Ryzen 2200G vs i5-4590S graphics for desktop 4K?

riffcho

n00b
I have an HP desktop with i5-4590S integrated graphics 4600 at my work place. I recently got a 27" 4k display to replace my 27" 1080p old one. The new monitor seems somewhat laggy in desktop use although it is running at 60 Hz.
I also have a new HP Ryzen 2200G PC. I am wondering if it is worth moving to the Ryzen if it means better 4K experience? It is a major hassle.

I will have to install OS and so on. Which I will do eventually. But I wanted to know before hand whether I should keep it for myself or hand it to one of the employees to replace an old system..

That was Intel's first-generation with DisplayPort 1.2 4k support, so anything is possible.

The 2200g should be several times more powerful, so if that is the source of th e issue you'd be very well-off.

Have you verified that the monitor itself doesn't have ungodly high input lag? What is the model number?

You have that Intel hooked up to display port right? Those Intel's will not do HDMI 2 which is on the AMD, to get 4k60. Also AMD drivers in Linux might be a bit smoother than Intel's. Really though the CPU power would be a wash, so unless you need the GPU power really no reason, minus platform improvements in inter conectivity.

2200G had a ton of issues on the HDMI port with whatever driver I tried (no DP port). I had to put first GT 1030 with DP and HDMI ports. Worked fine on both ports with the same cables but still a bit choppy. Then I changed to GTX 1050Ti which was better but I did not like the reserved 2GB I could not change. So I put the GTX 1050 Ti in the I5-4590s system and use this now.

Back