Ryzen 1700 $170 @ Microcenter (w/ rebate)

Neapolitan6th

[H]ard|Gawd
Currently the 1700 is $140 at Microcenter after a $30 rebate and a $30 motherboard bundle.

Kind of a crazy value to be honest. If you went the cheapest route, I found some open box b350 motherboards for $56 that you could bundle with this cpu.

Link

Shame the apus aren't cheaper. Kind of hard to buy a 2400G when twice the threads will cost you just $20 more. (Yes the 1700 would need a gpu, but still)

Currently the 1700 is $140 at Microcenter after a $30 rebate and a $30 motherboard bundle.

Kind of a crazy value to be honest. If you went the cheapest route, I found some open box b350 motherboards for $56 that you could bundle with this cpu.

Link

Shame the apus aren't cheaper. Kind of hard to buy a 2400G when twice the threads will cost you just $20 more. (Yes the 1700 would need a gpu, but still)
I would go over any open box MB with a fine tooth comb. I went to buy a x299 board open box from MC a couple weeks ago and damn. It didn't even have the i/o plate. There were MB standoffs rolling around in the bag with MB. A good chunk of pins we're also smashed. I took a look at the gigabyte board they had was better off with the accessories but pins still smashed. It is like they don't even look at the returns.

I would go over any open box MB with a fine tooth comb. I went to buy a x299 board open box from MC a couple weeks ago and damn. It didn't even have the i/o plate. There were MB standoffs rolling around in the bag with MB. A good chunk of pins we're also smashed. I took a look at the gigabyte board they had was better off with the accessories but pins still smashed. It is like they don't even look at the returns.
Agreed, with AM4 being PGA, it would give me more hope. LGA boards on the other hand...

Back