Running Process (Acrobat/RegCleaner/etc...)

malebolgia

Gawd
One of the computers at work is having a rather interesting problem with Acrobat Reader 7.0 (and any other Acrobat software versions). It turns out whenever you double click on a .pdf file Acrobat will never come up (even though the processes have loaded). However if you go and startup Acrobat by itself first, then open the .pdf through the finder it will open.

Here's where the fun part comes in, after you close Acrobat and try to re-open Acrobat nothing will happen. No loading screen nothing (same problem now as the double clicking method). The only way I've found is to log off and log back on in order to open another PDF file. Now I've tried multiple times installing Acrobat again, bother the older and newer versions.

Edit: When I attempt to run the software "RegCleaner" the process just runs in the background (never displaying a splash screen or anything). This computer up to I guess a few months ago never had this problem. I'm starting to suspect it's related to SP2 (would be about the time SP2 was installed). I'm fresh out of ideas, so if anyone has any suggestions please reply.

Never seen this happen... Does adobe show up in your taskbar?... if so check and make sure under the properties that its not set to run minimized.. still if you click it ,,it should maximize... \

also and I hate to say it but make sure you've run adaware and spybot.. just to be safe

Also you didn't specificly say if you first uninstalled all version of acrobat that show up in add/remove programs. Then rebooted and installed a new fresh copy. I've seen the problem you describe when the old version are not uninstalled. If not then im not of much help.

hulksterjoe said:
Never seen this happen... Does adobe show up in your taskbar?... if so check and make sure under the properties that its not set to run minimized.. still if you click it ,,it should maximize... \

also and I hate to say it but make sure you've run adaware and spybot.. just to be safe

Acrobat doesn't appear on my taskbar the second time I try to run it (only in the background)

Lowbatt said:
Also you didn't specificly say if you first uninstalled all version of acrobat that show up in add/remove programs. Then rebooted and installed a new fresh copy. I've seen the problem you describe when the old version are not uninstalled. If not then im not of much help.
I don't think I've uninstalled Acrobat then rebooted, but I'll try that.

I ran into this problem at my job.

Running Adobe acrobat 5 and installed 7. same issue with the pdf not opening.

had to:
1) uninstall 7 (I then restarted just to be safe)
2) uninstalled 5 and restarted (definately to be safe)
3) installed 7

it worked fine.

Back