Ryzen 3900XT, 3800XT, and 3600XT allegedly to be announced by June 16th

vjhawk

Limp Gawd
Articles here:
https://www.techradar.com/news/amd-...pus-could-see-an-impressive-clock-speed-boost
https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-9-39...atisse-refresh-desktop-cpu-clock-speed-rumor/

UFDtech discussion:

Supposedly these chips will hit clock speeds up to 4.8ghz and 4.7ghz. If this is true, AMD is about to rain all over Intel's Comet Lake parade.
AMD is said to have optimized the turbo boost algorithms and binning better quality chips for these XT models.

Higher performance by 5-10%? Yes Please. AMD looking to curb stomp Intel with their Matisse refresh before Ryzen 3 4000 chips finally arrive in 2021.
Is anybody else excited about this? The new XT chips will definitely give consumers more options if they are building a brand new computer over the summer!

Good, Intel fires off a Rd of open loop skus.
AMD should do the same just to keep everyone entertained.

Let's see who can sustain the longest pegged core time.

I can’t see a 5-10% overall increase in performance. That would snipe the release the 4xxx series.

If true, then the 3900XT would be almost exactly what I was hoping the 3900X was going to be. It would almost be in line with what AdoredTV predicted for the launch. That base clock is awesome though, to me, that's probably the best part. The 7nm process must be really maturing nicely.

What I would love to see is just a standard 3900X with 4600 MHz boost clock across both chiplets. Ditch the craplets. The craplet on my 3950x is a 4400 MHz part. That's really hoping for too much though.

If true, then the 3900XT would be almost exactly what I was hoping the 3900X was going to be. It would almost be in line with what AdoredTV predicted for the launch. That base clock is awesome though, to me, that's probably the best part. The 7nm process must be really maturing nicely.

What I would love to see is just a standard 3900X with 4600 MHz boost clock across both chiplets. Ditch the craplets. The craplet on my 3950x is a 4400 MHz part. That's really hoping for too much though.
And have two cores boost to max frequency vice just. If both chiplets can do higher clocks, I can see game performance going up significantly, just one core going from 4.6ghz to 4.8ghz, a 4% increase -> not much in the scheme of things.

chiphell, wccftech, techradar and wccftech in video form.. err i mean UFDtech.. given no one reputable has brought it up sounds like a lot of salt is needed with these rumors.

It sounds suspicious to me as well. They should put an "S" on the end of it instead though :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

isnt the 4K series do by the end of the year? thats what im really waiting for....
I I would love a 4xxx part but I think the 3800XT would be a bit cheaper and a huge upgrade from my 1700X — it should be plenty

Just a rumor.

AMD-Ryzen-3000-Matisse-Refresh-Desktop-CPU-Performance-Benchmarks-Cinebench-R20.png

SOURCE

The 3000 was almost perfect, the only thing that wasn't as good as expected was the clocks. I think now we get the Ryzen 3000 we deserved las year.

I wonder if they're made out of components for TR3 that aren't selling fast enough.

I am waiting for AMD to launch these chips. I want to see 5-10% increase in the performance of my device.
I am sure, within a few years, AMD will leave Intel behind, in competition.

I am waiting for AMD to launch these chips. I want to see 5-10% increase in the performance of my device.
I am sure, within a few years, AMD will leave Intel behind, in competition.
yeah because intel is just going to not do anything and le that happen. Come on now. While I am waiting onf 3900xt to see what it can do as well as 4000 and 11th gen, it is silly to make claims like yours.
Just consider that it took AMD 7nm to finally beat intel's 14nm and that is not at everything as Intel still beats them at gaming and other apps like Photoshop..so imagine what is going to happen with Intel at 10nm or smaller

I wonder if the 3900X will drop in price again or will the XT just get priced around $450.

I was planning on upgrading to a 10900K, but the 3900X dropped in price and was going to get that. But I am going to wait and see where the 3900X and XT are priced when it comes out.

The bin process costs additional scrutiny so expect them to be adjusted price wise if this isn't just the rumor mill churning again. None the less if they do appear I'll be eyeing a 3800 with hopes of it reaching 4.8.

My guess is they've finally got enough chiplets that the real shit ones are going into the really low end stuff, and they have enough high end ones so as not to give the 3900x one good chiplet and one shitlet. In my good chiplet, two cores hit *near* 4.75 sometimes, but the shitlet cores never seem to go much above 4.45.

My guess is they've finally got enough chiplets that the real shit ones are going into the really low end stuff, and they have enough high end ones so as not to give the 3900x one good chiplet and one shitlet. In my good chiplet, two cores hit *near* 4.75 sometimes, but the shitlet cores never seem to go much above 4.45.
I would say that you have a primo 3900x. Like I said, my 3950x craplet maxes at 4.4. I would love for them to ditch the craplet, like I said above, but something tells me they won't, at least not for the current products. It would really piss off 3900x owners to find out the newer 3900x chips were 5 to 10 percent faster in heavily multi-threaded apps. They could get away with it on these rumored XT models though.

I would say that you have a primo 3900x. Like I said, my 3950x craplet maxes at 4.4. I would love for them to ditch the craplet, like I said above, but something tells me they won't, at least not for the current products. It would really piss off 3900x owners to find out the newer 3900x chips were 5 to 10 percent faster in heavily multi-threaded apps. They could get away with it on these rumored XT models though.

never thought I had a primo one, my all core clocks seem a bit low with blender. Not to get too off topic, what do your max boosts per core look like? Have a screen?

Man you both have excellent craplets. Nothing to complain about! The XT's will be faster in multi workloads because the base clock is raised 200mhz iirc from the data that is out there.

never thought I had a primo one, my all core clocks seem a bit low with blender. Not to get too off topic, what do your max boosts per core look like? Have a screen?

You are running stock? W/O PBO? Base clocks on the chips are not all that high, 3.5ghz on 3950x and 3.8ghx on 3900x. When running all cores loaded in a multi threaded environment, those are the clocks you will see.

Seems pointless unless zen3 is delayed to 2021.

Skylake 2.0, 3.0, and 4.0 were mostly pointless considering they all used different motherboards. For someone that has a 3600, a 3800xt or 3900xt is a nice upgrade considering they don't need to get a new motherboard.
For anyone upgrading an older system, all 3 cpus are a solid alternative to Comet Lake.

Only the higher end Zen 3 cpus are rumored for October. The rest will be closer to the New year which is pretty far away.

AMD is not 'losing' anything by releasing these chips so I am kind of puzzled by the reactions.

yeah because intel is just going to not do anything and le that happen. Come on now. While I am waiting onf 3900xt to see what it can do as well as 4000 and 11th gen, it is silly to make claims like yours.
Just consider that it took AMD 7nm to finally beat intel's 14nm and that is not at everything as Intel still beats them at gaming and other apps like Photoshop..so imagine what is going to happen with Intel at 10nm or smaller

Yeah and Intel's 14nm beats Intel's 10nm, so what's your point? Were we to expect a crazy clock increase going to a smaller node or something despite that never being the case? - ie SB to IVB or Haswell to Broadwell.

Maybe the math told them to slow down and give b550 a full sales lifecycle.
They paid for a full launch, why not get a full sales cycle out of it?

X570 can take another lap. MSI can run the X570 Tomahawk, gigabyte can tighten up their bios....or not, Asus + ASRock can do whatever.

Ryzen 2 gets a .1 with some increased Shirley quality. Latency gets the spotlight as the aha for people to sell their X for an XT.

It's like making people pay full price for refills.
Just less ice this time around.

Last edited:
If these CPUs do come out and the reason is because of greatly increased yield I'm wondering if they are to be a replacement for the x models eventually. If so it's a win/win for AMD. It's not going to cost them anything additional to release xt models and it avoids confusion later as the x models are phased out with regards to the difference in clock speeds. This would allow AMD to poke Intel in the eye with Ryzen processors with higher clock speeds while keeping xt processors at the prices of the current x models, at least the MSRP, while lowering prices on the x models to clear out that inventory.

If memory serves, Zen3 is not supposed to be fabbed using an EUV process but an improved version of the regular 7nm process. If this is the case, these xt CPUs could have originally been a testbed which worked out better than expected and AMD ran with it.

I'm new to AMD but doing a new build for it soon. To overclock a 3900XT it supposedly supports Infinity Fabric Speed (FLCK) of 2000mhz does that mean I need to get ddr4-4000 to get the most out of the cpu? Will Zen 3 support a even higher FLCK?

I've been reading this for reference: Corsair OC Guide

would be a nice if b350/x370 support this as the final upgrade on the path.

Not happening. Boards that already support 3000 series cpus with beta bios may work though.
this is what i mean...if b350/x370 boards have a bios out there to support 3000 series already, that this new matisse refresh is just a drop-in and no bios update is needed

This definitely seems like a why not move by AMD. The yields are getting better. B550 is launching and Intel just dropped new stuff. Keeps AMD in the media cycle, gets some better CPUs out there now that can hold some pricing (profits) vs the vanilla X chips which are now reduced. Wins all over the place really. If anyone is waiting for B550 they can chuck an XT in and probably have some good price performance vs Intel 10th gen.

this is what i mean...if b350/x370 boards have a bios out there to support 3000 series already, that this new matisse refresh is just a drop-in and no bios update is needed

I don't see why not, since it's still 3000... The AF models got support automatically on boards that supported Ryzen 2000 series. I checked my MSI A320 VH Pro and without any new BIOS, the Ryzen 3300X and 3100 are now listed as supported, even though the last BIOS and the only one that supports 3000 series is from 2019. So why should the XT, which is just a better clocking Ryzen 3000 need "new" BIOS?

I don't see why not, since it's still 3000... The AF models got support automatically on boards that supported Ryzen 2000 series. I checked my MSI A320 VH Pro and without any new BIOS, the Ryzen 3300X and 3100 are now listed as supported, even though the last BIOS and the only one that supports 3000 series is from 2019. So why should the XT, which is just a better clocking Ryzen 3000 need "new" BIOS?
makes sense.
thanks!

I think this is a good move even if Zen 3 releases this year. Zen 3 isnt' really supported by B450 and X470, so this might give an incentive to upgrade those 2000 Ryzens.

Back