Ryzen 2 X470 MB Top Native Ram Speed

Looking at the specs for the Ryzen 2 CPU, I see that as compared to the first gen, the top native RAM speed has gone up from 2666 Mhz. to 2933 Mhz. The problem I've come across, is that looking at some of the new X470 MBs, they all list 2933 Mhz. as "OC", not native. What's going on with this?

It's A-XMP. extreme memory profile. An overclocking feature for Ram. Used to be 2400 default but has come up to 2933 native. Can get a lot faster with XMP.

Looking at the specs for the Ryzen 2 CPU, I see that as compared to the first gen, the top native RAM speed has gone up from 2666 Mhz. to 2933 Mhz. The problem I've come across, is that looking at some of the new X470 MBs, they all list 2933 Mhz. as "OC", not native. What's going on with this?

it's due to the jedec standard.. anything over i think it is now 2667(use to be 2133) is still required to state it as an overclock even though the processor it's self natively supports that clock rate.. it's a moronic standard requirement since it just creates confusion for the consumer and forces manufactures to have to answer dumb questions.

it's due to the jedec standard.. anything over i think it is now 2667(use to be 2133) is still required to state it as an overclock even though the processor it's self natively supports that clock rate.. it's a moronic standard requirement since it just creates confusion for the consumer and forces manufactures to have to answer dumb questions.
Thanks for the info. Sounds like that bureaucracy is acting like a typical bureaucracy, always a day late and dollar short. What are they actually good for?

Looking around a bit, I've seen that for the RAM to operate at 2933, the voltage has to go up from 1.2 to 1.35.

Back