Ryzen 3950X, 3960X, 3970X Availability

Yeah, I agree the TR3000's are overpriced (they seem to be marked up a tier), plus I'm not sure if the bigger Rippers will come out on TRX40's, 64 cpu cores on 4 memory channels doesn't sound great. I also think TRX40 is overpriced as you can buy duel Epyc workstation boards (with 8 memory channels for each of the TWO sockets), AND duel 10gbe ports thrown in. It's not like the TRX40 makes up for power delivery, as the workstation boards can handle two cpu's side-by-side.

I'm interested in a 3950x, but I don't fancy my chances of being able to buy. There was an oopsy on the Amazon France earlier, but that didn't last long and the page is no longer accessible, but the price was fair for those that found it. I think I may pick up a 3700 or 3800x over Black Friday weekend to tie me over until the 4950x (looks like the 4000's have a better ccx/ cache layout). I'll take a look at midnight (GMT) to see if any retailers were a little premature with their release, and again at 9 EST (14:00).

My 6700k @ 4.6ghz is looking a little sad with only 8 threads (about the difference between a 3900 & 3950x!)

Well I won't be buying the 3950X tonight.

My parts arrived yesterday (and all my fittings were 3/8" not 5/8" like I ordered...I checked...I ordered 5/8")

I hopped over to Amazon to do the RMA on the crap I received and order the parts again (thinking they may just get it right this time...maybe...)

While I'm there, NFCU calls to say that because of suspicious activity on my card they cancelled it and are shipping me a new one, and that it should be here Tuesday/Wednesday. (They were right to do so...evidently someone tried to use my card at a Marathon station in Jackson, Mississippi.)

Still though...now I can't order tonight...

I get there not being 3950x due to 'global shortage'.
I don't get the lack of availability of Athlon 3000G.
Feels like there's more to the story.

Im in for a 3900x if I can’t score a 3950x by Tuesday.

I would rather wait if these are, in fact, the best silicon of the Ryzen 3 line.

I'm in the "3900X if I can't get a 3950X" club at this point. Will find out tomorrow.

Gonna be smug as hell if I actually pick up a 3950X that's for sure.

Reactions: erek
like this
this is absolute nonsense, 3950X is basically a paper launch even after the delay, unacceptable.

upload_2019-11-25_0-18-45.png

upload_2019-11-25_0-19-40.png

Im just gonna pick up a 3960 or 70x online once they drop. I have a strooooooong feeling those aren't going to fly off the shelves as heavy as they are in price.

Fuckn boards for em' are 5 to 900 bones

Gonna be my 4 year build. Just gonna use the piss out of it for 4 years. I am tired as hell of buying/selling/upgrading/losing money each and every damn generation that comes out.

I had TR1 and TR2 and now TR3 soon.

Sold my 3900x/x570 and 3600/b450. Have a few more things up for sale to help fund this very expensive platform.

Only computer I have in my home right now is a SurfaceBook

and one of these

upload_2019-11-25_0-27-16.png

Same thing happens every launch for high end hardware ever. This ain't your first rodeo..
Do you get salty because you can't find a fx5800 eng sample all the time?

Sorry for acting up

None of the etailers or retailers are going to update anything until they actually start their business day. So 7-10am eastern depending.
Like i said in another thread, your better off camping out at mc vs trying to catch anything online.

like this
Sorry for acting up
Don't be sorry man - just trying to put it in context. You're one of the most patient hardware buyers on here by virtue of what you collect... it's hard. I get why you'd be salty when asshole flippers try to buy all the stock up. Just like the 2080Ti - don't buy from them. Let them rot. 3950X is going to be a unicorn for at least 3-4 months until they get better ramping for the good chiplet through yields.
This is why in hindsight, retaillers gouging is almost preferable to flippers - because it reduces flipper margin if they can't sell it before there is enough volume and discourages the practices. Especially if AMD sells direct.
If I do a build now it'll be 3900x if available or a cheap 3600x-3700x to tie me over. Either is still great for all tasks, gaming, productivity etc alike, you can't go wrong! Then when the right opportunity (or non-gouged/flipped fuckery) 3950x is available, it's a simple drop-in replacement.

I did that in 3900x. Early bird gets the worm.

But since I'm aiming for a 3970x I can go there at noon or 2 or 4pm and get one. Only a nut would drop 2k on a cpu lol

Reactions: N4CR
like this
10mins is plenty of time, I thought we were talking about 10 seconds. Could even make a coffee in the time.

Wow, Linus went off on intel on the 10980XE review. And the 3950x did extremely well against it. Now I feel better about my choice!

Ouch, that is one hell of a scathing review! I don't feel sorry for Intel, plus avx512 is standard on modern Xeons. So it just means their XE's have less features needlessly turned off.

Ah, Skylake, it was good in 2016!

Wow, Linus went off on intel on the 10980XE review. And the 3950x did extremely well against it. Now I feel better about my choice!

Ouch, that is one hell of a scathing review! I don't feel sorry for Intel, plus avx512 is standard on modern Xeons. So it just means their XE's have less features needlessly turned off.

Ah, Skylake, it was good in 2016!

Real winner: 9900KS for gaming, and 10980XE for combined workloads (gaming + productivity).

Or just wait for a 3950X, eventually.

And do I ever feel Linux' pain...

I don't see the 3950x anywhere...
You'll have more luck with the manufacturer code: 100-100000051WOF

I've got 5-6 resellers in the UK, but stock and more importantly prices are still unknowns. Had an email notification for £9,999.99. I'm not paying more than £750 I don't NEED this, so we'll see...

PS: Google's page cache is useful here.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Why anyone is surprised ??? They can't get out Athlon 3000G... not even "paper launch" (not even one OOS listing for it in US?).
Look like it will be "Asian female Middle finger Day".... :ROFLMAO:

like this
Looks like AMD pulled another fast one one on us i'm seeing listings now saying "Nda until 26 November 2019".

Complete nonsense.

No happy endings?

this is ridiculous, why couldn't AMD just come out with the truth instead of having countless people across the Globe pulling all nighters, it's not just a few, i see people on twitter from all over the world took off work and waiting

this is ridiculous, why couldn't AMD just come out with the truth instead of having countless people across the Globe pulling all nighters, it's not just a few, i see people on twitter from all over the world took off work and waiting

The truth is that AMD cannot make enough cores to satisfy all of their markets. That's due in various parts to yields, competition for production at TSMC, and demand for parts in higher market segments (Epyc) as well as commitments in lower market segments (Dell, HP, Lenovo etc.) that take precedence over the retail channel.

I know people want their CPUs, but don't pretend paper launches haven't been a thing for a long, long time...

Though I wish AMD would be more clear about availability.

I get that.
But I was thinking lack of 3950x was due to chiplets being allocated to server parts (where the real $$$ is)
That doesn't explain a 12nm 4-core/8-thread part with integrated GPU...hence why I'm still at a loss to explain the 3000G

Back