RX480 Strix keeps dumping second (extended) display after hibernation

Status
Not open for further replies.

scgt1

Supreme [H]ardness
So had problems with onboard 530 of my 6600K with dumping second display for streaming after setting monitor to sleep or computer to hibernate. Decided to get a dedicated gpu (RX480 STRIX) and surprise I have similar issues with it also.

I have my main computer display and then my samsung tv as the second (extended) display through my Onkyo receiver in my living room. When the computer hibernates then wakes up it looses the second (extended) display. The crimson software sometimes still shows the display and sometimes doesn't. The sound settings also show it as not connected.

I can go into windows display properties and click detect and viola it's there again. If the receiver is powered off and the computer hibernates. Once the computer is woke up and then the receiver is powered on I sometimes just get a blue display on my samsung or it shows my wallpaper for a split second then goes full screen green.

I haven't had a chance to break down all the scenarios yet of what does what but it's very frustrating. Come home click the mouse to wake the computer. Grab dinner or what ever sit down in the living room. Pull out my phone and open Gizmo to control JRiver media center (stream from my computer) to find out the display isn't working. Have to get up and either turn off virtual super resolution and then back on again to get the RX480 to see the extended display or just reboot the computer.

I'm sure most people just have computer monitors connected and don't run into these problems because they probably never power off the second display but I wouldn't think I should be having these problems. Once the computer wakes up it should initialize the second display and 3/4 of the time it's not. I really don't want to revert back to running my computer 24/7 and leaving my computer display powered on 24/7 either but it just seems that is what I will have to do.

The Crimson drivers/software seem to be the main issue here since I can either detect displays through windows or turn off the Virtual Super Res and back on again to initialize the extended display. One shouldn't have to F around with things like this though. If the receiver is powered on when the computer is woke up from hibernation it should pick up the second display. For that matter once woke from hibernation powering on the second display/receiver the computer should find the display but doesn't always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back