Ryzen 3700x $280 - Microcenter

This makes me so [H]ard. Plenty in stock in Tustin. Already bought one from Microcenter when they were doing the $50 combo deal, but this is might be better even if the combo deal is only $20 now.

This makes me so [H]ard. Plenty in stock in Tustin. Already bought one from Microcenter when they were doing the $50 combo deal, but this is might be better even if the combo deal is only $20 now.
I miss living by the Tustin MC, and the FV Frys for that matter. Good deals to be had.

Damn, that is really pushing it on price showing that the recent price matches by everyone else must have gotten to MC.

I miss living by the Tustin MC, and the FV Frys for that matter. Good deals to be had.
Use to live within 3 miles of that magical place once upon a time, gave me the legendary 2500k. Then had to move to bay area in 2013 and it all went away (they closed the Santa Clara MC in 2012 to add insult to injury). In a way, MC still helped me get my 5820k since staples did a 110% price match to their already lower price in 2015 but those good days are all gone now....:(

Use to live within 3 miles of that magical place once upon a time, gave me the legendary 2500k. Then had to move to bay area in 2013 and it all went away (they closed the Santa Clara MC in 2012 to add insult to injury). In a way, MC still helped me get my 5820k since staples did a 110% price match to their already lower price in 2015 but those good days are all gone now....:(
I got my 2500K from Fry's in FV on launch day. Good times. I guess they weren't that good with P67 and its boot looping but hey. New platform what do you expect.

I picked up a 3600X recently on sale for $199 and haven't taken it out of the box yet. This is for my 21:9 1440p 100hz gaming computer that I also do a lot of Rift S with. Currently running a Ryzen 1600. I'm tempted to return the 3600X and pony up $80 more for the 3700X, but I don't know. I doubt it will help me much, since all I do on this computer is game, and never stream.

I picked up a 3600X recently on sale for $199 and haven't taken it out of the box yet. This is for my 21:9 1440p 100hz gaming computer that I also do a lot of Rift S with. Currently running a Ryzen 1600. I'm tempted to return the 3600X and pony up $80 more for the 3700X, but I don't know. I doubt it will help me much, since all I do on this computer is game, and never stream.

2020 Xbox
and
2020 PS4

will both be 8 core/16 thread Ryzens.

Upgrade now, or upgrade later, but 16 thread expectation is coming very soon to AAA game engines that are developed for console and ported to PC. I personally would want the 3700 or even 2700 for that reason alone over a 6 core/12 thread.

This is for my 21:9 1440p 100hz gaming computer that I also do a lot of Rift S with

I have a similar setup for my Rift S, works great. Have it paired with a RTX 2070 Super. I use an iPad with Duet Display and a multimedia keyboard/mouse combo to keep it mobile.

IMHO, the 3600/3600x is such a great deal I just couldn't pass it up.

2020 Xbox
and
2020 PS4

will both be 8 core/16 thread Ryzens.

Upgrade now, or upgrade later, but 16 thread expectation is coming very soon to AAA game engines that are developed for console and ported to PC. I personally would want the 3700 or even 2700 for that reason alone over a 6 core/12 thread.

It depends on how often you upgrade. If you're just going to drop a Zen 3 in later, I doubt it will make much difference as the PS5, etc. will all be late 2020 releases along with Zen 3.

27D7EF5D-E2E6-4300-8E30-D8883221AD75.jpeg
I have a similar setup for my Rift S, works great. Have it paired with a RTX 2070 Super. I use an iPad with Duet Display and a multimedia keyboard/mouse combo to keep it mobile.

IMHO, the 3600/3600x is such a great deal I just couldn't pass it up.

Hey my theme of the day is the matrix lol.

I'd stick to what you've got unless you need those extra cores (and that's a lot of cores! :eek:)

I'd stick to what you've got unless you need those extra cores (and that's a lot of cores! :eek:)
The correct answer is take it back and get a lot 3950x. Just do it. You know you want too.

I picked up a 2700X for $129.99, plus an MSI Gaming X470 board for $79.99 during Black Friday. The mobo also has a $20.00 in MIR, making it only $59.99 A/R.

It was too good of a deal to pass up. :cool:
Dang and a pretty good kit of 16gb ddr4 can be had for under $100. That's a hell of a system for $300.

Coyote years ago you couldn't even get a 7700k for that price.

Ryzen 5 3600 is 180. Now that's tempting. I spent all last year waiting for this and can't make a case for getting it. I have no time to play games and all I use a computer for these days is office tasks.

Local MC has 3970x in stock.Heading there.We shall see.

Long story short.3970X in stock on website and in store.

Being held for employee.After talking to a MC employee i often deal with.He said good luck as the employees are purchasing the majority of small quaintness coming in.

On the bright side.Did have a great corn beef sandwich for lunch.

Long story short.3970X in stock on website and in store.

Being held for employee.After talking to a MC employee i often deal with.He said good luck as the employees are purchasing the majority of small quaintness coming in.

On the bright side.Did have a great corn beef sandwich for lunch.

That's when you go to a manager and tell them to sell you the CPU. As I retail veteran, I appreciate that it sucks working retail, especially near the holidays, but I'm pretty sure it's against their employment terms to buy CPU's to flip them for profit 3rd party.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-Thread...053683?hash=item3b3e1b66f3:g:BMUAAOSwrTFd6b-I

Location Parkville, MD...Microcenter in Parkville, MD...coincidence?

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That's when you go to a manager and tell them to sell you the CPU. As I retail veteran, I appreciate that it sucks working retail, especially near the holidays, but I'm pretty sure it's against their employment terms to buy CPU's to flip them for profit 3rd party.

You mean the store manager that cancelled my order for a 3950x.It was in stock.Shenanigans going on at my local MC.I could go on but why.Life's to short.

Have another beer & get back to clock'in.:)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-Thread...053683?hash=item3b3e1b66f3:g:BMUAAOSwrTFd6b-I

Location Parkville, MD...Microcenter in Parkville, MD...coincidence?
That is shitty. That is the MC I frequent. Not only $650 over price he has the nerve to charge $100 for ship on a pre order at that lol.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
MC needs to come and buy the Fry's Electronics near me because the shelves are empty and its almost x-mas.

So many new stores opening here in Livermore Dublin area, please MC come back to Silicon Valley..unless you are owned by Dump supporters , in which case stf away
;)

Back