running 75c idle with M2N-E mb

insane

Weaksauce
ok guys i just got my new pc built and i need some help.

first my mb is running at 75c when im just surfing and chatting, i dare not to play a game right now so how can i fix this?

things i tried...

i tried plugging my case fans into the mb but they wont run when i do it so i have them directly plugged into the psu.

i also took the mb out of case for grounding

is there someway i can update the bios and make the fan ports on the mb work?

model: M2N-E
maker: ASUS

replying to my first comment, can it be that the temp reader isnt reading correctly seeing that the mb is using a heatsink?

How are you getting the temperature? Have you installed the Cool & Quiet drivers? 75C is quite high. Also you can try to use SpeedFan to set the fan speed. My M2N-E is only running at around half that temperature.

If you just plug your fans directly into the power supply then they will just run at full speed which isn't that bad. That was my initial setup until I changed it to draw power via the mobo.

try reinstalling the chipset drivers that came on the cd, or install them to begin with.

ok i will reinstall the temperature gauge drivers. Also i put my hand close to my case fans and they are WEAK. so im planning on ordering some really nice case fans, hopefully this would resolve the issue too

Back