Ryzen 1700x $229 @ MC

This is such a good deal though, thanks for note. I just bought got my 1600 like exactly a week ago :( for like$30 less!

The staples link is showing $426 for me. Is that because the closest MC is a few hundred miles away?

The staples link is showing $426 for me. Is that because the closest MC is a few hundred miles away?
You have to go in staple or call for a price match. More then likely it is ymmv if the closest MC is a few hundred miles away. They more then likely won't price match it.

I picked one up today the AMD rep was there - even the sales guys didn't know. He asked him why the 1700x was cheaper than the 1700. The rep didn't know so I said "they are getting rid of the 1700x and 1800X because it is faster than the 1900X thredripper and want to push the more expensive platform." The AMD guy looked at me like I shit on his shoe lol.

We need a MC in the Austin or San Antonio area. We only have Fry's and that's in Austin. San Antonio is the 7th largest city in the U.S. you'd think they would want to capture that market.

Wow! That is almost worth a 2 hour road trip to Atlanta to pick up one especially with their motherboard combo deals. I was about settled on getting a 1600x for $200 shipped but $30 more for 2 more cores ain't a bad way to go.

Guess they're clearing them out to make room for all the 12nm chips coming out in a few months.

After checking, the 1600X is $179. That's is a smoking deal!

http://www.microcenter.com/product/485562/Ryzen_5_1600X_36GHz_6_Core_AM4_Boxed_Processor

Last edited:
Just got refunded $30 since I bought mine last week for $259. While I was there they have the 960 EVO 500GB M.@ for $199 so got that as well

For anyone in the Dallas area, there is currently an open box 1950x for $720! If I needed it I would be driving there as we speak.

I just piced up a 1700X put it in my asrock board previously running my 1700 and it runs like a turd...not sure what is going on.

I ended up buying a 1700x and Gigabyte K7 board last night, when the 1700x was $260. I had some second thoughts about the MB, so when I went to reserve an Asrock Taichi, I noticed that not only do they have a second combo promo (aside from the $30 off for buying the CPU/MB), the 1700x had the $30 price drop.

When I went to the store to exchange the MB, they wanted to return both items first, then re-sell me the pair. They ended up marking the unused 1700x as open box, put a tag on it for $180, and let me actually buy the open box item BACK. So I ended up paying $345 for the pair, before the $30 rebate on the Taichi. I feel like I stole something...

Paid 289 for mine almost 3 months ago, and I thought it was a pretty good deal back then! I'm happy with it, but damn prices are falling. Doesn't matter in the end, since DDR4 prices just keep on climbing!

I wish I had a reason to build a new system. This damn 2500K is still chugging along. Does fine for what I need it to do. :)

That's a steal. AMD is really coming through this holiday season. I paid $199 for my 1600 a while back and that was a steal then...this is a great deal!

I wish I had a reason to build a new system. This damn 2500K is still chugging along. Does fine for what I need it to do. :)

4 threads vs 16! Time to put down your loyal machine and embrace the future.

4 threads vs 16! Time to put down your loyal machine and embrace the future.
I am not loyal to either. Used to run amd in there hay days with Opteron 165. Currently I just don't use my desktop that much and a 2500k with ssd is more than enough.

Lol I want one but ddr4 is ludicrous ATM. Question though are ryzen chips better at higher speed ram these days?

Back