running mutimode fibre along outside wall

It should be in conduit either way. You could probably get away with using an old garden hose.

The problem I have is that it's going to be run up the outside of our brick built house into the attic, so in theory 3 stories. The place we live have "rules" about this so we can't even have tv areals or sat dishes on the outside of our houses. That's my fault for buying a house in a community of people who think they should be next in line for the throne!

The problem I have is that it's going to be run up the outside of our brick built house into the attic, so in theory 3 stories. The place we live have "rules" about this so we can't even have tv areals or sat dishes on the outside of our houses. That's my fault for buying a house in a community of people who think they should be next in line for the throne!

can you put a piece of 1/2" pvc on the house ( first making sure that the end of the fibre will fit tho ) ?

Dash

You can go with the PVC tubing or they make square tubing that has a split down the side and locks closed. Paint it to match the walls and nobody would know it is there.

can you put a piece of 1/2" pvc on the house ( first making sure that the end of the fibre will fit tho ) ?

Dash

Half-inch would be VERY tight with an LC end at least, not sure about an SC end though.

Half-inch would be VERY tight with an LC end at least, not sure about an SC end though.

take your cable down to the local hardware store and have a look at the pipe you can buy, see if it fits inside :) thats what i would do.

Would split-loom work? Easy to work with, just have to seal the ends where it enters and exits the house.

Would split-loom work? Easy to work with, just have to seal the ends where it enters and exits the house.

if you look at split loom it has holes in it all over, so it would allow water and air through the hole.

Not all split-loom has holes in it. I just installed some high-temp loom in a kit car last week that is solid except for the split itself. Maybe you're thinking of nylon mesh sleeving?

Buy outdoor UV resistant multimode fiber and put on your own end connectors. Then attach to brick with anchors and screws. You might be able to find a vendor who has the outside jacket in a color that fits your job. I suppose you could paint the cable to minimize its appearance.

The FCC says you can have antennas and dishes under certain conditions. Look up OTARD.

If you live in the US of course.

The FCC says you can have antennas and dishes under certain conditions. Look up OTARD.

If you live in the US of course.

Liing in the us has nothing to do with it, read what he wrote, he lives in a tight community that forbids that stuff hanging off the house, they don't want his house to look like all the rest of the country's houses with wiring and antennas and dishes hanging off the hous making it look like SHIT.

Right, but in the US, according to the FCC guidelines, the HOA has no bearing on whether or not he can mount a dish or some other types of communication, Valve's suggestion was that he take advantage of this if possible.

Of course, he can't - because he does not live in the US.

Did you see how he spelled the word Fiber? He does not. :D

And the use of the word Aerial :p

Liing in the us has nothing to do with it, read what he wrote, he lives in a tight community that forbids that stuff hanging off the house, they don't want his house to look like all the rest of the country's houses with wiring and antennas and dishes hanging off the hous making it look like SHIT.

Read the OTARD rule, because you clearly have no idea what it is.

Right, but in the US, according to the FCC guidelines, the HOA has no bearing on whether or not he can mount a dish or some other types of communication, Valve's suggestion was that he take advantage of this if possible.

Of course, he can't - because he does not live in the US.

The HOA can restrict some things in what is considered a common area, or a place that the HOA is responsible for the maintenance of. But if you own and have to take care of it, the HOA can fuck off.

It should be in conduit either way. You could probably get away with using an old garden hose.

I would not do that. Garden hose is soft and can be twisted. Use a hard and solid pipe, plastic is best. Fiber is always ok outside if it is in a protected environmen.

Back