Rumour: Doom 4 postponed... Indefinately

Doom 4 will be Rage with monsters and aliens.......or vice-versa.

I'd still buy it, no doubt. It will be a multiplatform release, but after the uproar that Rage put forth, I'm thinking maybe the lead platform will be the PC and not the XBox; but I think that has been the plan since the beginning.

I hope id takes the money from Rage and moves forward.:D

The lead platform will not be the PC. The lead platform will be the 360 or whatever the next gen console is called.

I don't mind ports, or that the PC is not the lead platform. Just release a fucking working PC game for Christ's sake. The issues that plagued this game could have been fixed if they just took a few extra days of QC time, and communicated with Nv/AMD a little better. iD has ZERO excuse for having that many issues. They further compounded it with some of, what seems to have become, the standard consolization issues. Give us graphics, res, fov, and control options fit for a PC, or you can keep your game, and I can keep my money.

What iD did, appears to be a straight port using a version of Tech that seems to be designed exclusively around the console, and offers few advantages to the current PC's.

Back