Ryzen 3600X ALL Core Overclock 4425Mhz DDR4 CL16 4200Mhz

gerardfraser

[H]ard|Gawd
Memory clock-2100 =4200Mhz
Fabric clock- 1800 =3800Mhz
All core clock - =4425Mhz

Did all core overclock 25Mhz more than whats printed on the box,I like writing that.

EDIT:Added ALL Core Overclock [email protected]

So I been testing for a couple days.I only play games ,so the overclock will not be prime stable and I do not even care.

EDIT2:
I been changing CCX with Ryzen Master since I got my 3600X and I can not remember if I was changing on the fly or changing on the fly after I opened this tool once and set one CCX OC Tool: http://bit.ly/30zhbMz .So for now I say open tool once and then use Ryzen master.

Anyway I will be using boost clock which boost up to 4525Mhz and that is perfect for me.

I just did overclock thru Ryzen master and you can see all DDR4 timings.
HWinfo64 for all voltages and fan speeds.

So I fired up Kingdom Come Deliverance a game known for the great hardware killer and made a quick video.

Last edited:
I personally like to dial an overclock back a few degrees from max stable during testing if not testing with prime. Same goes for GPU overclocking. You may get a game that loads up the CPU differently, and the performance different in 25MHz will not be noticeable. But that is just how I like to do things, if it works for you and you are happy with the results, then good, congrats, and thanks for sharing.

LOL youtube quality,I could not even read the 4K upload.I will re-upload for those interested
Memory clock 1.5v -2100 =4200Mhz
All core clock CPU 1.4v-4425Mhz
https://i.postimg.cc/TP0gzGWK/Desktop-Screenshot-2019-07-15-22-30-39-40-2.png

Desktop-Screenshot-2019-07-15-22-30-39-40-2.png

Nice work. Looks like bios is helping with clocks, seen higher bins in the 4.6 range too, closer to where I expected them to reach in due course.

I thought there was a penalty with RAM over 3600? Or is that why your fabric clock is 1800?
That is a high V on the RAM, will it be stable long term?

forgive me but can u run the game without 'vsync' it's capped at 60 fps. Can you benchmark other games?

I thought there was a penalty with RAM over 3600? Or is that why your fabric clock is 1800?

correct, once you go over 3800mhz on the memory the fclock automatically switches to 1:2 ratio. ryzen master will say it's set at what ever you change it to but really it's not. at 4200 mhz on the memory he's actually at some where around 1000mhz on the fclock i believe..

voltage on the memory is fine as long as the case has decent airflow.

Nice work. Looks like bios is helping with clocks, seen higher bins in the 4.6 range too, closer to where I expected them to reach in due course.

yeah that's a huge no.. the only way you're hitting 4.6Ghz all core fully stable is with sub ambient temps.. these chips are super temp sensitive.

No I can run fabric tested up to 1900 ,I had 1800 on because it was not like a review ,just showing people an overclock ,that is all it was

forgive me but can u run the game without 'vsync' it's capped at 60 fps. Can you benchmark other games?

Well i can and made lots of videos but I have 4K freesync monitor and I do not always remember to turn off vsync.I can link video vsync off 3 games with boost 4525Mhz

correct, once you go over 3800mhz on the memory the fclock automatically switches to 1:2 ratio. ryzen master will say it's set at what ever you change it to but really it's not. at 4200 mhz on the memory he's actually at some where around 1000mhz on the fclock i believe..

voltage on the memory is fine as long as the case has decent airflow.

yeah that's a huge no.. the only way you're hitting 4.6Ghz all core fully stable is with sub ambient temps.. these chips are super temp sensitive.

Actually on some motherboards the BIOS is messed up and does not switch to proper speed but on my motherboards the fabric when check in CPU-Z it is at correct speed @ 1799 in this case on the video .I checked it and should have showed it.

To OP: what cooler? Temps under load?
The cheastest AIO of all time think less than $40 bucks US.

♦ CPU - AMD 3600X With MasterLiquid Lite ML240L RGB AIO

Uploading Video ALL core overclock @ CPuU Voltage 1.325v @ 4425Mhz. I will add to first post.

Dan just reached 4.5. Few other guys hitting 4.5-4.6 now.

These are just like the opterons/7970s etc they will clock but you gotta tweak and massage it out. Which is great because non-newb friendly OC makes it a challenge again.

Lol 10% cpu usage and 6% gpu usage. You really have that system pegged!

Could you say least give us a Cinebench run??

WTF is it with Cinbench ,i do not get it.Is it because it is fast and easy.I only game ,do not play Cinbench.
I did a Cinbench last week,it this good .
3600-X-Cinbench.png

Can you run R20 instead of R15? (Single core would be nice as well as I'm comparing to my ancient 2010 Mac Pro 12c/24t and 2018 MacBook Pro 4c/8t.)

Last edited:
I could I just did another cin 15 @ 4400Mhz lol.I will download it.
Cinbenc-4400-Mhz.png

Cin20 4350Mhz
cin20-4350.png

Last edited:
WTF is it with Cinbench ,i do not get it.Is it because it is fast and easy.I only game ,do not play Cinbench.
I did a Cinbench last week,it this good .

CB has scalable, consistent results and shows that you are at least somewhat stable and not throttling.

Nice results btw. That is on par with an overclocked 1800x and better than a highly overclocked 8700k.

The multiplier for the Ryzen 3 in CB seems to be 65 whereas Intel and Ryzen 1/2 are about 55. ie freq * cores(w/ht) * 55 = score. So an 8700k at 5ghz is 5 * 6 * 55 which is about 1650.

Could you do under 3800 mhz ram with very low timing in some memory benchmarks. It would be cool to see how low you can get the latency down. Better latency usually means better gaming performance. tRFC was huge last gen for that beyond primary timings.

Do you mind trying per CCX OC - video from der8auer, and the tool. He used it on 3900X, but it may work on 3600X as well (two CCX's there, one could be better than the other).

3900x users are getting good results, about 5% uplift over standard OC in few cases who I have seen report about it.

The tool is rudimentary at this stage, so it has to be set manually at every boot, if you want the benefit. Hope this will get fixed in due time, but at this stage it would be interesting to see if you will get any benefit on your CPU which seems to have two good CCX's.

Do you mind trying per CCX OC - video from der8auer, and the tool. He used it on 3900X, but it may work on 3600X as well (two CCX's there, one could be better than the other).

3900x users are getting good results, about 5% uplift over standard OC in few cases who I have seen report about it.

The tool is rudimentary at this stage, so it has to be set manually at every boot, if you want the benefit. Hope this will get fixed in due time, but at this stage it would be interesting to see if you will get any benefit on your CPU which seems to have two good CCX's.

ryzen master has the option to do what the app does, the app's just cleaner and easier to change settings with.

Hope so as well...3900X users have it good since they have 4 CCXs to choose from to get the best possible boost, while the rest of us only have 2...So we only have 50% a chance to be as lucky as them...Add in that they have binned/semi cherry picked dies, and well that makes it even better...

I really wish I had gotten the 3900X. If I had known about the power limitations, I would have gone with it as the 3800X was not available on launch day, but I would have at least gotten the 3800X. I have seen stable 4.35Ghz AC clocking on my 3700X, with just a wraith Prism and a single 120mm fan (mounted on the back of the case) as an intake, since I have my top rad out and the front fans disconnected since the BIOS update ruined my fan curves and they are a PITA to set up in the bios. I still have hope that once I get it and my single 5700Xt under 780mm of rad space that it can stretch it's leg.

I was running 130% current limit with my 4.3Ghz 2700 AC 24/7 with 130% current, since I had 3x 120mm GT AP-15s blowing down on the VRM/mobo area and it was rock solid. I would like to see at least a few cores be able to breach 4.5Ghz, but I am not confident in that at this point. I just do not think it's that much of an upgrade as a 3800X/3900x would be under water, given the power restrictions on the 65W 3700X. Hopefully my CPU will like the manual inputs instead. Won't know until the end of the month since EK is slow getting their blocks out yet again.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

ccityinstaller Yeah I was gonna say, the CCXs are basically dice rolls. We're getting silicon loot boxes now lmao.

Also makes me wonder what Silicon Lottery is achieving. I have no idea if they appreciate the granularity of per CCX max OC, or if they'll still stick to selling all-core OCs.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
ccityinstaller Yeah I was gonna say, the CCXs are basically dice rolls. We're getting silicon loot boxes now lmao.

Also makes me wonder what Silicon Lottery is achieving. I have no idea if they appreciate the granularity of per CCX max OC, or if they'll still stick to selling all-core OCs.

I can't see a viable model for selling these CPUs...I mean what do they expect, people to pay $100+ to get 100mhz? Looking at their prices for the high binned 9900K/KFs you are paying $600+ for 5Ghz (since what idiot would buy that and not pay the "tiny" charge of $49 to de lid it and get some decent tim) and 900+ for their top bins...

I guess there are a lot of richer ppl out there, but I prefer to roll the dice myself. I have been very lucky with the silicon lottery over my entire PC history going back to the K6 (my first non prebuilt)...This 3700X might end up as the worst/2nd worst with OC headroom. We will see once I get it under water. If it sucks, I will buy a 3800X/3900X and see what it can do lol.

There's no point overclocking Ryzen 3000, maybe except 3600X. The performance gain is very very minor. The moment you start messing with the Vcore, Ryzen 3000 starts to behave erratically.
The bios still needs a lot of optimizing

CB has scalable, consistent results and shows that you are at least somewhat stable and not throttling.

Nice results btw. That is on par with an overclocked 1800x and better than a highly overclocked 8700k.

The multiplier for the Ryzen 3 in CB seems to be 65 whereas Intel and Ryzen 1/2 are about 55. ie freq * cores(w/ht) * 55 = score. So an 8700k at 5ghz is 5 * 6 * 55 which is about 1650.

Could you do under 3800 mhz ram with very low timing in some memory benchmarks. It would be cool to see how low you can get the latency down. Better latency usually means better gaming performance. tRFC was huge last gen for that beyond primary timings.
Good as a 1800X/8700K that is great.Not sure what you cinsider very low timings .I did a run in the video with CL16 3600 all timings set low.Do you want CL14 or lower let me know .I will not make a difference and also the scores will be different because I was recording desktop and had some things running so grain of salt stuff.

There's no point overclocking Ryzen 3000, maybe except 3600X. The performance gain is very very minor. The moment you start messing with the Vcore, Ryzen 3000 starts to behave erratically.
The bios still needs a lot of optimizing
You get the best gaming results with AMD overclocking the CPU for you but you also get the best production results from overclocking manual.For me I use precision boost overdrive where my CPU boost 4525Mhz and nets 1FPS @4k more .Not that is crazy.

ryzen master has the option to do what the app does, the app's just cleaner and easier to change settings with.

I have seen this posted on a few sites.I do not get it when you can use Ryzen Master to change CPU voltage and Clocks on the fly in creator mode.So I made a video.
I guess using the ASUS tool in administrator mode is easier for some. I been changing CCX with Ryzen Master since I got my 3600X and I can not remember if I was changing on the fly or changing on the fly after I opened this tool once and set one CCX OC Tool: http://bit.ly/30zhbMz .So for now I say open tool once and then use Ryzen master.

Good as a 1800X/8700K that is great.Not sure what you cinsider very low timings .I did a run in the video with CL16 3600 all timings set low.Do you want CL14 or lower let me know .I will not make a difference and also the scores will be different because I was recording desktop and had some things running so grain of salt stuff...

3600mhz+ at c14 would be impressive. Aida64 is probably the best tool to gauge the results for latency. It would be nice to see if you could get the latency down. Keep in mind that motherboards often loosen up tRFC when you tighten the timings. This has a huge impact on latency as well. Thanks for the work!

I can probably run CL12 3600 but I looked at some videos I did last week and latency seems normal.
What would be a good latency in your mind because a couple of ms to me is not beneficial at all when gaming for me.
In fact I get higher gaming FPS with looser timings ,just saying but I game at 4K not 1080 but I do have a 30hz-144hz freesync monitor I am not using lol.

Now if you are expecting sub 60 latency like Ryzen last gen you are expecting to much.I think the screens are well great for Ryzen,again what is a good latency and I will try it out.

CL16 4200Mhz 73.0 latency
Desktop-Screenshot-2019-07-18-15-17-33-38.png

CL16 3600Mhz 70.5 latency
Desktop-Screenshot-2019-07-18-15-16-10-67.png

Attachments

• Desktop-Screenshot-2019-07-18-15-16-10-67.png
    Desktop-Screenshot-2019-07-18-15-16-10-67.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 122
Well it doesn't seem like alot of headway can be had there and your trfc was good at 288.

Mostly curious as an APU fan so I wonder what they will do to make any real improvements there.

I am not sure but check this out I set CPU 2200Mhz and this is what I got.I can tell you The CPU is Faster in gaming than 2600X ,4350Mhzand My intel rig at 4500Mhz
Desktop-Screenshot-2019-07-18-22-15-27-43-2.png

Nice. It looks like your trfc jumped to 320 from 288 when you lowered cas. Is that something you did to stabilize or did your MB do that automatically? What ram voltage?

I am actually fucking with ya,from your first post I got a feeling your the type of person that wants to see the highest and best ,same settings ,so I actually been changing all the stuff a little to see if you notice lol Sorry .I am actually testing different combinations and i will take weeks before I find what I want and what I consider game stable.

Back