Russia Bans Anonymous Wi-Fi Use

I bet this pisses Google off, as that's their job here in America! At least we get to pretend we're anonymous. Its all about "the feels".

I bet this pisses Google off, as that's their job here in America! At least we get to pretend we're anonymous. Its all about "the feels".
Exactly right, as long as most Americans "feel" anonymous they are safe. Simpletons.

Hey, at least Snowden found a much less oppressive country than the USA to live in :p

They're just putin things in order, guys.

Wonder if they'll make malware to enforce this...

Your hatred for Google is Alarming. NewsFlash! Microsoft and every other company does the same thing.

Hey, at least Snowden found a much less oppressive country than the USA to live in :p

I'm probably a bigger pro-Government/pro-America guy than most people on tech sites, but even I wouldn't blame Snowden for moving to Russia. Other than China which looks even more oppressive, Russia is just about the only country one can go to to avoid the American authorities in such a high profile case. Most countries non-oppressive governments are American allies and are part of or affiliates with NATO. Countries that do not affiliate with America (or have laws forcing them to give up Snowden) are usually too small (or possibly corrupt) to actually stop America (with possible UN backing) from just grabbing Snowden.

Russia is one of the few rational choices for him to run. Hell, he could've gone to China, but like I said earlier, China is probably worse in the oppression department. And frankly, I don't think China would be too eager to have him. Putin is only keeping Snowden because of how upset that makes the POTUS and US Gov (I'm pretty sure he's given up hope of actually extracting any juicy national secrets from Snowden).

It's not like Snowden has the connections to escape a criminal charge by hiding out in an embassy.

Back