RVII Strange UEFI issue...

newls1

Supreme [H]ardness
Another VERY strange issue im having with this GPU.... Why is it EACH AND EVERYTIME I ENTER MY MOTHERBOARDS BIOS, MY GPU OC GOES BACK TO STOCK??? This is truly the weirdest issue ive seen in a while. This issue can be replicated each and every time. motherboard is a Asus Z390 E Strix.. And just to confirm, my CPU OC is completely untouched, just my GPU always goes back to stock settings... Anyone?

Did you flash your rvii for the oc? (else thats typical, norm - as it reads and loads its bios settings.)

flash it for the OC, no..... i use wattman for its oc. There is no reason why entering bios resets its software OC. makes no sense

Everytime I shut down and then turn the computer on, Wattman settings are completely reset. (This is because of the Windows 10 Hybrid shutdown.) Although this is not the same in your case, Wattman is most definitely resetting itself and that is the issue. (Says captain obvious. :D )

Im using Radeon Settings (driver) v19.2.2 try that, it seems to hold settings after boot. Save a wattman profile, load it.. alt-R performance monitoring overlay, radeon wattman, save profile, profile x. reboot

Last edited:
Another VERY strange issue im having with this GPU.... Why is it EACH AND EVERYTIME I ENTER MY MOTHERBOARDS BIOS, MY GPU OC GOES BACK TO STOCK??? This is truly the weirdest issue ive seen in a while. This issue can be replicated each and every time. motherboard is a Asus Z390 E Strix.. And just to confirm, my CPU OC is completely untouched, just my GPU always goes back to stock settings... Anyone?
If you didn't flash the video card BIOS then the overclock is being applied through software. If the software is not loaded then your overclock is not being applied. No external software is loaded in the motherboard BIOS, meaning no overclock.

If you didn't flash the video card BIOS then the overclock is being applied through software. If the software is not loaded then your overclock is not being applied. No external software is loaded in the motherboard BIOS, meaning no overclock.
dont think you quite understand the issue at hand here... why in the world would I care if my GPU oc is applied in my BIOS??? That just doesnt make any sense. im not new at this game, been doing this for 20years nearly..... Ive just never seen a gpu OC go back to stock each and everytime, just cause i entered my motherboards bios.. I will not flash the bios on my RVII to keep it simple for resale value... no reason in the world that wattman somehow knows i entered my bios and resets its self everytime. As long as I dont go into the bios, my GPU's OC is 100% untouched otherwise and all is good.

Please explain the issue more; as i'm not sure if you mean UEFI as BIOS level access ~ as UEFI loads predefined in bios settings. CPU OC is applied in bios settings, but typical GPU OC is applied from driver level on the system itself; not BIOS. If you flash bios OC then your settings will hold in bios / UEFI too.

ive explained the issue in detail just fine... Im not trying to be a dick, but if people cant understand my plain and simple typing and way of explaining the issue, please dont reply.

its fine, your edit to post above describes it more clearly,

turn off windows 10 fast boot. (if you haven't, try then.)

ive explained the issue in detail just fine... Im not trying to be a dick, but if people cant understand my plain and simple typing and way of explaining the issue, please dont reply.
You did not communicate the issue appropriately, then. Here is your first post.
This is what my reply addresses. You're saying every time you enter your motherboard BIOS, the OC goes back to stock. You say nothing else. Then you say this:
flash it for the OC, no..... i use wattman for its oc. There is no reason why entering bios resets its software OC. makes no sense
Again, you ask why entering BIOS resets its software OC.

If you said that the OC in Wattman was reset when entering Windows after having been in the BIOS, then that would have been clearer.

I understand if you are frustrated, but if you need help then it is better to slow down and type your issue calmly and concisely.

Back