Ryzen 3950X, 3960X, 3970X Availability

Wow I am surprised they are allowing us to reserve one. I was able to snag one. The question I have is it worth the $250 over the 3900x??

Reactions: erek
like this
Wow I am surprised they are allowing us to reserve one. I was able to snag one. The question I have is it worth the $250 over the 3900x??
micro center or newegg? i'm surprised the prices didn't skyrocket and that we got in at MSRP

Wow, Linus went off on intel on the 10980XE review. And the 3950x did extremely well against it. Now I feel better about my choice!

I wonder what that mystery chip on top SHREDDING all the THREADS in the benchmarks is?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191125-062558_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20191125-062558_YouTube.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 0
Just got my email confirmation from Microcenter.
They claim a ship date of 11/28.
We'll see...

like this
I'm in for one from MC, newegg is out of stock and Amazon has not listed stock at all as of yet.

like this
Well, again my local mc customer service fed me a line of bs. I got here at 8 am to be early to see if they have any stk of the 3950x even tho i was told yesterday they will not have them. Just thought to myself to chk the website again to see if it happened to have finally been updated to show cpu, and to my surprise it was!.. shows 10+ in stock and i reserved 1 while i wait in the parking lot.. so i actually have a real chance to be bringing home 1.. anyone else in the atl area.. come to mariettas mc as of now they show stock

Micro Center now sold out Online as "AVAILABLE FOR IN-STORE PICKUP ONLY." now

The only trx40 board listed on Amazon just changed its availability date to 11/29....

like this
God, this is annoying.

I was checking late last night until 1am. Nothing. Then I had to go to bed because work...

Then checked again when I got up at 7am. Nothing. Got in the shower got ready for work.

Now they have all been posted and are sold out :/

I just got my cancellation from MC. My only hope is Amazon at this point.

So my reservation was confirmed, I actually do not need the 3950x since I have a 3900x. However if someone is in need of one I can pick it up later today/tomorrow.

like this
Sold out at Amazon in under 3 minutes !!! Wow

upload_2019-11-25_10-8-42.png

"Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

Reactions: mikeo
like this
Damn it..missed this one too...wow....luck was not with me today.

Same thing happens every launch for high end hardware ever. This ain't your first rodeo..
Do you get salty because you can't find a fx5800 eng sample all the time?

It's kind of bullshit that people let them get away with it.

Any we'll run business doesn't launch a product until they have adequate launch quantities to support predicted demand
Backorders happen, but that's when you have unexpected production or distribution issues, or your prediction is off.

If you are launching and you know you have insufficient quantities to support demand, you are not doing it right.

3950x.jpg

I got lucky. Nowinstock.net texted me right before I stepped into the shower, around 4:55 am local (10:55 am EST). Clicked over to Amazon -- even had time to change to Amazon Smile -- added to cart and ordered. Huzzah.

One of the very few times being -10:00 GMT has actually helped. Once I'd arrived at work, my phone would be locked in a vault and I'd have no chance of getting a CPU.

like this
I wasn't quite as lucky. I had the "Add to Cart" button, but as soon as I clicked it I was told my "Cart is Empty" and then nothing. Oh well.

I have a 3950x ordered from a Canadian retailer hopefully it ships in a day or two.

like this
View attachment 202318
I got lucky. Nowinstock.net texted me right before I stepped into the shower, around 4:55 am local (10:55 am EST). Clicked over to Amazon -- even had time to change to Amazon Smile -- added to cart and ordered. Huzzah.

One of the very few times being -10:00 GMT has actually helped. Once I'd arrived at work, my phone would be locked in a vault and I'd have no chance of getting a CPU.

Glad my order didn't get cancelled !!

Your Newegg Tracking Number Has Been Created

Tuesday
NOV
1 day to go

I'm kinda bummed by some of the reviews. Performance is one thing, but what about gotchyas with new platform? This happens every CPU/Chipset launch. They all talk about performance but then we have to hear it from the acutal users on the forums where folks see teething with new platform like we did with the Ryzen launches with voltage..etc. Really Tech Youtubers, nothing to report on that front? Everything was perfect?

like this
I'm kinda bummed by some of the reviews. Performance is one thing, but what about gotchyas with new platform? This happens every CPU/Chipset launch. They all talk about performance but then we have to hear it from the acutal users on the forums where folks see teething with new platform like we did with the Ryzen launches with voltage..etc. Really Tech Youtubers, nothing to report on that front? Everything was perfect?

I made sure to flash my BIOS to the latest before even thinking about installing this cpu using the "Flashback" technology.

Also scope this out, got a response from AMD directly:

upload_2019-11-25_11-51-16.png

Man I'm ready to snag a 3970x but apparently a stupid paper launch again.

Reviews show 3970 at or greater in games than 9900k. Wow!

And compute performance is retarded unreal.

BH just moved back their 3970x availability to Dec 6th...

like this
The hunt for 3950x is brutal...is bestbuy not selling them? You guys happen to know anything about bh ? Did they release their availability yet?

like this
Back