RX470 - Memory clock speed - Memory Speed 6600 versus 7000MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

imre

Limp Gawd
Hi,
I wanted to post this in the currency crypto channel but its a video cards so i got a fright and posted it here:

I want to buy the ASUS Strix 4gb Rx470 - but i see the ram is only speed'ed at
  • Memory Speed (Effective with DDR): 6600 MHz
The Powercolor i have is running at 7000, and i see the Asus only uses a 6-pin power connector...

Is this going to cause me sluggish mining or gaming performance?
and or is this a no no , and rather go for another or same brand?

Just finding it hard to source computer parts in the UK i dont know the stores in the UK well enough and the hardcore underground shops.

Please comment? thanks

I have that Asus 470 currently (The OC version). Got it cheap on black friday. It hasn't had any issues running very high to ultra settings at 1920x1200 on any of the recent games I've played. Haven't done any mining, or tried to overclock it beyond the Asus factory OC. Far Cry 4, Fallout 4, Doom, Watchdogs 2, Hitman...they all seem to run pretty smoothly. With watchdogs, you can play with the settings and bring the 470 to its knees (along with the rest of the system, actually), but with relatively high settings it plays smooth at my resolution and 60Hz refresh rate. Hope this helps!

I want to buy the XFX 470 4GB or the Nitro+ 4/8GB just not sure on the Nitro+ 8gb....they reckon it is 8000 gbps not sure what that actually means in real life?
I mean i see the whole 1270 or 1750 mhz thing but i dont really understand how it changes my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back