Ryzen 3950X, 3960X, 3970X Availability

I feel like the guy who dumps the crazy girl then goes back to hit it one more time and regrets it when his crank now hurts when he takes a piss.

I received an "In Stock" notification" text and proceeded to order from newegg...

At least it's shipping straight to the UPS store where I have to show Photo ID and sign for it...unlike BBuy who evidently takes the CPU to the freeway and tries to throw it into the back of a truck with Tennessee plates hoping it'll make its way to me eventually...

Thanks, so thought it over more... felt like that guy in the movies that didn't know whether to cut the red wire or the blue wire... so I cut the red one and ordered one. The stock did go down one, for what it's worth, but I don't get a status on my order until tomorrow. That leaves one more in stock and I'll check back tomorrow and see if one did indeed ship out.
Let us know how it works out they have a lot of 3970x but my gut says it shady

What are everyones temps with 3950? I have a custom loop and sitting low 40s at idle (according to hwmonitor) and ~80c max.. 2080ti is at 34c idle and maxes around 52c.. seems a little high to me but not sure if that is normal.

My 3900x is idle at the moment at 29c and my TXP is idle at 21c. The gpu doesn't break 35c, cpu gets up to 77-80c when maxed out. The difference in our idle temps tells me you might be under the curve on cooling or your ambient is much higher than mine.

Yeah, I have to wonder as well. That last 3960X in stock is finally gone and now the site is only accepting orders against a future 900(!) that are coming... worst case is I cancel the order if it really wasn't a true stock issue and fall back to my B&H preorder.

...so just as I finished that last post, got the attached email receipt (I blanked out the personal stuff)... it all looks ok for the moment and kinda expecting that next email where somebody made a mistake or something... I'm hopeful though. :)
Receipt3960.jpg

Gaming is not full load, not even close. Maybe a full gaming load but that's not a full cpu load

Download prime 95 with avx and run it for 10 mins. Then let's see that 60c stick around.

That's why I noted "gaming". Since I don't spend a lot of time playing Prime 95, I like my benchmark better.

I ordered one from BLT too, and have a tracking number that has shipped.....so I think it's really happening. I was all ready to order one from the UK.

Yeah, I have to wonder as well. That last 3960X in stock is finally gone and now the site is only accepting orders against a future 900(!) that are coming... worst case is I cancel the order if it really wasn't a true stock issue and fall back to my B&H preorder.

I'm very impressed with their transparency, telling you your place in line, and how many they expect to get.

I wish B&H operated like this.

I had never heard of BLT before, and their website seemed a bit basic. It felt sketchy, so I decided against it, but depending on how things go for those of you who ordered, they may be my source for these hard to get parts in the future.

But why buy a 32, 24 or even 16 core CPU for gaming? :p

Why buy more than a quad core for gaming? At least that was the question years ago when I got a 3930k, now its a bit underpowered for gaming (unless gaming at 4k where it still doesn't really matter hahaha)

Reactions: Mega6
like this
Like I wrote, BLT has been around forever. They've been in the preorder deal for every major cpu/gpu release since the 6970 days.

Like I wrote, BLT has been around forever. They've been in the preorder deal for every major cpu/gpu release since the 6970 days.

aye...they been around so long i forgot about them. I wish I'd remembered them instead of paying $899 to those rooster vacuums at newegg

BLT's preorder wasn't entirely "on the level"... They had numbers similar to what they have now, and I had an order in line, ~-100 in the SoCal line. I noticed their ETA kept slipping so I canceled it and was about to put an order in from Europe since they work out to basically the same price (just longer shipping). Then I looked and BLT magically had 20 in stock at a warehouse they didn't even list before, and no record of the previous preorders. I put an order in just in case, the stock decremented by 1, the next day I got the email that my order was in stock and was shipping, the following day I got a tracking number (and it is in transit).

Now the weird part.... When those 20 came in stock, there were ~380 preorders that were magically no longer shown, and as soon as those 20 were out of stock it was back to showing ~380 preorders...so it appears those people got screwed.

Reactions: mikeo
like this
Based on my past preorder experiences with B&H I fully expect the same thing to happen there.

Speaking of the ordering from Europe prospect, if anyone wants to lock one down for sure and doesn't mind 1-2 weeks shipping time, just order at https://www.overclockers.co.uk/amd-...z-socket-trx4-processor-retail-cp-3bn-am.html After the VAT is removed and taking the exchange rate into account they're about $1540 shipped, similar to US MSRP if you have to pay sales tax. It seems like AMD misjudged demand in Europe vs. NA, tons of places in Europe have them in stock.

BLT's preorder wasn't entirely "on the level"... They had numbers similar to what they have now, and I had an order in line, ~-100 in the SoCal line. I noticed their ETA kept slipping so I canceled it and was about to put an order in from Europe since they work out to basically the same price (just longer shipping). Then I looked and BLT magically had 20 in stock at a warehouse they didn't even list before, and no record of the previous preorders. I put an order in just in case, the stock decremented by 1, the next day I got the email that my order was in stock and was shipping, the following day I got a tracking number (and it is in transit).

Now the weird part.... When those 20 came in stock, there were ~380 preorders that were magically no longer shown, and as soon as those 20 were out of stock it was back to showing ~380 preorders...so it appears those people got screwed.
Right? While those two 3960X's were showing stock, no preorders were displayed, but as soon as the last one was sold, all of sudden there were a bunch of preorders shown for at least 270 or so of those future 900 coming. Not sure what to make of it, but trying to remain hopeful that one of those is making its way here...

What are everyones temps with 3950? I have a custom loop and sitting low 40s at idle (according to hwmonitor) and ~80c max.. 2080ti is at 34c idle and maxes around 52c.. seems a little high to me but not sure if that is normal.

Mine idles 34C and 65C under load on an h100i platinum (240mm aio).

Mine idles 34C and 65C under load on an h100i platinum (240mm aio).

Idle temps aren't really relevant if you use temperature based fan control. Very nice that it stays at 65C with that level of cooling.

What kind of load is that with. Prime95?

Thanks, so thought it over more... felt like that guy in the movies that didn't know whether to cut the red wire or the blue wire... so I cut the red one and ordered one. The stock did go down one, for what it's worth, but I don't get a status on my order until tomorrow. That leaves one more in stock and I'll check back tomorrow and see if one did indeed ship out.

giphy-1.gif

Idle temps aren't really relevant if you use temperature based fan control. Very nice that it stays at 65C with that level of cooling.

What kind of load is that with. Prime95?

Looped cinebench or CPU-z stress test, they're both similar with CPU-z hitting 1-2C higher. Prime95 is a power virus and doesn't mimic any real world load I've ever run. Everything else I do runs cooler than that. The biggest stress I put on the system is photogrammetry which load both the cpu and gpu 100%, but I haven't run any of that yet.

January schedule price drop.

3900x are in good supply now and no longer king in AMD line up.

There was a 3950x in Yonkers since yesterday and was gone this morning as soon as it was open.

Just a quick update--I got a UPS shipping number and it's in transit due in on Tuesday with signature required. Last time UPS delivered something with a signature required they just dropped it off at my front door... so I see a sick day in my future.

So much power! Only fans I've had remotely that powerful were vantec tornados and you definitely wanted to keep your digits clear of those blades.

Year 2000 + Delta Fan + FOP38 heatsink = Very cool CPU temps & Permanent Hearing Damage...good times...good times...

Year 2000 + Delta Fan + FOP38 heatsink = Very cool CPU temps & Permanent Hearing Damage...good times...good times...

God you remember those hahaha

upload_2019-12-14_1-18-39.png

Anyways since you brought up tornadoes I have actual Vantec (delta) tornadoes in 80 and 92mm. I cant find a single use for these psychotic beast fans.

I literally have boxes of fans laying around. There are more off picture.
20191214_012229.jpg 20191214_012224.jpg 20191214_012219.jpg 20191214_012214.jpg 20191214_012210.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mikeo
like this
So the 3960x with these new delta fans are just running cool, so cool.

I have been running Prime95 Small FFT for 25 mins now. Peak core temps are as pictured:

This CPU will NOT get hotter than 66c so far. I cant think of a workload any harder than p95 AVX that could generate more heat. I think I have adequate cooling now.

Also my 2080ti is staying very cool as well maxing at 49c in Kombustor. So I absolutely recommend a custom loop for Threadripper 3000.

I assume if you can afford these chips and boards you can afford a custom loop. I just can't think of anything that can wick the heat away so fast especially if you are running a GPU in loop also.

Anyways I am keeping my ears on the railroad track in case I hear another 3950x am4 coming down the pipe and into my hands. I will let you guys/gals know if I spot one.

upload_2019-12-14_1-30-1.png

Last edited:
So the 3960x with these new delta fans are just running cool, so cool.

I have been running Prime95 Small FFT for 25 mins now. Peak core temps are as pictured:

This CPU will NOT get hotter than 66c so far. I cant think of a workload any harder than p95 AVX that could generate more heat. I think I have adequate cooling now.

Also my 2080ti is staying very cool as well maxing at 49c in Kombustor. So I absolutely recommend a custom loop for Threadripper 3000.

I assume if you can afford these chips and boards you can afford a custom loop. I just can't think of anything that can wick the heat away so fast especially if you are running a GPU in loop also.

Anyways I am keeping my ears on the railroad track in case I hear another 3950x am4 coming down the pipe and into my hands. I will let you guys/gals know if I spot one.

View attachment 207141
What block did you go with?

Back