Rumored NVIDIA RTX 2070 Specs: 2304 Cores, 8GB GDDR6 at ~$400

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Now that the RTX 2080 Ti and 2080 are less of a mystery, interest is ramping up for their less powerful siblings, the 2070, 2060, and 2050. Rumors from VideoCardz and AdoredTV suggest the former (possibly priced at $300 to $500) will be 40% faster than the 1070, carrying a total of 2304 CUDA cores and 8GB of GDDR6 memory. Wccftech speculates a 256-bit GDDR6 memory interface, for a total of 448GB/s of bandwidth.

The GeForce RTX 2070 is set to launch sometime in September, following the debut of the RTX 2080 Ti and RTX 2080 next Monday, at an estimated suggested price of ~$400 give or take a hundred bucks. The card is said to slightly outperform NVIDIA’s current GeForce GTX 1080 by roughly 8%, but not quite match the GTX 1080 Ti.

yea not sure about this one, if say they clear out 1080 at say 8% or more below the price of this, the 2070 seems like a wash

Cyberpunk 2077 is going to force me to upgrade.
id bet good money Cyberpunk have full RTX support with CDPR's past with NV is anything go by i said in another thread that i think that is why it was shown behind closed doors at E3

A 2070 that's 8% faster than a 1080 but at 1080 prices wouldn't be that bad of a deal. Might be the sweet spot to buy for those like me that have been putting off a GPU upgrade for what seems like a decade.

I’d buy this right now for $500 if it was in stock. I need to upgrade for better 4K support and I hope it will be the predicted 40% faster than a 1070.

Last edited:
Hmm just bought a 1060 6gb. Evga still offers an upgrade option right?

At ~$400 ish it would be decent, at $500 pretty meh IMO, don't see sub-$400 happening though for sure. I'm going to guess it will be launched at $399 but as soon as first shipments are sold out it'll slowly rise to like $450'ish and maybe month or two later it'll be closer to $500 due high demand and not enough supply. 1000 series case rinse and repeat and the old 1000 series will go EOL quickly and will only last for a limited time. If you see it for $400 launch and don't want to pay for the GTX 2080 or Ti, it might be worth grabbing one immediatly.

This will be Nvidia's new pricing strategy to grab that little bit better margins and they'll just blame it on supply & demand obviously.

Last edited:
Im not sure this will sell well.
This is the midrange, there is a metric ton of leftovers that out perform it and will be cheaper.
It's going to be 2080 Ti or unleaded 2080 for most who plan on an upgrade.
Then there is the unwashed masses of crypto miners who are going to flood eBay and Craigslist with cheaper used cards.

I predict that by Christmas, the high end nVidia GPUS will be around $400.

Reactions: _l_
like this
I can get an OCed after market 1080 brand new for $400 right now. If this rumor is true that's basically the performance of a 2070. That they will also be charging $400.

I don't see any compelling reason to buy a 1080 performance card for $400. I mean I can get a used 1080ti for $450 right now. Sure it will have been used for mining but there are plenty of intelligent trustworthy miners with extended posting histories on Reddit trying to unload their mining cards.

With the 1070 slightly faster than the 980Ti, this should be a notable upgrade to my 980Ti, with less power consumption and a nice new feature.

gonna assume the 2070ti has around 35xx stream processors then?
I guess you haven't been paying any attention to all the news then. Even the 2080 will have only 2944 cores. Plus I'm not sure how you can come up with an assumption that the 2070 ti would have over 50% more cores than the 2070. There is absolutely no logic in making that assumption even if we didn't know how many cores the 2080 has.

gonna assume the 2070ti has around 35xx stream processors then?

That would seemingly cannibalize the hell out of the 2080.

For reference, the 1070 ti had about 25% more cores than the 1070. 3500 cores would effectively mean a ~50% jump from the 2070 to the 2070 ti.

That would seemingly cannibalize the hell out of the 2080.

For reference, the 1070 ti had about 25% more cores than the 1070. 3500 cores would effectively mean a ~50% jump from the 2070 to the 2070 ti.
It seems like yesterday I spent $300 on an impulse buy at compUSA for a 32MB GeForce 2.

Taking the rumored $1000 price of 2080 ti at face value, that means nV's top card has exceeded inflation by about 125%. Not as simple as that, I know, but there it is.

" game'n GPU please "

bread.jpg

It seems like yesterday I spent $300 on an impulse buy at compUSA for a 32MB GeForce 2.

Wow, history flashback double whammy.... Geforce 2 AND CompUSA in the same sentence.

I'd like to think that I can skip this upcoming generation since I have a 1070. I try to do upgrades every other cycle, except when I don't, LOL.

Unless I finally go 4K which will require some extra e-peen power.

Its hard to fathom that after all the years of GPU sales... people still believe a new generation is going to be 40% or more faster then the previous one. lol

Every GPU released ever has had marketing lines that read...
" Up to 80% FASTER!!!! then previous generation Ѭ Њ Љ "
" Ѭ - 80% is calculated using XXX under powered supporting gear on older generation gear. "
" Њ - Test performed was Y Synthetic test which has zero real world parallel. "
" Љ - Driver used was Alpha 0.0000 which turns off 90% of new GPUs features when detecting synthetic benchmark used. "

I'll believe the 2070... and 2080s and any of the rest of the new cards are any more then 10% faster then the previous generation, when Kyle runs his tests and says so.

Its hard to fathom that after all the years of GPU sales... people still believe a new generation is going to be 40% or more faster then the previous one. lol

Every GPU released ever has had marketing lines that read...
" Up to 80% FASTER!!!! then previous generation Ѭ Њ Љ "
" Ѭ - 80% is calculated using XXX under powered supporting gear on older generation gear. "
" Њ - Test performed was Y Synthetic test which has zero real world parallel. "
" Љ - Driver used was Alpha 0.0000 which turns off 90% of new GPUs features when detecting synthetic benchmark used. "

I'll believe the 2070... and 2080s and any of the rest of the new cards are any more then 10% faster then the previous generation, when Kyle runs his tests and says so.
It seems you are the one that's quite Clueless. Many generations have had 40% or more improvements in performance. Hell the 1080 TI was 75% faster on average than the 980 TI. That said I don't think we're looking at a massive improvement with this generation at all except in Ray tracing performance of course. You are Beyond ridiculous though thinking it will only be at 10% Improvement.

It seems you are the one that's quite Clueless. Many generations have had 40% or more improvements in performance. Hell the 1080 TI was 75% faster on average than the 980 TI. That said I don't think we're looking at a massive improvement with this generation at all except in Ray tracing performance of course. You are Beyond ridiculous though thinking it will only be at 10% Improvement.

We'll see... hey I would very much like to be wrong. Things like 4k and VR really can't take off until main stream cards can get the job done in style.

10% may be low... however considering Nvidia doesn't believe they have any competition for the high end, I am not expecting them to come out swinging in terms of performance. It seems to me they are going to talk up a bunch of BS features like Ray tracing which mean absolutely nothing to todays gamers. By the time ray tracing features matter in the form of a game you actually want to play that makes any real use of Ray tracing the 2000 generation will be 3-4 generations old.

Guess we won't have to wait to long now to find out... hopefully Kyle is able to snag a few cards to test soon enough.

We'll see... hey I would very much like to be wrong. Things like 4k and VR really can't take off until main stream cards can get the job done in style.

10% may be low... however considering Nvidia doesn't believe they have any competition for the high end, I am not expecting them to come out swinging in terms of performance. It seems to me they are going to talk up a bunch of BS features like Ray tracing which mean absolutely nothing to todays gamers. By the time ray tracing features matter in the form of a game you actually want to play that makes any real use of Ray tracing the 2000 generation will be 3-4 generations old.

Guess we won't have to wait to long now to find out... hopefully Kyle is able to snag a few cards to test soon enough.
Even if there's no improvement at all in "IPC", there is still over 20% more cores and over 25% more memory bandwidth so no way it's just 10% faster.

Im not sure this will sell well.
This is the midrange, there is a metric ton of leftovers that out perform it and will be cheaper.
It's going to be 2080 Ti or unleaded 2080 for most who plan on an upgrade.
Then there is the unwashed masses of crypto miners who are going to flood eBay and Craigslist with cheaper used cards.

I predict that by Christmas, the high end nVidia GPUS will be around $400.
Unwashed masses huh? You mean filthy rich! I bet the collectibles I own, along with other tangible expensive stuff bought with crypto would fill your head with so much envy you would explode! LOL suck it loser! It's so funny to see all the hate all over the internet! It's funny how you insult the people that made so much money, we get to do whatever we want all day long! Permanent vacation baby! LOL

Last edited:
I have a 970 right now. The 2000 series will be a nice upgrade for me. I won't speculate what I will buy yet. Who knows, maybe AMD will have something to compete (ok, stop laughing so hard!)
You and me both. I loved my 970, but there are plenty of games I can't max out at 1080p anymore. I bought the 970 on launch, and plan to ditch it when the 2070 comes out. I don't plan t upgrade to a 4k monitor any time soon, so I have a feeling the 2070 will do just fine for me.

You and me both. I loved my 970, but there are plenty of games I can't max out at 1080p anymore. I bought the 970 on launch, and plan to ditch it when the 2070 comes out. I don't plan t upgrade to a 4k monitor any time soon, so I have a feeling the 2070 will do just fine for me.

This is my upgrade path, skip one generation and get lots of performance as 2 generations out there is noticeable upgrade.

Unwashed masses huh? You mean filthy rich! I bet the collectibles I own, along with other tangible expensive stuff bought with crypto would fill your head with so much envy you would explode! LOL suck it loser! It's so funny to see all the hate all over the internet! It's funny how you insult the people that made so much money, we get to do whatever we want all day long! Permanent vacation baby! LOL
No envy here.

But keep up the personal attacks and you'll really like your vacation. :)

Hey look, another uninformed (if not lying) rich guy that thinks it is all about them... rarely see them types!

No one cares about your toys or your money man, just your used video cards. Assuming you're not just another internet troll, which would also make you completely unique!

Now that the cat is out of the bag, and we know the price is $600, it is not worth the price. I'm not getting one at that price.

Reactions: DF-1
like this
Now that the cat is out of the bag, and we know the price is $600, it is not worth the price. I'm not getting one at that price.

well rest of the world doesnt think so its sold out already

$600 for FE. I wonder if it'll hold true as before that non-FE will be $100 less. Honestly, $500 for ~1080 speeds with the new RTX tech? Until only recently $500 for a 1080 was considered very fair.

I saw a pic of ta 2070 over at Guru3d and there is no NVLINK support thus no SLI support for the 2070.

Back