Ryzen 3950X, 3960X, 3970X Availability

Why you being a troll?

Experience with water cooling has nothing to do with experience in dimm wiring and quad channel memory with 6 dimm layouts. If the board manual has a provisioned layout as I posted then that is where my confusion stems from. Your meme response on that thread was not helpful in the least. Your providing nothing of value to this forum with your responses from what I have seen. And you trolled me in the other sub as well. Atleast I offer suggestions, advice, points of view, etc...

I'm tempted to just report this as blatant trolling, lord knows I have been warned for trolling so I'll turn my cheek to this one.

Are you in the U.S?

I've never seen water cooling tubing and fittings measured in metric dimensions. I'm all 3/8" ID, 1/2" OD.
Yes, Atlanta Georgia.

I'm a biologist so I exist in the metric dimension. I honestly do it out of habit now. I have a marker line on a door frame in my house that has my son's age and height as he grows measured in meters and centimeters lol. Habit.

Anyways yes many water cooling parts have imperial and metric right on the box.

SmartSelect_20191205-183643_Firefox.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all, not to derail the "who was the best water cooler" debate, but... uh... need some advice on water cooling :) (Ref: TR3 3960X.)

Sometime next year I would like to rework this system with a proper cooling system - pumps, reservoirs etc. - but not having done such work on a PC before it's something I'd like to practice on one of my older systems first. Also, I want to get this system up and running relatively quickly (with an air cooled or closed loop water cooler) so I can get some work done. Next spring I'll try something more involved.

I can pick up a Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro TR4 locally quite easily, it's an air cooler. It seems reasonably affordable ($80.) Is there anything else I should consider?

Hi all, not to derail the "who was the best water cooler" debate, but... uh... need some advice on water cooling :) (Ref: TR3 3960X.)

Sometime next year I would like to rework this system with a proper cooling system - pumps, reservoirs etc. - but not having done such work on a PC before it's something I'd like to practice on one of my older systems first. Also, I want to get this system up and running relatively quickly (with an air cooled or closed loop water cooler) so I can get some work done. Next spring I'll try something more involved.

I can pick up a Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro TR4 locally quite easily, it's an air cooler. It seems reasonably affordable ($80.) Is there anything else I should consider?

Xspc raystorm block
Pump of choice (go with what's most popular)
If you get soft tube get Tygon medical grade (trust me I mean it)
Hardline is up to you
Res is just a water container... pick your favorite.
I like bitspower fittings. Really high quality.
You dont need double thick rads. Just normal but get a quad or even two 3 fan radiators. You want far more cooling capacity than you need to get those 50s to 70ish max load. Anything smaller and you're gonna see 70s and 80s and have to run fans harder and louder.

I've been very impressed by the watercool Heatkiller IV Pro. That's what I plan on using.

I've been very impressed by the watercool Heatkiller IV Pro. That's what I plan on using.

Yeah there are other fantastic blocks. I just mentioned the one I use. Also Kyle gave the XSPC a rave review. But the one you mention is a killer block too! I'd stay away from the EK tr3 block unless they re engineered it to be better.

I'm about to build a balls out 3970x render machine with dual 2080ti. The loop parts alone are over 1100 w/o rads, lmao. I guessitmate total cost to be over 7K. smh, its not my monies. Edit, and the 2080ti are preexisting.

Btw, my local mc listed the 3970x, crosses fingers when I go out there in the morning. I also thought it was hilarious that they are only giving 20 bucks bundle savings on a 2K chip and board.

Gdamn Giga and Asrock, get your gen4 bifurication cards out there!

Last edited:
Reactions: N4CR
like this
I'm about to build a balls out 3970x render machine with dual 2080ti. The loop parts alone are over 1100 w/o rads, lmao. I guessitmate total cost to be over 7K. smh, its not my monies.

Btw, my local mc listed the 3970x, crosses fingers when I go out there in the morning. I also thought it was hilarious that they are only giving 20 bucks bundle savings on a 2K chip and board.

Gdamn Giga and Asrock, get your gen4 bifurication cards out there!

Damnit ... im tempted to return my 60x and get a 70x now that you spotted one on the range. I am thinking about it but not for certain.

Yeah I never ordered from them, hoping to catch amazon or newegg restocking with nowinstock.

use distill web monitor chrome extension, works amazing and will be much faster notification then nowinstock

Reactions: mikeo
like this
Fill all the slots on the motherboard with those, then that card. Then one more card and put them all in raid 0.

Fill all the slots on the motherboard with those, then that card. Then one more card and put them all in raid 0.

I said eff it, just bought an Aorus Extreme. It bundles the AIC card. Gonna run a 1Tb for system, 1Tb for scratch, then the 8TB RAID 0, and string a couple spinners for backup and offloading. The Extreme is a beauty of a MB. Gonna use only 48 lanes, 2 gpus and 1 x16 AIC card. I especially love the baller flat power plug!

like this
I said eff it, just bought an Aorus Extreme. It bundles the AIC card. Gonna run a 1Tb for system, 1Tb for scratch, then the 8TB RAID 0, and string a couple spinners for backup and offloading. The Extreme is a beauty of a MB. Gonna use only 48 lanes, 2 gpus and 1 x16 AIC card. I especially love the baller flat power plug!

Is this a corporate machine? You said earlier its not your money.

I HIGHLY recommend these.
upload_2019-12-6_3-30-30.png

I just bought 8 of them 25 mins ago. Make sure you get a PWM hub to run these on with an external power connector like the silverstone pwm hub. These fans have a BEASTLY 14mmHg pressure and can consume 1.06 amperes of current.

Delta makes the best fans on the market hands down.

I made this video 8 years ago on a Delta Fan that spins like its cooling a Nuclear Reactor. I have 7 of these fans in a box. I don't have anything that can handle the current with out blowing right now.

Two 3970x listed in stock at the chicago MC, I guess that means a shipment is arriving today.

B&H updated their Expected availability: Jan 6, 2020

Source? I'm trying to determine if this is for NEW pre-orders or for existing pre-orders.

If they are just putting off ship dates for existing pre-orders then I may need to find another source.

Why is this so difficult for them. They must have a contract with AMD that says how many parts and in what cadence they will be arriving. If they lock people in on a first come first serve, it should be fairly easy to predict when they can ship people parts.

Either they completely do not have their shit together, or they are lying, and selling the limited stock they have to non-preorder holders. If they have received even one CPU and have not immediately turned it around and shipped it to the first in line in the pre-order queue, and are instead diverting them to higher profit sources or owners/employees, etc. they deserve to no longer exist as a business.

They have made a first come first serve committment to their customers. They had better keep it.

Is this a corporate machine? You said earlier its not your money.

lol, Deltas. I have not bothered with Deltas since the days Swiftech made aircoolers. It's not a corporate machine perse but it will be a wkstn for making money. It's gonna be watercooled cpu plus two 2080ti with two 480mm rads in a Phaneteks 719.

The MSI version of this card is the bane of my existence! If it didn't make Shaq look like Tyrion Lannister I wouldn't be making half toe mods to my case that I'm going to end up needing to make.

MSI...we Make Stuff Impossible!

I have not used the Aorus AIC yet, so crosses fingers!

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Source? I'm trying to determine if this is for NEW pre-orders or for existing pre-orders.

If they are just putting off ship dates for existing pre-orders then I may need to find another source.

Why is this so difficult for them. They must have a contract with AMD that says how many parts and in what cadence they will be arriving. If they lock people in on a first come first serve, it should be fairly easy to predict when they can ship people parts.

Either they completely do not have their shit together, or they are lying, and selling the limited stock they have to non-preorder holders. If they have received even one CPU and have not immediately turned it around and shipped it to the first in line in the pre-order queue, they deserve to no longer exist as a business.

Their website, I've had lots of annoying things happen from them in the past for preorders so I'd never preorder anything from them again if I wanted it any time soon.

Attachments

• 20191206_095501.jpg
    20191206_095501.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 0
Their website, I've had lots of annoying things happen from them in the past for preorders so I'd never preorder anything from them again if I wanted it any time soon.

Hmm.

See you COULD read that as previous orders still shipping on the original timeline, but that all of their first receipts from AMD have been consumed by people earlier in the pre-order queue, so if you order today, expected delivery is January 6th.

Their lack of transparency is frustrating.

If I ran a business like this I would be fully transparent. You'd get your number in the queue, so you could see how many are ahead of you, and a list of anticipated receipts and dates, and you could see your position in the queue be whittled down over time until it ships.

like this
Hmm.

See you COULD read that as previous orders still shipping on the original timeline, but that all of their first receipts from AMD have been consumed by people earlier in the pre-order queue, so if you order today, expected delivery is January 6th.

Their lack of transparency is frustrating.

If I ran a business like this I would be fully transparent. You'd get your number in the queue, so you could see how many are ahead of you, and a list of anticipated receipts and dates, and you could see your position in the queue be whittled down over time until it ships.

Yeah, I would still take them over Amazon though for ordering SD, XQD, or CF Express cards, at least they dont sell counterfeit stuff. I got kind of annoyed with them when I preordered a lens that cost more than the 3970x and they listed it as in stock and shipping today before updating my preorder, then when I called in and asked what the deal was they said sorry, shipped it and didn't even use expedited shipping.

Many of us have nightmares about the Delta fans we used on the first Athlons... I assume you're recommending them with a controller to keep the RPMs under control?
I loved those things...lol they were like a jet engine but they did keep the precessor cool...lol

You MUST use a controller with most delta fans. If you can get them 1amp or less your mobo can control them fine. Get the pwm fans.

For the money you wint find a nicer more capable fan. They are no bullshit and use brushless motors.

They dont use stupid bullcrap like Batwing Blades, Superman Wind Generators, liquid solar beam hydro moon dust bearings, SuperContra Pressure shrouds and whatever dumb shit gameresque marketing terms these other cheap junk fans use.

^ Ah, the days where all that mattered was overclocks, regardless of how much noise they produced in the process (as I write this the cpu fans are at 700-800rpm and system fans running at 600-650rpm).

I was hoping to get one today, but they're not arriving until next week. I'm #10 in the waiting list, the only catch is that they're expecting 7 in that batch. So it looks like another week or so.:cry:

I did find a retailer who has these in stock (just one 3950x), but they want £1199 when it retails for £750! (the strange part is that this company doesn't do much retail, they're primarily b2b).

I do wonder when AMD plans to release of the desktop 4000 series/ Zen 3 (with actual stock - a minor detail!). Although I have a feeling they might pull an Intel and keep the extreme editions a generation behind. I thought it was odd that AMD didn't release any 3000 series laptop processors, not even just a few SKUs. I guess they knew they were nowhere near being able to meet demand. If you think about things from AMD's point of view, they don't need to rush the next desktop release. With the 3950x and up being delayed so much, you wonder if their replacements are going to come soon, or even miss 2020 altogether.

I do wonder when AMD plans to release of the desktop 4000 series/ Zen 3 (with actual stock - a minor detail!). Although I have a feeling they might pull an Intel and keep the extreme editions a generation behind. I thought it was odd that AMD didn't release any 3000 series laptop processors, not even just a few SKUs. I guess they knew they were nowhere near being able to meet demand. If you think about things from AMD's point of view, they don't need to rush the next desktop release. With the 3950x and up being delayed so much, you wonder if their replacements are going to come soon, or even miss 2020 altogether.

:confused:

You must not have read the news? They are on schedule with Zen 3 for 2020. Then Zen 4 late 2021. They are not holding anything back. They are also set to release to the mobile market for 2020. It's all over the news. As for why they haven't this or that, in case you missed it they are a tiny company, tiny is understated even compared to their rival. I'd assume they are doing all they can.

:confused:

You must not have read the news? They are on schedule with Zen 3 for 2020. Then Zen 4 late 2021. They are not holding anything back. They are also set to release to the mobile market for 2020. It's all over the news. As for why they haven't this or that, in case you missed it they are a tiny company, tiny is understated even compared to their rival. I'd assume they are doing all they can.

but which Zen 3 chips are they releasing in 2019? or the definition of release?

Zen 2 was released in June, but that isn't the whole story...

3970 in stock

I'm gonna pass on it. I cant justify 600 more dollars for 8 cores. 60x is so fast for me already.

Marietta Microcenter if you want it!

View attachment 205084

Holy crap what is up with the GA store? PM incoming.

Edit I'm just gonna run down to the store. I'd hate to make you buy one if there is one locally here. brb...

Last edited:
Back