RX-580 power supply issue with Seasonic X750

atarione

2[H]4U
I'm not sure if my old Seasonic X750 ate it 2 days after getting my XFX RX580 Black Edition or what..

but first couple days pc booted fine with new video card, yesterday I had trouble getting it to boot but it finally did, today it would not boot at all (red led on card, fans would spin up a second on pc then shut off).

pc booted with card removed... old pc booted with card installed...

finally took Seasonic out and replaced it with my old Corsair RX650W power supply i had on hand.. and my pc now seems to boot / run fine with the RX-580?

not sure what is going on as it worked with the Seasonic ok for several days.. but now it just won't work with the RX-580 and Seasonic at same time although both work separately..

has anyone encountered psu compatibility issues with RX580 graphics cards?

well I did see that and eitehr the problem is much larger than reported or that isn't it..

the psu did work with the video card for 3~ days and then just stopped ... and it is a RX580 and a X series psu not a Focus or Vega video card.

Seasonic did approve my RMA request so I guess I'll see how that works out.. so far (late Sunday) pc is still running fine with quite old Corsair RX650w psu..

Back