will be fun to see how far it will go.

Just a couple of issues: my GPU is touching my PCH heatsink. Literally zero space between them (XFX 5700xt Thicc 2 & Asus Prime x570-P), I had to push the motherboard from the other side to get the GPU to lock in place. Now the PCH fan is constantly running at >2300rpm (even in the bios). This is annoying as the rest of the fans idle at 700rpm, but luckily I brought some Sony wh-1000xm3's from black Friday, so it's a non-issue (for now). The GPU isn't suffocating the chipset and it isn't that hot so that doesn't make sense...

View attachment 207502

I have a 960 evo myself, while I knew a 6700k was a bottleneck with such drive, I didn't realise it was such a bottleneck! Now it can easily hit 100% utilisation, when that would be rare before, if ever.

What were you switching from that you felt comfortable just using the same Windows install?

I have a 2011 era x79 system, so I'm pretty much counting on needing to reinstall Windows.

Going to try to duplicate my entire user folder to make it as seamless as possible.

(You can still do this in Windows 10, right? It's been a while)

What were you switching from that you felt comfortable just using the same Windows install?

I have a 2011 era x79 system, so I'm pretty much counting on needing to reinstall Windows.

Going to try to duplicate my entire user folder to make it as seamless as possible.

I was lazy and switched from a x79 3930k to 2697v2 to a 3970x without reinstalling. Might reinstall at some point to get rid of the old asus junk programs that don't uninstall properly.

So I purchased an XSPC Raystorm waterblock for the build a week or so ago and I decided to take the RGB lighting out of one of the two TT Pacifica kits I ordered and use it, along with the 6 Fans, as Xmas ornaments for my office. (geek xmas)

I looked at the inside of the TT Pacifica waterblock and all 4 corners of the fins are bent inwards, blocking about 20% of the flow, and they're discolored.

I then took the other one apart...same thing. Then I took a REAL close look at the TT fittings, specifically 45°/90° fittings I ordered. The 45/90s are 45s that had the 90 added by drilling out that connection and tapping it. They still have large shards of metal from where they were drilled out. I've honestly never seen such shitty workmanship on a fitting before. I haven't looked at -all- the 45/90s yet but on the ones I inspected closely, it looks like a drunkard with Parkinson's did the machining.

I don't know if I'm still within the Amazon return period but, if I am, they're going back. That's completely unsat.

like this

I'm not the guy you posted to but I once moved from an Intel Atom based build to an AMD A10 APU based build without even uninstalling the Intel drivers. It went smooth. laughed for 4hrs at just how smooth it went...I was drunk too so that may have played a part in the decision to re-build without reinstalling.

Windows 8+ is MUCH better at handling a hardware switch than previous versions. You'll be fine with basically anything as long as you don't have a missing storage controller driver situation.

I'm not the guy you posted to but I once moved from an Intel Atom based build to an AMD A10 APU based build without even uninstalling the Intel drivers. It went smooth. laughed for 4hrs at just how smooth it went...I was drunk too so that may have played a part in the decision to re-build without reinstalling.

This has been the norm for Linux since day one, since all the drivers are in the kernel (unless you install non-kernel ones) but Windows sure has come a long way.

This used to be a guaranteed reinstall needed.

Reactions: mikeo
like this

View attachment 207502

The PCH fan is supposed to run 24/7 on those motherboards and at that speed regardless of the GPU blocking it. Its so quiet you can't hear it. Just keep it clean of dust and you will be good.

So I purchased an XSPC Raystorm waterblock for the build a week or so ago and I decided to take the RGB lighting out of one of the two TT Pacifica kits I ordered and use it, along with the 6 Fans, as Xmas ornaments for my office. (geek xmas)

I looked at the inside of the TT Pacifica waterblock and all 4 corners of the fins are bent inwards, blocking about 20% of the flow, and they're discolored.

I then took the other one apart...same thing. Then I took a REAL close look at the TT fittings, specifically 45°/90° fittings I ordered. The 45/90s are 45s that had the 90 added by drilling out that connection and tapping it. They still have large shards of metal from where they were drilled out. I've honestly never seen such shitty workmanship on a fitting before. I haven't looked at -all- the 45/90s yet but on the ones I inspected closely, it looks like a drunkard with Parkinson's did the machining.

I don't know if I'm still within the Amazon return period but, if I am, they're going back. That's completely unsat.

Xspc is probably in the top 5% of blocks. Like the highest performing tier possible.

3950x arrived yesterday.Starred at task manger forever fondling the box.

4-3950x in stock at local MC.
1-3960x In stock.It’s mine if available.

Oh shit.

Does anyone want a 3960x? I have two en route now...

B&H managed to ship my backorder before I canceled it.

I'll sell it at cost + shipping. I'm no scalper.

I can easily return it if I need to, just figured someone else might be interested.

Last edited:
like this
10+ 3950x plenty in stock at microcenter along with some 3960

phew i was about to settle with the 3900x

Frikkin' MSI is making me angry. Trying to locate 32GB of GSkill Trident Z Neo ram for my system to replace the mock up ram (which was on the compatible list but I sold it yesterday) and I can't find a damn thing for sale that's actually listed on the Compatibility list...

Everything is close but not actually on the "Qualified Vendor List".

I need 3600MHz or higher
I need CL16
I need 16GB DIMM x 2

I'm 'bout to buy blind again like I did with my 1600X and hope...

And since I don't want to add another post to show the F'd up TT waterblock innards. This is what all 4 corners of the block look like.

ThermalTake. Quality - Da'Fuk is that?! Who even?!

IMAG0711.jpg

Last edited:
Frikkin' MSI is making me angry. Trying to locate 32GB of GSkill Trident Z Neo ram for my system to replace the mock up ram (which was on the compatible list but I sold it yesterday) and I can't find a damn thing for sale that's actually listed on the Compatibility list...

Everything is close but not actually on the "Qualified Vendor List".

I need 3600MHz or higher
I need CL16
I need 16GB DIMM x 2

I'm 'bout to buy blind again like I did with my 1600X and hope...

And since I don't want to add another post to show the F'd up TT waterblock innards. This is what all 4 corners of the block look like.

ThermalTake. Quality - Da'Fuk is that?! Who even?!

View attachment 208039

F4-3600C16D-32GTZN

G.SKILL Trident Z Neo (For AMD Ryzen) Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin RGB DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C16D-32GTZN

F4-3600C16D-32GTZN

G.SKILL Trident Z Neo (For AMD Ryzen) Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin RGB DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C16D-32GTZN

Yeah. I was working with an older version of the Memory QVL so that wasn't on it...I actually figgered it out on my own and ordered exactly what you poseted, while you were in the process of posting it. :)

When I realized my QVL spreadsheet was outdated my first thought was, "Can I edit my post so I don't look stupid?". My second thought was, "Fukkin Mega6 already replied so I can't. motherfu$%er!". My third thought was, "Just own it and deal...At least I have the RAM I need". My fourth thought was, "make this post". My Fifth thought was, "Man this coffee really makes me want to poop...I'd better finish this post quickly! I'm at that age where when you gotta go, you GOTTA go."

Yeah. I was working with an older version of the Memory QVL so that wasn't on it...I actually figgered it out on my own and ordered exactly what you poseted, while you were in the process of posting it. :)

When I realized my QVL spreadsheet was outdated my first thought was, "Can I edit my post so I don't look stupid?". My second thought was, "Fukkin Mega6 already replied so I can't. motherfu$%er!". My third thought was, "Just own it and deal...At least I have the RAM I need". My fourth thought was, "make this post". My Fifth thought was, "Man this coffee really makes me want to poop...I'd better finish this post quickly! I'm at that age where when you gotta go, you GOTTA go."

Just use your new Ryzen to render you a new worry free universe!

Back