Rumored Specifications for Intel Core i9-9900K, i7-9700K, i5-9600K

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
A member of Chinese forum Coolaler has leaked the supposed specifications for Intel’s upcoming Core i9-9900K, i7-9700K, and i5-9600K processors. While the thread appears to have been removed, screencaps at ComputerBase.de list the leader as an 8C/16T chip with a base clock of 3.6GHz and Boost of up to 5GHz.

The Core i7-9700K also has eight cores, but without hyperthreading. One level below is the Core i5-9600K with six cores and six threads at 95 watts TDP. It provides the highest base clock at 3.7 GHz, which is not surprising, given the lower number of cores.

Last edited:
so my low end threadripper is better then intels "new" chips?

LOL

Did you really just compare your HEDT chip to consumer grade?

That's like saying "so my low end Porsche is better than Toyota's "new" Camry?" LOL.

It's fine if you want to take swipes at Intel, just learn how to make a proper comparison, you're embarrassing yourself.

If it's for gaming you don't need more than 4 or 6 cores anyway. I'll take a 6 core Zen 2 next year and put the cash into a 1180TI since gaming is 90% of my use case. I’m sure a 9700k would be better but the 2600 Zen 2 equivalent will be cheaper and without AMD we won’t get anything better from Intel anyway.

Does it really matter when you're already past your monitors refresh rate?

I get so tired of seeing this argument.

100% agreed. If people are gaming at 480p resolutions to get the most out of their CPU, they need their heads examined

I don't need more than 8 cores,

I dont either, thats whay i have the "low end" one.

No, my comment was about intel apparently disabling hyperthreading. So while you have 8 cores, only 12 threads on the top one, and the next one its completely disabled...thats.. Fing ODD. And clearly a sign of thermal issues

Vegeta, what does the Scouter say about the new Intel processor models?

480w_s.jpg

Sorry, had to post this. :ROFLMAO:

Am I the only one that's beyond tired of the boring i(n%2) naming scheme?

Your average pleb is oblivious to the difference between an i7 980 and 8700k and readily explains they already have an i7 when you suggest an upgrade.

FIX IT INTEL!

P.S. 8c/16t @ 4.6 24/7 under water for <=$349.99 or gtfo

Competition for the Ryzen 7 no doubt. But Intel will bend you over to buy it with a MB.

Gotta protect those profit margins

Wait...the i7 range is going from 12-Threads with the 8700k BACK DOWN to 8-Threads with the 9700k? I get this is 4 Cores/8-Threads vs 8-Cores, but gaming is the only place Intel is truly dominant in, and just for straight gaming, the 9700k is in theory equal to a 6700k/7700k at the same speeds.

And when games become more multi-threaded, the 12 and 16 threads on current Ryzen 5 and Ryzen 7 machines may be enough to overshadow the lowly 8 on the i7. I don't know WHY Intel is going down this route.

Should have been:

i9-9900k 8-Cores/16-Threads 3.6Ghz-5.0Ghz - $499.99
i7-9700k 6-Cores/12-Threads 4.1Ghz-4.8Ghz - $349.99
i5-9600k 6-Cores/6-Threads 4.0Ghz-4.7Ghz - $249.99
i3 9350k 4-Cores/8-Threads 3.7Ghz-4.6Ghz - $189.99
i3 9300k 4-Cores/4-Threads 3.6Ghz-4.4Ghz - $139.99

Granted that line-up would bulldozer right over Ryzen, but hey, competition is fun!

I'm interested to see what, if any, mitigations for Spectre variants are in the hardware. I understand we're nowhere near done finding new exploits, what I'm interested in is having the chips adapt to them (via Microcode, as Intel is already doing) without large performance penalties.

The level of ignorance in this thread by some people is astonishing. You have to be a moron if you think only four cores is enough for all of today's games. You also have to be a moron to think that there is no difference between Amd's best CPU and Intel's best CPU when it comes to gaming. Hell I looked at the 2700 X review over on guru3d and there were even cases were my old 4770k at 4.3 would be faster in gaming.

Does it really matter when you're already past your monitors refresh rate?

I get so tired of seeing this argument.

Some non-game applications seem to take advantage of the higher IPC/clocks. Then there are lots of games, ironically PC exclusive, which benefit greatly from IPC as they are single thread or poorly threaded.

5Ghz, and higher boost on the i9 than the others? Smells like fake to me...

UNLESS they actually go to solder, and I highly doubt they do, I call shenanigans.

I'm interested to see what, if any, mitigations for Spectre variants are in the hardware. I understand we're nowhere near done finding new exploits, what I'm interested in is having the chips adapt to them (via Microcode, as Intel is already doing) without large performance penalties.

The i7-9700k would have a Spectre fix. You need to disable HT to address one of the flaws. Technically, since it has no HT, it has a physical fix... Plus, HT is very situational and of little impact to most games/activities, isnt it standard practice to disable HT during OC-ing?

The i7-9700k would have a Spectre fix. You need to disable HT to address one of the flaws. Technically, since it has no HT, it has a physical fix... Plus, HT is very situational and of little impact to most games/activities, isnt it standard practice to disable HT during OC-ing?
Hyper threading Effectiveness in games depends on how many cores you have in the first place. It is 100% essential if you only have a dual-core CPU and will be almost as effective as having 4 real cores. Even with a 4 core CPU, hyper threading is absolutely needed in most modern games. My 4770k sees 100% utilization in several titles.

Back