Russian Government Has Set Rules On Selfies

A lot of these are dumb, but the one with high voltage electric line towers has to be the worst.

Let's not pretend stupidity is limited to Russian, the mother of the idiot who lit a firework motor on his head and killed himself is calling for more government regulations, personally I think the law should be called "Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to breed law," but I doubt that is what she has in mind.

Not shown in the safety selfie campaign is that all selfie images must now contain a shot of Vladimir Putin ripping the head off a dragon in the background.

Let's not pretend stupidity is limited to Russian, the mother of the idiot who lit a firework motor on his head and killed himself is calling for more government regulations, personally I think the law should be called "Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to breed law," but I doubt that is what she has in mind.

I hadn't heard about this, but while tragic, this report is hilarious: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-maine-man-who-killed-himself-with-fireworks/
"Hawley, 30, said Staples was likely “buzzed” from alcohol and that he accidentally lit the cigarette lighter in his hand while dancing with the firework on his head"

The stupidly level is too high to comprehend, and this selfie poster I am sure is based on reality.
Some fireworks laws make sense, like for most dangerous things:
No drinking and fireworks.
And some training/education/exam, to obtain a simple license makes sense.
There things about fireworks that are important to know, sure its mostly place in ground & run.. but also don't re-lit duds (soak in water) batteries should be held between bricks or something like that, as they can tilt.. and I am sure other safety things to consider.. even if just a few, most people don't know.

Not sure what is worse. People actually trying rhose or the Russian government feeling they actually needed to ban it.l

The stupidly level is too high to comprehend, and this selfie poster I am sure is based on reality.
Some fireworks laws make sense, like for most dangerous things:
No drinking and fireworks.
And some training/education/exam, to obtain a simple license makes sense.
There things about fireworks that are important to know, sure its mostly place in ground & run.. but also don't re-lit duds (soak in water) batteries should be held between bricks or something like that, as they can tilt.. and I am sure other safety things to consider.. even if just a few, most people don't know.

Well I'm not saying there shouldn't be any laws, but using the fact that her son was dumb enough to light a motor while it was on his head means we need more regulations shows that this Darwin award winner didn't fall far from the tree.

Well I'm not saying there shouldn't be any laws, but using the fact that her son was dumb enough to light a motor while it was on his head means we need more regulations shows that this Darwin award winner didn't fall far from the tree.

I agree.

Я думаю, что мы должны начать новую традицию . При запуске темы о других странах все ответы должны быть на этом языке.

I think we should start a new tradition . When you start threads about other countries all answers must be in this language .:D

I get them all except... no walking up steep inclines and taking selfies one?

It's basic reading comprehension

"place on ground. Light fuse and get away"
This is on almost every consumer pyrotechnic device. Every brick, artillery shell, aerial shot fireworks have a warning to place on a level, stable surface. If idiots ignore these clear and obvious warnings, that is their problem!

Back on topic, Does anyone know enough Russian to translate the sign?

It's basic reading comprehension

"place on ground. Light fuse and get away"
This is on almost every consumer pyrotechnic device. Every brick, artillery shell, aerial shot fireworks have a warning to place on a level, stable surface. If idiots ignore these clear and obvious warnings, that is their problem!

Back on topic, Does anyone know enough Russian to translate the sign?

There's a google translate app for smart phones.

A closeup of the original image is easier to photograph for the translate app. The small black print are stories of people dieing while taking selfies of those types.

Top Left to right.

1. SELFIES on the railroad are a bad idea, if you value your life!
-An adolescent from Ryazan district wanted to take a picture of himself on the rails and got caught on an electric wire. The shock made him fall off the bridge: he died at the hospital.

2. SELFIES with weapons can kill!
- A 21 year old Moscow female accidentally shot herself in the head with a non-lethal pistol as she tried to take a striking selfie.

3. High Voltage SELFIES? The Price is too high!
- A 9th grade student from Moscow suburbs died while taking a selfie. He grabbed the high voltage power line.

4. SELFIES on the water - it's hard to keep your balance!

5. SELFIES on rooftops - its a long way down!

6. SELFIES - pick your path in advance! Climb Safely!

7. SELFIES with animals don't always turn out cute!

8. SELFIES on rail cars can give you an electric shock!

Yes it is. I've seen countless pictures, videos and news reports of Russians doing at least 3 of those things depicted on the poster, especially the tower climbing.

There was also that Russian girl that shot herself while taking a selfie and playing with a gun. I can't read Russian cyrillic, but that one at the top does say "21" which was the age of the girl that did it. I suspect a lot of the descriptions include actual examples. Hopefully someone here can read Russian and tell us what these say.

Top Left to right.

1. SELFIES on the railroad are a bad idea, if you value your life!
-An adolescent from Ryazan district wanted to take a picture of himself on the rails and got caught on an electric wire. The shock made him fall off the bridge: he died at the hospital.

2. SELFIES with weapons can kill!
- A 21 year old Moscow female accidentally shot herself in the head with a non-lethal pistol as she tried to take a striking selfie.

3. High Voltage SELFIES? The Price is too high!
- A 9th grade student from Moscow suburbs died while taking a selfie. He grabbed the high voltage power line.

4. SELFIES on the water - it's hard to keep your balance!

5. SELFIES on rooftops - its a long way down!

6. SELFIES - pick your path in advance! Climb Safely!

7. SELFIES with animals don't always turn out cute!

8. SELFIES on rail cars can give you an electric shock!
I missed your post. Glad to see someone can read these.

I think you mis-translated #2. She didn't use a "non-lethal" pistol. She shot herself with a regular 9mm pistol, but fortunately did not kill herself. I think that's where the "non-lethal" part comes in.

I missed your post. Glad to see someone can read these.

I think you mis-translated #2. She didn't use a "non-lethal" pistol. She shot herself with a regular 9mm pistol, but fortunately did not kill herself. I think that's where the "non-lethal" part comes in.

That is correct, she non-lethally shot herself with a real gun.

Back