rx580 acting wonky

Xa3phod

Limp Gawd
Bought a used RX580. It seems to work, windows is up and running. Can't seem to get any drivers I install to work. I installed the regular adrenaline drivers then I did the auto detect and it installed enterprise drivers. 3DMark says no compatible benchmarks found. The AMD software won't load either. I used to have an R9 Fury X in this thing that worked fine. Also had a GTX970 and it worked fine. Did I get scammed on Ebay? Is this some reflashed card or something? Shows up as an AMD Radeon RX 580 2048SP in GPU-Z. Should I do that AMD driver removal program and try to reinstall? First time using it.
Also, when I try to run the AMD software I get a warning that the version of AMD softwareL Adrenaline edition you have launched is not compatible with with your currently installed graphics driver. Please check your system for other versions of AMD software...
I did the AMD driver removal tool. What is going on??

Not sure how relatable it is, but when my GTX 670 died, it did restart into windows, but no drivers would install. The problems were pretty severe involving a max-res of 800x600 and some red pixels.

Can't hurt to try DDU, and/or a stand-alone USB OS.

Is there a warning symbol or exclamation mark next to the device in device manager? It sounds like a bios modded card that the miner was too lazy to flash back to stock. Modded cards won't run with stock drivers unless you install a registry mod. You can probably flash it back to the stock bios and see if it will work.

Is there a warning symbol or exclamation mark next to the device in device manager? It sounds like a bios modded card that the miner was too lazy to flash back to stock. Modded cards won't run with stock drivers unless you install a registry mod. You can probably flash it back to the stock bios and see if it will work.
Never did that before. I have no idea who made this card, it looks like a reference AMD card, but who knows?
Checked and the bios version according to GPU-Z is a standard bios. Also the sticker on the GPU is all beat up, can't tell which manufacturer it is.
I just checked the ebay posting and I didn't realize it said the HDMI is not working, because I am using the HDMI port. Seems to be working. Here is a link to the card:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304575270833

Looks like a stock AMD card.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Does the power draw look weird?

1659589494115.png

That fan shroud looks similar to the shrouds on all the other fake Geforce cards out there, wouldn't surprise me if that's a fake RX580. You should file an ebay claim and get your money back.

Attachments

• 03102613505l.jpg
    03102613505l.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
That fan shroud looks similar to the shrouds on all the other fake Geforce cards out there, wouldn't surprise me if that's a fake RX580. You should file an ebay claim and get your money back.
I've seen so many of those effing "1050 Ti" "4g". They're still listed on ebay, right now. I reported them as fraud, but they remain up.

What one actually receives varies from a GTS 450 to a GTX 550. 512mb - 1GB.

I wanna hold what you're holding. Too bad used ones are not as great bang-for-buck as team green, for what I do.

Back