Running multiple backgrounds

Pez

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello all. I don't know if this question belongs in the Video Card, OS or General Software forum, so I figured this would be the safest bet to not tick off the masses.

I'm running dual monitors on a 4870 X2 - OS is Vista 64. Is there a way to have a different background on each monitor? From the research I've done, it looks like the solution would be specialized software. What are the best (and safest) options?

Could I use ATI's Catylist Control Center to run multiple desktops (one on each monitor) as a solution? Can Vista do it on it's own, or if not, Is there a way to "hack" Vista to do it? Is there some other third-party software that can?

Thanks in advance!

The best thing I have found is to use Ultramon to set different backgrounds for each monitor. It also comes with some other handy tools so it's not just for use in getting a different background on each monitor. The main thing I use Ultramon for is the taskbar on the second monitor and the ability to run a different wallpaper on each monitor was a plus.

Testing out the trial version. It's awesome sauce.

Thanks all!

Back