Ryzen 3950X, 3960X, 3970X Availability

I contacted BH and was told my 3960x order was estimated to arrive at their warehouses in the mid-January. Disappointing. I think I'm going to give up on the TR build for now. I don't really have the time nor the patience for this.

Reactions: mikeo
like this
I guess I jinxed myself with the above post

I got fucked. USPS says they put it in the mailbox. (They couldn't have because the box is too large to fit)

I had to call Best Buy and get a refund so I'm not getting the processor...

I knew if it were to go wrong somewhere, it's be the USPS that screws me...

I got fucked. USPS says they put it in the mailbox. (They couldn't have because the box is too large to fit)

call up usps customer support, find the exact time it said it was delivered and they'll gps check the driver to see if he was actually there at that time.. you can also call your district post office that the driver came from and check that way too if they claim it was delivered then file a complaint against the driver for theft.. it's the only way they'll do an investigation otherwise the union will protect the shit out of them.

unluckily for me i go through the same issues because right where my house is my street randomly changes names so if we get a driver that's just covering for the normal driver they always deliver my shit 2 houses down. luckily the family there is cool about it and sends me a text every time it happens. but on the flip side when they use UPS/fedex their shit always gets delivered to my house..

Did you get the 3950x or TR? The 3950x box is pretty small, no cooler so it's half the size of regular ryzens. The box is actually stupidly large given that.

I contacted BH and was told my 3960x order was estimated to arrive at their warehouses in the mid-January. Disappointing. I think I'm going to give up on the TR build for now. I don't really have the time nor the patience for this.

Should still be easier to get than a 3950x?

Omg im so tired of waiting to find a 3970x, I got cash and paypal. If someone finds it at microcenter, I will pay you to get it for me IMMEDIATELY!!!!

I want this shit done before christmas and I do not have a microcenter near me here in washington state and Fry's electronics sucks ass now.

my whole city is out of stock

Called Marietta Microcenter and Duluth Microcenter. Go a hold of my guys at each one. Both told me zilch in stock. They both told me they never seen such ghost like CPUs before in their time working there. I agreed with them.

I dont know anyone at our two local Frys Electronics Stores but I will call them later to see if they have any in stock. Its highly doubtful as Frys is a pure shit operation.

I could run through that place butt naked covered in grease shooting fireworks and yelling obscenities and their employees wouldn't give two shits and stand there and stay glued to facebook on their phones.

upload_2019-12-9_18-17-22.png

Last edited:
Reactions: N4CR
like this
Fuck it the next 3970x I get, I am going to put it up for Charity.

When the chip reaches $50,000.00 I will randomly select a winner from those that donated and 100% of the funds minus my expense to purchase will go to St. Judes Heathcare for children. I hate ebay scalpers.

Did you get the 3950x or TR? The 3950x box is pretty small, no cooler so it's half the size of regular ryzens. The box is actually stupidly large given that.

3950X. Checked twice. Box wasn't in the mailbox. Called Customer Service at BBuy and requested refund and was assured I'd get it. Still haven't seen the refund confirmation email. I don't have time right now to deal with this BS...really disappointed and more than a little bit pissed...lol

3950X. Checked twice. Box wasn't in the mailbox. Called Customer Service at BBuy and requested refund and was assured I'd get it. Still haven't seen the refund confirmation email. I don't have time right now to deal with this BS...really disappointed and more than a little bit pissed...lol

Pretty shitty.

Have my kid heading to MC tomorrow for opening.Gave him $5000 cash.Told him buy all the 3970x,3960x and 3950x you can.

Pretty shitty.

Have my kid heading to MC tomorrow for opening.Gave him $5000 cash.Told him buy all the 3970x,3960x and 3950x you can.

Sorry but they will only let you get one of each. Not two or more of the same sku. He might be able to buy one, go to car, come back in, buy a second, go to car, come back in get third. That way technically he is getting one per visit and then leaving the property.

Sorry but they will only let you get one of each. Not two or more of the same sku. He might be able to buy one, go to car, come back in, buy a second, go to car, come back in get third. That way technically he is getting one per visit and then leaving the property.

I think its one per household. The whole idea is to prevent one person from buying all the stock and reselling them, I probably wouln't have mine if it wasn't for that rule.

Edit: also the TR ones are way less popular, when I called my MC in the morning they said they had way more people asking about the 3950x. For the 3970x if you get there within 2 hours of opening on a day they restocked them I think you have a good chance of getting one.

Last edited:
Doing this for awhile.Cash.No tracking.Purchase.Walk out.Right back in.Different sales person.Buy another.Purchased 3 3600x last month.Same day.

Purchased many of same cpus a week apart.

call up usps customer support, find the exact time it said it was delivered and they'll gps check the driver to see if he was actually there at that time.. you can also call your district post office that the driver came from and check that way too if they claim it was delivered then file a complaint against the driver for theft.. it's the only way they'll do an investigation otherwise the union will protect the shit out of them.

unluckily for me i go through the same issues because right where my house is my street randomly changes names so if we get a driver that's just covering for the normal driver they always deliver my shit 2 houses down. luckily the family there is cool about it and sends me a text every time it happens. but on the flip side when they use UPS/fedex their shit always gets delivered to my house..

I went through that once on a game and they tracked it via gps to a ups packaging store who then just told me they looked and didn't have it. The ebay seller gave me half my money back.

I think its one per household. The whole idea is to prevent one person from buying all the stock and reselling them, I probably wouln't have mine if it wasn't for that rule.

Edit: also the TR ones are way less popular, when I called my MC in the morning they said they had way more people asking about the 3950x. For the 3970x if you get there within 2 hours of opening on a day they restocked them I think you have a good chance of getting one.
Depends on the store and how anal the employees are about the rules. I brought several stuff at the same time that were 1 person household before. They just rang them up separately. I have a feeling most don't care. Maybe they enforce it on really high ticket and in demand items but really why do they care. They rather just make the sale

Reactions: mikeo
like this
bh.png

No, B&H. This email was literally not helpful in any way, shape, or form.

How about telling me my position in line, your anticipated receipt dates and a projected shipping date based on that? That would have been at least a little helpful...

Lol available on NE and Amazon have 3959x for $1300 from a 3rd party seller. Same sell on both sites. I really despise 3rd party sellers. Amazon needs to drop the hammer on them or just outright stop it.

According to BestBuy they processed my refund today so I should see it back in my bank by next Monday (because BBuy is slow to let that money go)

At least I won't have to fight them over it...

The gigabyte PCIE4 AIC next to a 2080ti for scale, the thing is massive.

I dont see the need for that much IO speed to be honest. There is no single piece of software in the entire rendering world that can even handle that much bandwidth.

But its [H] and it looks good.

Now set up an Amazon SQL order and transaction database server with your insano 4x 4x pcie4.0 card in raid 0

I dont see the need for that much IO speed to be honest. There is no single piece of software in the entire rendering world that can even handle that much bandwidth.

But its [H] and it looks good.

Now set up an Amazon SQL order and transaction database server with your insano 4x 4x pcie4.0 card in raid 0

Yeah, I don't really have a use for it, just came with the board I wanted..... might just sell it...

Back